Loopallu 2010

Guest tweemo freak

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a great Loopallu! Aberfeldy were fantastic but Kassidy were hideous! Judging by what people had said and the song i'd heard i was expecting to like them,but they sounded like some horrible 70's rock pastiche. Didn't spoil my festival though, cuz everything else was amazing, like when i was in the Caley Place on saturday and saw Romeo and Sean from The Magic Numbers! James Mackenzie And The Aquascene were good too. How was your Loopallu :) ?

Pretty much agree with everything McScotty says up there. Thought Kassidy were really good, Turin Brakes was probably my favourite of the whole weekend. To my surprise found The Bad Shepherds were really enjoyable (punk music in a folk stylee sounded just weird but it worked really well)

The weather was pretty hilarious, specially putting the tents up on the Thursday in a gale. Had a brilliant weekend, it's just quite nice at the end of the summer to have a more civilised festival where you get proper toilets, hard paths so not too much mud and you're able to pop out to the shops for anything you need and of course, most important, go to the pubs afterwards for more music (and drink).

I saw the Bad Shepherds twice. Once in the Ceilidh Place and also on the main stage. The pub gig shaded it but they were the best act of the weekend for me. Had to leave during Aberfeldy, I thought it was just nothing, twee girl music. Liked Kassidy. Loved the Aquascene. Loved Carly Connor. Turin Brakes were magic, especially the Chris Isaacs cover at the end. Mt Desolation seemed like a bunch of posh kids jamming. It was all a bit weak. Idlewild were really good. Magic Numbers left a bad taste in my mouth. They started off really well but the sound was distorted and crap at the end and it really annoyed me that the muppet in the Zoo York top on the sound desk seemed more interested in chain smoking that addressing the problem. Dunno what the problem with the food vans was above, you need to go to a few more festivals, the quality was great and there were no queues. You don't see that very often. I really rate the festival, I like the way it is part of the town and you can come and go as you want and the way the bands play in the pubs later. There is plenty of room for camping, it doesn't get muddy and it just has a great atmosphere. I'll be going again. Oh Paolo was sheeite, but that was what I expected. I just don't get his music at all. I thought that seeing him live might change my mind. It didn't.

Glad all those who went had a cracking time.

Devilman, unless the food improved dramatically since last year then I would say that the food comments are justified. I'm not saying its awful, but its not great either. Maybe the reason there were no queue's was because everybody did like I did last year and went into town?