"One of our headliners is bigger than Jay Z"

Guest DR OK

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have seen a few posts regarding what "Bigger" actually means. Because unless we know it is highest grossing then a band being bigger is very subjective.

I mean he has his own record label.

Produces a lot of albums.

Rapwise I only see Eminem and Dr Dre as possibly bigger.

I hope for god sake when they say bigger they dont just mean fatter, or we could be seeing a surprise performance from Fat Joe.

However in 2009 in the US, U2 outsold Jay Z, but I hope it isnt them.

Jay-z's black, so you'd they'd have to be pritty big... :P

no f**king clue but doubt its eminem, hes headling T and has stated hes playing no other uk festival.

now i'm not a f**king festival promoter, but if melvin bean is as smart as u were saying the band he has got must be big.

as we've lernt from sonisphere, who are terrible festival promoters, if u 'big up' a shit band it piss's people off.

i'm not putting my money on GnR, for the simple fact no one is gonna be impressed by them, as there not really GnR.

i recon it could be liberteens...

But its most likly Green Day, and their bigger than Jay-z (66 million album sales)

if its gonna be a 'god like' headliner it wnt be bowie :P he just dosent seem to like doing anything :P

heres praying for the who or Oasis

Why do people keep saying Oasis? They are no more! Although I would love it if Noel did a solo gig or Liam's new band played.

Actually thinking about it, maybe it is Noel, after he had a pop at Jay-Z the other year for playing Glasto and it was a deliberate poke from Melvin.

If it's a rap act maybe it's Vanilla Ice and Jedward......... But in all seriousness about Oasis if it is Oasis I'll be majorly pissed off and disappointed I've never been a fan but I did catch a bit of them at V last year and they were terrible I think Oasis, Liam, and Noel should just stay completely away from music

If it's a rap act maybe it's Vanilla Ice and Jedward......... But in all seriousness about Oasis if it is Oasis I'll be majorly pissed off and disappointed I've never been a fan but I did catch a bit of them at V last year and they were terrible I think Oasis, Liam, and Noel should just stay completely away from music

Could mean anything, any act from any genre to be honest. Or it could be bull. Or even mean that they are taller than Jay Z.

To be fair Efests did say that they didn't know who the third was and that they only speculated MCR.

Beastie Boys would be good, cant see it with one of them just getting over the cancer properly.

Mega

Paul McCartney (at IOW)

Led Zepplin

Rolling Stones

AC/DC (At download / very much doubt)

Pink Floyd

The who

David Bowie

Lesser

Foo's

Eminem

Muse