Out of the blue...

Guest Tuffty747

Hey guys,

Just signed up, as this year is my first Reading festival, I'm pretty excited, so thought I'd get involved in the mayhem! :P

Basically, just wondering if anyone thinks there is still chance of an 'out of the blue' headliner announced on Monday evening?

So far, we all seem somewhat certain that the 3 headliners are:

Arcade Fire

Blink-182

Guns N' Roses

Blink seemed to have been dead certs since day 1, and no-one seems to be disputing that. Guns N' Roses seem to also be pretty certain now (YEEESSSSS!!!! :P ) However, Arcade Fire seems to be raising some doubts from people.

So, do people think it could be someone that no-one has mentioned at all?

From my understanding, could be wrong, but Aerosmith at Download was pretty random, as was Stevie Wonder at Glastonbury.

Thoughts anyone?

And Hi by the way :P

I know arcade fire will probably be the headliners, but if they wasnt, i would love it to be eminem, who has been mentioned, lol, i love all sorts of music but my first ever cd was the slim shady lp, and an artist i can listen to over and over without it getting boring is eminem, happy with blink, and others metioned, dont really like guns'n'roses, but id probably go see them, but if it was eminem, id be well glad

I know arcade fire will probably be the headliners, but if they wasnt, i would love it to be eminem, who has been mentioned, lol, i love all sorts of music but my first ever cd was the slim shady lp, and an artist i can listen to over and over without it getting boring is eminem, happy with blink, and others metioned, dont really like guns'n'roses, but id probably go see them, but if it was eminem, id be well glad

I can see what you mean about Eminem, I used to listen to him a lot, not so much any more, but still appreciate him as an artist, he's a brilliant songwriter.

I mean more a case of a Headliner that has barely or not even been mentioned? Obviously I'm sure Neal or someone would've heard about it, but just wondering if it is possible for a 3rd headliner to be a complete surprise? Like RHCP for example (I know that's not gonna happen, but just a thought)

Most people who have been here long enough know only be slightly skeptical of Neil, as he gets it right a huge majority of the time-especially with reading/leeds, the sites reputation is important.

Yes a different headliner is possible, but it's extremely unlikely that he hasn't heard of it this close to the announcement.

I get the impression this blur rumour has come from speculation and wishful thinking.

I can see what you mean about Eminem, I used to listen to him a lot, not so much any more, but still appreciate him as an artist, he's a brilliant songwriter.

I mean more a case of a Headliner that has barely or not even been mentioned? Obviously I'm sure Neal or someone would've heard about it, but just wondering if it is possible for a 3rd headliner to be a complete surprise? Like RHCP for example (I know that's not gonna happen, but just a thought)

Maybe so.

But after the Arcade Fire rumours on NME stage now... that would leave it to be Eminem headlining then. So Gorrliaz could sub headline then...

But where would The Libertines play?

Edited by gr4h4m