Work The Next Week

Guest kloot

I've booked the Monday and Tuesday off work. There are some World Cup games over those days. Huzzah!!

I am so very fortunate that I can book my leave in advance and it has, bar one week, always been honoured (though, for some unfathomable reason, they are about to do away with this kind of flexibility, the idiots, I'm sure they are trying to piss people off so that they leave without waiting for redundancy).

I always book the week either side of the festival. A week to pack and start partying. A week to wind down.

Plus an extra week this year for the World Cup.

Phone in sick kloot. It won't be a lie. If you have done it right you should be genuinely exhausted. :P

Urgh. We've not only got to be back at work on the Tuesday, but we've also got to get over to Dover and get back over the Channel, with the other half driving all the way. We've got to decide if we'd be better off leaving after the last act, or doing as we've done the last few years and stopping en route for a break somewhere or leaving at about 4 and trying to head over then.

I'm back at my workstation 9am Monday.

So thats get trolleyed Friday, get trolleyed Saturday, spend Sunday on a mixture of healthy foodstuffs and juices, pack car, back to enjoy Stevie Wonder sober, and off site at 11.30pm.

You could of course leave enough psychoactive stimulants at home to last until the following friday and then collapse.

I'd never do a thing like that though. :P

Guest musiclove123

In my experience working the week after Glastonbury is awful, you feel like a zombie. It's best to get a few days off to recover but if you can't just grin and bear it-you know it won't be good. Try to speak to as little people as possible lol

last year I went to work on Tuesday and had no problems tiredness wise as I slept 15 hours and got nice strong coffee in the morning. I did sit at my desk thinking what the hell am I doing in this corporate wasteland when 48 hours previously I'd been having a carefree time of my life.

• 1 month later...