...Who?

Guest tommmy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think a lot of the ignorance is because of the whole announcement thing. People have been crying out for an updated line up to be confirmed, there has been about a weeks build up to todays announcement where people expected headliners to be announced and a handful of other bands. The whole 'who' is the backlash of the lack of expected big household names. Admittedly i probably wont spend a lot of time at the stage but i can appreciate why some people would.

My music tastes are pretty mainstream, and theres a lot there I havent heard of.

Ive been wanting to see rodrigo y gabriella for a while, I like the bees, they were cracking on the Jazz stage in 07, I know Toots and the Maytals, and theres a few others ive heard of, although I imagine the draw of some of the stages elsewhere may be too big for me, personally.

Although given how excited a lot of other people on here are about the lineup, it makes me happy that there are genuinely good acts booked that I might discover and grow to enjoy myself. :P

Not being willing to listen to others opionions when youre clearly ignorant on the artists in question is a big short sighted if you ask me. :P

that announcement today was funkin fantastic!

what a dick of a post by the OP who doesnt seem to know music that well at all, even if its not your thang! mother funkin george clinton? Dr john? toots and the maytals? theres some cracking names on that line up, youtubes your friend!

now, let me put my sunglasses on, Dig?

Looking forward greatly to seeing Dr John, I've missed him more times than I care admit to due to laziness when he's been touring, a mid-afternoon slot at one of the best stages is sounding good to me! Funkadelic should be pretty cool too.

Nobody has mentioned Tunng yet. Great new album, check some out.

Tunng - ...And Then We Saw Land

Nice crisp sound

Got to say there is not one person on that list who I will go watch. Not a fan of Reggae or World Music so I think I'll stay clear other than to call and stock up on Brothers

And just as I don't like world music does not mean I'm 12 and read the NME.

If anyone thinks that line up is just reggae and world music, they really should go and do some youtubing. Really.

I'm not a regular listener to the genres of bands there are on that bill, but lordy, they've got some of the biggest names of all time in each genre. I'll so be there just to learn new things.

Thing is, if that's the line up for this stage, who knows what quality they'll have for the other stages too. :P

Incidentally, George Clinton with Funkadelic/Parliament/P-Funk or whoever ends up turning up did this...

...and bet you all know this tune, which features Bootsy Collins, from, erm, P-Funk.

I can't say that I'm a big fan of most the genres represented but I do have a vague knowledge of some of the acts playing and have to say it's quite impressive.

I quite fancy checking out a bit more George Clinton.

Who the hell are they ???. I had only really heard of Toots and Dr John.Spent over a hour searching the rest out on spotify and You Tube,found a couple i like,not really my sort of music, interesting it may be but not for me. i may venture over if i have any time available,no doubt from the excitment its created it will be well attended.

Edited by denwyn