under aged drinking at leeds

Guest lionking

They may check for glass. But they wont be too bothered about your age.

Last year (being 18), i wondered in with a glass bottle in my hand. I completely forgot about the whole glass rule, but they just let me straight through, didnt check my bags or anything. Most 17 year olds probably look older than me too.

Id put anything you have in glass ina plastic bottle, and you'll be fine.

At reading if you had more than one crate you'd get stopped most probably. i was 17 in 09 and was fine and walked past with two crates but i think that was a bit of luck. Surely you have a couple of mates that are 18 thats going na? if not i wouldnt worry about it too much mate. You'll be getting battered one way or another! :P

I know its not Leeds, but at Download last year me and my mate (but 17 at the time) walked into the site with out bags and 4 crates, nobody even gave us a 2nd glance, and we don't look old.

You'll be fine, just don't carry glass, like everyone's saying.

Of course this is all hypothetical, obviously you shouldn't drink underage :P

Last year was the first time I've seen security wandering around and taking alcohol off minors. There were a group of 15 year olds next to us who got some conviscated. They then decided to steel beer off us on the last night despite us being quite nice to them all weekend. Needless to say they got rather mugged off and left half way through the night.

@ Leeds

Never heard of a single person having any problems with being underage

Last year i was in charge of carrying mine and friends alcohol, consisting of a trolley with 6 crates, a few (plastic) bottles anda keg

I was 17, barely looked it, looked like an alcoholic, they just laughed at me and didnt care

And iv never known anyone to have any problems

You should be fine

And an idea for drink which iv always found good is take a wine-box

If its red then its fine warm and you can re-use the bag for spirits afterwards

Other than that take a crate and a bottle of spirit

I'm guessing it all depends on which steward is one your gate when you go in. Some people have said you will get your age checked, some have said not.

My personal experience, I didn't get checked in 2006 when I was 16, again not checked in 2007, both times bringing a f**kload in.

May have got stricter in recent years but I havent been asked and I dont look very old at 19.

I'm guessing it all depends on which steward is one your gate when you go in. Some people have said you will get your age checked, some have said not.

My personal experience, I didn't get checked in 2006 when I was 16, again not checked in 2007, both times bringing a f**kload in.

May have got stricter in recent years but I havent been asked and I dont look very old at 19.

sigh.

It's not that hard to understand.

Taken from the festival website.

Confiscation policy and entry conditions to the festival

The following items are not allowed to be brought into the CAMPSITES by ticket holders and if you cannot return these items to your car they will be confiscat

Any alcohol in the possession of anyone under 18

Saying it on the site and carrying it out is another matter entirely. In 06(16) me and all my mates no bother, 17 as well, 18 and 19 also. We've never been questioned once and I'd say I don't look much older than 18 now.

Stop trying to scare the lad, if he has beer and/or spirits in his rucksack, somehow gets searched (what's that like 1 in every 100 if that? ), has a really grumpy security guard, and that security guard is actually bothered and confiscates it, he'll have to be the unluckiest guy at Leeds fest.

One of the things some of the security were trying to enforce was the "only enough alcohol for personal consumption" rule last year, where a (very select) few tried to take booze off people that seemed to have loads, then let them keep it when they argued that personal consumption over 5 days of being awake 18 hours a day can turn into a ridiculous amount.

You'll be fine.

In 06 they didn't have the rule as i've just said, they enforced it last year.

I'm not scaring him, i'm telling the truth. If he wants 30 quids worth of alcohol taken off of him then go ahead :P

From my own experiance it's happened on many occasions. My mate got 3 crates taken off him, and i got asked to leave my can of beer at the side.