Is it just me...

Guest ambientcoast

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the more pointless threads on here. Music is enjoyed subjectively so pretty inevitably some people are going to like the line up more than others - same as every year.

Personally its not the best line up for me, but i dont care, itll still be the best week of my year either way.

i tend to sit and look at the line up then use you tube to watch a few tracks by bands i've never heard of to broaden my taste. I'd never heard of half the acts on the west holts stage but a little investigation has left me about 3 new bands to see which cant be a bad thing.

look around theres always loads to see and do. plus you dont want your time away ruined by a tight band schedule, relax and enjoy your time

Line up looks epic to me, been highlighting artists i wanna see and there's clashes pretty much all day every day.

And thats discounting the artists i havent heard but plan on discovering their music at the earliest available opportunity.

I'm pretty happy. The dance area is looking a bit shit - very light on drum & bass & dubstep and too much dumb crap like Ndubz, but the line-up for the Dance Village & Afterburner haven't been announced yet, so hopefully that'll fill some holes.

But f**king hell. Snoop Dogg! Stevie Wonder!! Mos Def!!! Breakestra & Chali 2na!!!!! There's plenty to keep me entertained.

I suspect, when we know what's on all the little stages too, it will be a stellar line-up. A very good start I'd say. Now just got to pray to the weather gods. If it's a hot one, it could be the best for many years...

Maybe not for you. But for me, and others, it is very close to perfect.

You have demonstrated in the past that you dont have a very broad musical knowledge, I suggest now you know the line up you check out some bands on spotify.

Just because you are ignorant doesnt mean we all are.

Edited by Wanderlei

You have demonstrated in the past that you dont have a very broad musical knowledge, I suggest now you know the line up you check out some bands on spotify.

WTF? Who are you and why are you having a go at me? lol. I think this all stems from me not liking Mos Def or George Clinton...when will people let that go?

I think anyone who gave it a 10 out of 10 is ignorant. Pink Floyd, The Beatles, The Smiths and Elvis Presley wouldn't have improved on this line-up then? lol

I think it's you who needs a lesson on what a perfect line-up would be. You have led a very musically sheltered life.

I think anyone who gave it a 10 out of 10 is ignorant. Pink Floyd, The Beatles, The Smiths and Elvis Presley wouldn't have improved on this line-up then? lol

I don't think it a crap line up,its an ok one. Enough to keep me occupied,and for a change i won't be at the Pyramid that much this year,not really impressed by the headliners, but i know most are, does not bother me as there is plenty else to see,may venture to the new West Holts stage,but if its all rap and funk i will avoid it. Acoustic looks pretty good as well.

I like the lineup overall but there seems to be a lot of 4-5 hour spells in which there's nothing much I'm interested. Suits me though, cause I fancy going rock climbing, getting my face painted etc this year.

Seriously though, wtf is with the Pyramid lineup this year? Is it getting worse every year or are my tastes getting better? Or both?

I think the Line-up is pretty good, however i had my heart set on seeing Chemical Brothers...so a bit gutted about this! not much for me on Pyramid except Faithless but the rest of the lineup has a lot to offer to me so i am happy. Headliners to see FRI: The xx @the park, SAT:Muse, SUN: undecided maybe orbital :P

Two thumbs way high to whoever stated that there is no right and wrong in taste. Subjective indeed.

I'm really pleased, I have some harsh clashes for my taste and there is MUCH more music for me this year over last year (where my most visited venue was the 50p tea tent :P)

Last year there were precisely 2 acts I went to see at the pyramid all weekend and one of those was a bit disappointing (although I'm listening to the performance on mp3 atm, oddly). This year there is alot there for me and I will have a good reason to be drinking at mandela every day :P

For me this year other stage and jp lineups arent that strong, but I know for a fact that for others they are going to be great places to go. There is more to glasto than lineups for a fact, but this year there will be more music for me than any year since '99

I love lots of names on the line-up too. I'm not saying that makes you ignorant. I'm saying you're ignorant if you give it a ten out of ten.

At no point have i said this is a bad line-up. But i stick by my guns when i say it's not perfect. That is all. There are people on here who are saying it's a crap line up. Pick on them for a change! :P