world cup

Guest neil_hill_1

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and your point is?

if we win our group, which will more than likely be the case given our other opponents in our group, then we will be playing on saturday night at 7:30. now, i will gladly watch england in the world cup play a very important game over seeing a band that can be seen at some other point else where. I know seeing an artist at Glastonbury, in our eyes, is their pinnacle (well for a percentage anyway). but when will you see england in the position that they are in a few weeks/months later? the answer is you can not until possibly 4 years time. i love glastonbury, it is what i look forward to most each year ... but the word cup ... well there is not one every year is there. and taking 2 hours out of a whole 6 day music session is not really asking too much.

Sorry your right there lad, just most of them :P

Eh? :P I am but I am wondering how came to that conclusion? :P

Looks like either way I am going be missing that 2nd game at glasto :lol: Never seen Ray before so would have to be him and I wanna get up front for Muse, hopefully they will show it on the screeens in between acts :lol: I am sure Muse will want to know the score on saturday evening.

John Terry will get sent off in the semi-final for a gratuitous elbow, we will pluckily get to pens and lose and Terry will be met next season by chants of 'You let your country down.'

Then we will all go back to real i.e. club football and forget about the bunch of tosspots that is the England team for the next two years.

and your point is?

if we win our group, which will more than likely be the case given our other opponents in our group, then we will be playing on saturday night at 7:30. now, i will gladly watch england in the world cup play a very important game over seeing a band that can be seen at some other point else where. I know seeing an artist at Glastonbury, in our eyes, is their pinnacle (well for a percentage anyway). but when will you see england in the position that they are in a few weeks/months later? the answer is you can not until possibly 4 years time. i love glastonbury, it is what i look forward to most each year ... but the word cup ... well there is not one every year is there. and taking 2 hours out of a whole 6 day music session is not really asking too much.

rrrrrright. i do love football, buy i also love glastonbury. why is that such a bad thing you?

the world cup is important to some people. why should people not be allowed to watch an important game? just because you have a personal view on football that is one of dislike this should not mean that the people that do enjoy it should miss out.

The point is a very simple one, if you love football so much GO TO A f**kING FOOTBALL MATCH, how complex is that.

The aggression and arogance shown by football fans, the casual discussion of violence and territorialism is exactly why many of us dont want giant televisions showing football at a festival of contemporary performing arts.

Maybe the local police and council will have a look at this and other threads and realise that they need to have another look at what is allowed at a live festival.

Never too late.

i dnt. the acts are the most important thing at glastonbury. i would never expect/request this. a little screen or take over one of the cinema tents would be fine with me. or even just a 14inc'er on a burger van would do me nicely.

i am just against people saying no out right. why not try and please everyone.