Why Faithless?

Guest markqpr2000

One the weekend bill, apart from Fire and Sex on Fire. Name me a song thats going to get the crowd going absolutley bonkers before Insomnia, God is a DJ and We come one.

There a massive band, and this rumour has it is there goodbye last set of live performances.

Perfect co headliners if you ask me.

Typical V fan...

Sorry, but I was browsing the other boards on this site to see what else was going on at other festivals, and this hit me like a punch in the nose. Just because Faithless haven't had a string of number 1 singles in the past 6 days, they are suddenly not worth a fairly high up slot at V? Ridiculous. They were one of the biggest bands in the late 90s/early 00s and have had a massive influence on the music that we know today. Some of their work borders on genius, and the rest is far over the line towards almost absurdly genius, and you're saying that they're not worth a second placed slot at V Festival? F*ck me.

I'll be looking forward to seeing them at Glastonbury, enjoy watching Cheryl Cole and Mika eh?

Personally, I can't think of a much better end to my V than Faithless followed by The Prodigy (gutted I'll be missing Kasabian, but I've already seen them before).

I hadn't heard much of Faithless' music before they got announced for this year's V (cept for the more famous ones) but just watching some of the live vids, I'm already looking forward to it :P

I agree with the original poster, I’m unsure how they can justify that slot too.

Earlier this year, they were playing at one of the smaller academy venues, and were struggling to sell tickets.

They’re ‘good’ but they’re not amazing; personally after watching them play V so often, I’m not that bothered if I miss them.

Hopefully somebody better will be squeezed in above them.

Its because they are a really good live band. V should base positioning on live performance and not chart success alone. Thumbs up from me, they are always immense.

Lucky seeing the doves in the forest, so will probably see Faithless.

Edited by csd01sdr