The 3rd Stage Announcement

Guest gratedenini

Am I right in thinking that the 3rd Stage is the small-ish tent where the Travelling Band always played... was it "run" by some collective from Halifax or summat?

I always enjoyed the crack in there.. made a change.

I wonder what it will be like with this BBC initiative? Will it be "competitive" i wonder.

I suppose overall it is a good idea... but i`ll wait an see.

Great for local bands though.

den

That area is getting a 'makeover' this year I believe - last year Tom Robinson curated one night - this time around i guess it's BBC Introducing all three. I don't think it'll be competitive - of the 70 acts the best 28 will get slots on the stage. It used to be run by The Dog House.

That area is getting a 'makeover' this year I believe - last year Tom Robinson curated one night - this time around i guess it's BBC Introducing all three. I don't think it'll be competitive - of the 70 acts the best 28 will get slots on the stage. It used to be run by The Dog House.

• 1 month later...

Hey,

Two years ago the 3rd stage (Wickwar Tent) was curated during the day by The Dog House, and then comedy from 10-12 by somebody else.

Last year the 3rd stage (Old Hooky Tent) was curated by The Dog House until about 5.30, then Tom Robinson until 10, then Mundo Jazz organising the comedy until 12.

I'm not sure why The Dog House aren't back - as far as I know they did it all for free - the performers certainly weren't being paid - but they knew last year they wouldn't be back, and seemed a bit upset about it.

Thats all to the best of my knowledge - I apologise if it's wrong!

Rich

(Sound crew in the bar tent for those two years)

Hey,

Two years ago the 3rd stage (Wickwar Tent) was curated during the day by The Dog House, and then comedy from 10-12 by somebody else.

Last year the 3rd stage (Old Hooky Tent) was curated by The Dog House until about 5.30, then Tom Robinson until 10, then Mundo Jazz organising the comedy until 12.

I'm not sure why The Dog House aren't back - as far as I know they did it all for free - the performers certainly weren't being paid - but they knew last year they wouldn't be back, and seemed a bit upset about it.

Thats all to the best of my knowledge - I apologise if it's wrong!

Rich

(Sound crew in the bar tent for those two years)

Yeah, i was sat at the entrance for a good while talking to them and and i heard the same ie they wouldn`t be back.

Seemed ok to me---but obv you dont really know the ins and outs behind the scenes. Lets face it--if the BBC come in in some way or other..well off yer pop Doghouse...but either way--still a shame imo--did give some rootsy feel to it all.

den

Just for the record...we programmed & ran the 3rd stage for 2 years at the festival. We did it for free and it came about because the stuff that used to be put on was so mediocre. The artists we booked played for free. Our 'perk' was a free ticket for those of us who came down. We didnt get anything else other than some free water in the second year. Last time round we were never visited by the organisers to say thank you for our efforts.

This year we were offered a single slot on the 2nd stage....

Michael

www.doghouseuk.com

Just for the record...we programmed & ran the 3rd stage for 2 years at the festival. We did it for free and it came about because the stuff that used to be put on was so mediocre. The artists we booked played for free. Our 'perk' was a free ticket for those of us who came down. We didnt get anything else other than some free water in the second year. Last time round we were never visited by the organisers to say thank you for our efforts.

This year we were offered a single slot on the 2nd stage....

Michael

www.doghouseuk.com