world cup

Guest neil_hill_1

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rrrrrright. i do love football, buy i also love glastonbury. why is that such a bad thing you?

the world cup is important to some people. why should people not be allowed to watch an important game? just because you have a personal view on football that is one of dislike this should not mean that the people that do enjoy it should miss out.

I think that this hits the spot very nicely, it isnt EASY for you to get what you want so other things should just change what they are to accomadate you, really does sum up the attitude on here for me.

This thread is about all world cup matches being shown, go to a football festival and watch the tele there, or at home, or in a pub, do without the television for five days.

Are you deliberatly miss reading things or just reading into posts whatever suits you? A football game, no issue, not interested, no issue, ALL world cup games, changing things too much in my opinion.

As I said, Can't you do without the tele for five days, all matches will be availible somewhere to see after and live updates will no doubt be availible on a personal radio.

Are you deliberatly miss reading things or just reading into posts whatever suits you? A football game, no issue, not interested, no issue, ALL world cup games, changing things too much in my opinion.

As I said, Can't you do without the tele for five days, all matches will be availible somewhere to see after and live updates will no doubt be availible on a personal radio.

I understand what you're saying, and I think it would be wrong for the England game to be shown on any of the stages on the Saturday/Sunday (should we progress) but I think maybe setting aside a small section of the site (up past the Park maybe?) for World Cup games with flags etc would be a lovely idea.

So long as it didn't interrupt any permanent feature of the festival (such as the schedule of bands etc) I can't see the problem, and think it would be a lovely idea.

You really do dont you, why?

I honestly cannot understand why you think that I can't have an honestly held opinion that is different to you without just being awkward, I think that your opinion is wrong but resp[ect your right to hold it and respect the fact that you are defending it, why not give me the same respect?

And ladies dancing on bars would be classed as performing arts, thousands of acts playing this year at glasto, televised football is a sport, different festival in my opinion. I wont like all of the acts playing but hey ho, dont expect to this is nothing like just saying that such and such a group shouldn't play because I dont like them.

I think this 'character' is on the wind up, personally.

If the footy is shown, I'm confident it'll be a nice, relaxed atmosphere inkeeping with the mood of the festival.

Agree with this bit - except for the England game on the Wednesday, I don't think anyone who wants to avoid it will notice if it's shown or not.

The site is so big, it's very easy to avoid anything you don't like. And no-one is going to like everything.

Ok mate, get you point and Ampersands but let me state mine;

I dont think that you will be able to avoid the football, I have no concerns or interest in what is being shown just because I dont want to see it, there will be loads of stuff there that I wont want to see, but I worry that it will affect the atmosphere which will not be avoidable, have you seen any more agressive threads that these footy ones?

I dont think he is on the wind up and I think that the more reasonable views on this site will not be in the majority, folks on here tend to be a bit more obsesed with Glasto than the average punter.

But I must admit that what also winds me up is the " We are football fans, we must get what we want" attitude, that and the idea that any one who disagrees is just being awkward.

I still like the idea of a big(ish) screen up near the flags showing every game, although one nearer the Real Ale tent would be even better!

Sorry Catford_Chris, but if Millwall stop dirty L**ds from going up then your unpopularity could take a huge, country-wide hit :P

Perhaps you ought to practice singing "everyone loves us" just in case...

Ok mate, get you point and Ampersands but let me state mine;

I dont think that you will be able to avoid the football, I have no concerns or interest in what is being shown just because I dont want to see it, there will be loads of stuff there that I wont want to see, but I worry that it will affect the atmosphere which will not be avoidable, have you seen any more agressive threads that these footy ones?

I'm not 100% convinced they will do this, and I'm not going to be utterly devastated if they don't.

I love football, and I love Glastonbury. If they choose not to show any football at all, I'll accept that and simply forget about it and get on with enjoying the festival. And if there's a must-see act on, I won't miss that for any football match.

Langdale, I'm just not so sure I'd be able to handle not seeing us potentially play Germany in the 2nd round :P ....can you imagine the chaos that would be caused if even just a few thousand try to get off site for the game? - Whilst the festival is in full swing I doubt it would have as much interest as before...so maybe stick it on in the cinema field/tent whatever it is now?

The last group stage I could jsut about live with (but thats being shown as we know)