2nd efestivals Glasto World Cup discussion thread

Guest hogga

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hogga and Chaz have decided, after two years of putting in lots of hard work to make it a success, that they don't wish to do it this year. I can understand that - and huge thanks to them for all of the efforts they made. :)

llcoolphil has said that he's willing to out something together for this year, but has suggested that it be the 'Glastonbury Olympics' rather than football.

Thanks for the kind comments (and the embarrassing picture!).

Me and Chaz have had a great time over the last couple of years doing this and to hear people say it is one of their Glastonbury highlights is amazing.

We have said that we may come back to it in the future but this year would be too much hard work and stress. We raised so much last year that it would seem a failure if we couldn't do the same again, and we both don't have the spare time to put in to do the fundraising this year. Also we both felt that Wednesday and Thursday of the festival were taken up by setting everything up and we are looking forward to getting those days back.

We did consider doing a lower key event that would be easier to organise but felt it would be better to just leave it this year.

I hope llcoolphil does get some sort of event organised and I'm sure there will be plenty of football related banter at the cider bus on the Wednesday night.

Thanks for the kind comments (and the embarrassing picture!).

Me and Chaz have had a great time over the last couple of years doing this and to hear people say it is one of their Glastonbury highlights is amazing.

We have said that we may come back to it in the future but this year would be too much hard work and stress. We raised so much last year that it would seem a failure if we couldn't do the same again, and we both don't have the spare time to put in to do the fundraising this year. Also we both felt that Wednesday and Thursday of the festival were taken up by setting everything up and we are looking forward to getting those days back.

We did consider doing a lower key event that would be easier to organise but felt it would be better to just leave it this year.

I hope llcoolphil does get some sort of event organised and I'm sure there will be plenty of football related banter at the cider bus on the Wednesday night.