free entry for parachuters!

Guest 5co77ie

Glade Festival have confirmed that they will be allowing festival goers in for free to this year’s event if they parachute in, provided they are dressed as Elvis wearing a sound system strapped to their back and hit the ground dancing.

The parachute story is all over the blogosphere and was mentioned by Mark Radcliffe on BBC Radio 2 following a post Glade Festival Director Nick Ladd made on the Glade website and Twitter. Nick had agreed to a friend’s request to parachute in free of charge for charity if he agreed to some strict terms.

“A mate of mine who is into sky diving asked me, 'If me and some friends did a charity sky dive into Glade would we get in for free?'”

“I thought it was only fair that we threw this open to all comers and added in some stipulations. It’s worth mentioning that the 50ft high flame that comes out the top of the Arcadia Stage is probably worth avoiding!”

There will be a designated landing area for parachutists - details will be released soon.

:P

• 2 weeks later...

Does paragliding count? I have mates that live in Winchester that both own their own pack. Would launching myself off the high hill into the fest count? :P