Who do you think...

Guest ashjake0

I agree with the post above, I reckon Feeder are a good shout. Playing V Festival and stuff in August (although put insanely low.. below Passion pit o_O)

Seasick steve is a good shout, I also think Hot Chip, maybe WeAreScientists, Orbital, Rodrigo y gabriela, Flaming Lips :P + a few more I can't think of right now could be headliners.

As long as the headliners aren't like Latitudes :P

i thought we are scientists maybe in the mix somewhere. flaming lips maybe too expensive for summer sundae esp as they're headlining bestival.

primal scream would be good, wasn't sure if those supergrass gigs were final final, like not quite final enough not to headline summer sundae.

not an awful lot is the answer, or at least not in comparison to the big boys (consider the libertines are allegedly getting £1.3million for reading and leeds).

ssw is what, 9,000 capacity? so if 9,000 people bought weekend tickets at £105 a piece, then thats.

£945,000

so erm, thats the libertines out of the picture for starters? then from that £950k you've got to

hire several stages

power them

employ the security, stewards, etc

print and sell the tickets

put up all the facilities (toilets, lights)

hire the pa's

rent the campsites and provide full facilities and security

pay for all the marketing and advertising

and then find over 100 acts, get them to leicester, accomodate them, feed them, organise them, make sure they all bloody turn up, find the soya milk which the charlatans demand. etc. etc.

so not a lot in comparison to reading and leeds. whats the capacity of reading? 90,000

90,000 x £180 = £16,200,000

and thats before you've charged for the car parking, charged £4 a pint, charged for the stalls on site. made money from the 24 hr cafe, the onsite bank machines, the bacardi bar. etc, etc. and you dont need to market it, because it sells out the day the tickets go on sale?

not an awful lot is the answer, or at least not in comparison to the big boys (consider the libertines are allegedly getting £1.3million for reading and leeds).

ssw is what, 9,000 capacity? so if 9,000 people bought weekend tickets at £105 a piece, then thats.

£945,000

so erm, thats the libertines out of the picture for starters? then from that £950k you've got to

hire several stages

power them

employ the security, stewards, etc

put up all the facilities (toilets, lights)

hire the pa's

rent the campsites and provide full facilities and security

pay for all the marketing and advertising

and then find over 100 acts, get them to leicester, accomodate them, feed them, organise them, make sure they all bloody turn up, find the soya milk which the charlatans demand. etc. etc.

so not a lot in comparison to reading and leeds. whats the capacity of reading? 90,000

90,000 x £180 = £16,200,000

and thats before you've charged for the car parking, charged £4 a pint, charged for the stalls on site. made money from the 24 hr cafe, the onsite bank machines, the bacardi bar. etc, etc. and you dont need to market it, because it sells out the day the tickets go on sale?

Less than 9,000, isn't it? I'm sure it was 6,000 before they opened up further into Victoria Park. Plus booking agents usually up their prices for festivals. In that range of low three figure festivals over three days it actually does pretty well compared to, say, Wychwood (headliners: Levellers, Happy Mondays, Seth Lakeman) or Guilfest (Orbital, Human League, Status Quo), both £110.

EDIT: according to a Mercury piece it was 7,000 last year. Either way, all those people on the Facebook group who think Elbow only have to be asked are going to be sorely disappointed.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

James, Hot Chip, 2 Many dj's, Shed Seven, Ash, Primal Scream surely can't be out of the price range.

Would also like to think, DJ Yoda, Starsailor, Golden Silvers, Justice, Kate Nash, Mystery Jets, Puressence, Banco De Gaia, Dreadzone would feature somewhere on the bill............

James, Hot Chip, 2 Many dj's, Shed Seven, Ash, Primal Scream surely can't be out of the price range.

Would also like to think, DJ Yoda, Starsailor, Golden Silvers, Justice, Kate Nash, Mystery Jets, Puressence, Banco De Gaia, Dreadzone would feature somewhere on the bill............

Edited by andyblack

Pretty much all of those acts are potentially out of budget. You'd easily need £50k + for James or the primals.

Yoda and the mystery jets have already played. Shed seven aren't really headliner status? But would be comparable to the cud slot a few years ago. I'd kill to see justice for sure!

:P I am happy with the line up so far .. i just want some good headliners to clinch it for me to go for the whole 3 days .. jersy Budd, Kav good leicester acts.. would Paul Weller be to expensive?? Doves would be perfect .. i know they are in leicester at the end on April ( i got tickets yippe), but they would still be spot on for Sunday nite. what about Black Rebel Motorcycle Club ..

As Maximo Park are doing it appears nothing at the major UK fests, maybe they'd be so kind to headline?

Travis would be an excellent headliner, you may think they're dull and they went dead poppy but they always put on a great show and seem to accept low bookings, in 2008 they played 4th down the 3rd stage at V

Hot Chip, excellent choice of Friday headliner

get !!! back as an indoor headliner, they were mindblowingly good in 2007

The Hives are in Europe at the time

Gomez to return as headliner?

Massive Attack are another playing fests at the time but would maybe be too much money

Underworld seem to be doing nothing but would be amazing