'Questions' board V 'Chat' board

Guest Savy

I beg to differ. The amount of negativity on the glasto chat boards surprised me considering the supposed ethos of the festival. This will be my first Glastonbury and got to say it's the festival I'm least looking forward to this year mainly because of what is said here :P

I beg to differ. The amount of negativity on the glasto chat boards surprised me considering the supposed ethos of the festival. This will be my first Glastonbury and got to say it's the festival I'm least looking forward to this year mainly because of what is said here :P

I find the boards quite welcoming, obviously there is a bit of banter about bands and sometimes it gets out of hand but I wouldn't let it put me off going. If anything these boards have me more excited with all the speculation and I find that most people are very helpfull when a newbie like myself asks a question, as long as your not a complete fool and fall for the "monorail" jokes. :P

I know the vast majority of efest folk are lovely. I count many of the efesters I've met over my years posting in other festival boards as great friends....I'm even getting married to one of them next year!

My response was in relation to the comment that the glasto boards are the friendliest on the forum and this is definately not the case.

I will have a great time at Glasto but that doesn't change the fact that reading the posts here go part way to make it my least anticipated festival of the year.

I know the vast majority of efest folk are lovely. I count many of the efesters I've met over my years posting in other festival boards as great friends....I'm even getting married to one of them next year!

My response was in relation to the comment that the glasto boards are the friendliest on the forum and this is definately not the case.

I will have a great time at Glasto but that doesn't change the fact that reading the posts here go part way to make it my least anticipated festival of the year.

I'm personally surprised to hear it being described as negative. In a chat room people have discussions about topics & obviously there will be disagreements, but that is not the same as negativity.

In fact I see it as a positive; the enthusiasm people talking heartfeltly about a subject that they hold dear - Glastonbury Festival.

The only reason we keep coming back here is because we *care* about the place.

Compared to a lot of other forums, this one is fairly tame. The very nature of a message board like this means that of course you'll get those who are highly opinionated and/or negative on here, but this is usually counterbalanced by the lovely folk that are on here.

That's my take on it anyway, feel free to ignore me. :P

I beg to differ. The amount of negativity on the glasto chat boards surprised me considering the supposed ethos of the festival. This will be my first Glastonbury and got to say it's the festival I'm least looking forward to this year mainly because of what is said here :lol:
Edited by MEGABOWL