announcement tomorrow

Guest eFestivals

Hmm, still no announcement of Sat/Sun headliners then, or did I miss it?

I could be wrong, but I suspect the formula for dealing with the perceived bugetary problems of recent years is to charge the same ticket price but spend less on the acts. Personally, I find the line-up this year to be disappointing, and I'm unlikely to go for the whole 3 days, but that's to some extent a reflection of my tastes and the organizers will ultimately be judged on whether they sell enough tickets this year, and whether people who do go are sufficiently impressed to want to go back the next year. If they do, fair enough.

Looking forward to the day-by-day breakdown and hoping that there are some other decent bands on whichever day The Fall are playing.

Edited by little car

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, still no announcement of Sat/Sun headliners then, or did I miss it?

I could be wrong, but I suspect the formula for dealing with the perceived bugetary problems of recent years is to charge the same ticket price but spend less on the acts. Personally, I find the line-up this year to be disappointing, and I'm unlikely to go for the whole 3 days, but that's to some extent a reflection of my tastes and the organizers will ultimately be judged on whether they sell enough tickets this year, and whether people who do go are sufficiently impressed to want to go back the next year. If they do, fair enough.

Looking forward to the day-by-day breakdown and hoping that there are some other decent bands on whichever day The Fall are playing.

There was a hint in Rob's post that Mumford & Sons are Sunday's headliners or maybe it's the way I read it. I've already stated before that I think they're average and would liked to have seen a band with a bit more history and more songs people know headline rather than what could be a flash in the pan. However I am not debating they're not big enough to be in that slot and for all I know they could well end up being one of the performances of all time at SS. That's if they are headlining (or maybe I'll just watch futureheads!)

Whilst I do think SSW is lacking headliner or two, I guess I'll still be there because it's as much about the festival at the bands. That said it's no longer the highlight of my summer festivalling.

On the point of budgets people should remember that unlike most festivals they do allow food and drink into the event and consequently the on-site food/drink is also decent value. If SSW did make shed-loads of the bar then there'd be more cash for big name bands.

If I remember right Hop Farm's promoter Vince Power all but gave tickets away last year just so that they'd make money on the food, drink, parking, etc.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...