announcement tomorrow

Guest eFestivals

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive just been checking them out on Myspace - cant think of a better way of closing a night off just now.

Roots is a mentally good announcement too

eta

Just spent an hour listening to Caribou and reckon they could be my act of the festival. Am as excited about seeing them as I was about seeing WBA, and I was bloody excited about seeing them I can tell you.

this is an interesting point? would people really still want to pay to see the same summer sundae local bands play each year? in my eyes theres a really strong argument for not letting people play twice? its a great exposure slot, so you get one chance to make it work. if it doesnt work, it's someone's elses turn next time?
Edited by Ed Leaf

this is an interesting point? would people really still want to pay to see the same summer sundae local bands play each year? in my eyes theres a really strong argument for not letting people play twice? its a great exposure slot, so you get one chance to make it work. if it doesnt work, it's someone's elses turn next time?

I dont mind where a band comes from if they're any good. I thought The Displacements were ace the first time they played at lunchtime on the sunday, less so when they opened the mainstage a year later. El Pussycat should play every year and for at least 90 mins, I really enjoyed Falling Leaves when I saw them and Id love that local band with a mental lead singer who spends more time in the crowd than on stage to play again (cant remember who they were but they were bloody good and no mistake!)

ed : yeah i can see your point. it's a hard one i guess. there are some local bands who've totally utillised their slot and deserve a return (dirty backbeats, displacements etc). and there are others who get a slot, never really utilise it properly and it seems as though (in hindsight) others would have made more from it.

el pusseycat ska are pretty much a full time professional outfit, whilst we're mostly talking about bands with day jobs.

little night terrors got through on talent alone, they didnt get in because they used to be the displacements.

phil : i think you mean the dirty backbeats?