T in the park

Guest BOGHOOS3

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I'd actually come on to use the glasto forum and saw the rather incongruous TITP thread there. :P

It seems odd to have a forum where you have to register to post but are unable to ban the bad seeds? Surely that's the point? Of course the admin has the right to expect a little self policing but if a mod was set up for that forum in particular then he/she/they could sweep up any "dangerous" posts.

Also it must be made clear what can and can't be posted. Saying "potentially libellous" is extremely vague, are we talking complaints against the festival itself? The acts? Other festival goers? Ticket sellers?

It's in no-one's interest that efestivals closes but it's equally pointless if the users can't discuss their choice of festival. While TITP isn't everyone's cup of tea plenty of people go each year by and large for the music and atmosphere (I take the experience with a pince of salt, and nothing else :P ).

sad day when it gets closed, im reading people saying bad seeds, whys that im posting in there everyday and everyones always ok ...so fair enough some people get a slagging so do i get the pish ripped out me all the time in here to me thats banter , imo it should stay open , :P ive read the glasto board and they are not nice to each other in there, i mean some people in there are horrible to each other,, to me the T board was fun....... :P i just joined the resistance lol pinthedark good name for it lol

p.s reading some of the coments on glasto board and there saying T got shut down for liable posts , there was no liable posts weres this all coming from i was in there for a good part of the day and it was usall posting !!!

Edited by indiebadger

I was a regular viewer of this forum for ages, but started posting last year and most of the t in the park forum was just people putting the festival down.

I check the forum from time to time and feel sad it's been shut down. Perhaps people aren't clear on what has happened in the past and what to avoid now.

There was chat on the rockness board last year about smuggling drugs into the festival and that board remains, I can only think it must have been something far more serious this time around. Anyone any idea's why it was closed?

Sad day for all T in the Park fans.

I was a regular viewer of this forum for ages, but started posting last year and most of the t in the park forum was just people putting the festival down.

I check the forum from time to time and feel sad it's been shut down. Perhaps people aren't clear on what has happened in the past and what to avoid now.

There was chat on the rockness board last year about smuggling drugs into the festival and that board remains, I can only think it must have been something far more serious this time around. Anyone any idea's why it was closed?

Sad day for all T in the Park fans.

i started a new forum

http://tinthepark.omgforum.net/

and i think everyone should join up if they arent going to re open the t in the park forum here

, i agree there was some silly talk and such on the forum but nothing to warrant a shut down, i think if there are arseholes on your forum you should ban them and there ips, i know there are ways of getting round this but hopefully the fact that you have done that will be a deterrent, not just to shut down the forum outright you have made alot of people angry

thanks very much for the few years i have spent stalking the forum here and the few weeks posting i have enjoyed them.

Though I dont agree entirely on the removal of the entire forum, I dont disagree with efestivals on the matter. The last I saw of it was he was getting jumped on by users after giving a full explantion over something, which if i remember correctly, he was right in what that situation was. If someone cant run their service which they pay out their pocket for without abuse, why should they provide it? Its a shame that it came down to that, but its happened before (official forums, im sure was closed for similar reasons, some users can clarify this) and it will probably happen again unfortunately.

I do, and if people can't behave themselves on a forum provided for them, then they don't deserve that forum to be there for them to use.

There was a post pinned on the forum explaning the actions of others a couple years ago and what nearly happened, which would have cost eFestivals a lot of money and probably would have resulted in this site being shut down.

If the same has happened again, then Neil has no option but to remove the facility so it doesn't happen again.

I don't know exactly what has happened, but Neil has to view this as serious to withdraw the forum then I support that decision as there is more to this site than just that forum. Which to be honest has the highest %age of arsehole posters on it across this site.

not to be cheeky but just got bacl from work so dont understand what went down, anyone know? surely couldnt have been as bad as last time when hundreds of threads got shut down?

cant really say anything as i dunno what happened, just a bit pissed as now i have 1 less way to procrastinate, but seriously, its a bit shit for people like me who use the forum constructivley, daily and also for entertainment....why do we have to be punished

im going to say something a bit cheeky here tho, but i genuinely believe if it happened on the glasto forums the reaction would have been different from the admin...just throwin that out there

Was the initial argument that has led to the T forum getting canned not about how all Scots are racist towards the English ? I Think the original poster stated he was smacked every time he was at T which was total bullshit tbh and therefore was giving a barrage of abuse what else was he expecting... a round of applause,ok some abuse was a bit near the knuckle(you kno who you are,even if a slight username change made the difference) but to close down a whole forum cos you took the nip is totally unprofessional on your part.

Oh and Paul could you get yer tongue out of "Neil"s arsehole.

does that mean there wont be an efests camp at T?

Though I dont agree entirely on the removal of the entire forum, I dont disagree with efestivals on the matter. The last I saw of it was he was getting jumped on by users after giving a full explantion over something, which if i remember correctly, he was right in what that situation was. If someone cant run their service which they pay out their pocket for without abuse, why should they provide it? Its a shame that it came down to that, but its happened before (official forums, im sure was closed for similar reasons, some users can clarify this) and it will probably happen again unfortunately.

Was the initial argument that has led to the T forum getting canned not about how all Scots are racist towards the English ? I Think the original poster stated he was smacked every time he was at T which was total bullshit tbh and therefore was giving a barrage of abuse what else was he expecting... a round of applause,ok some abuse was a bit near the knuckle(you kno who you are,even if a slight username change made the difference) but to close down a whole forum cos you took the nip is totally unprofessional on your part.

Edited by indiebadger

I commented on the general website issues page that i was glad it has been shut, the place was full of complete and utter cack, duplicate after duplicate threads and utter bollocks that bore absolutely no relation to t in the park.

Personally i would wait till the day splits become apparent and re-instate it with a dedicated thread on each stage and general advice thread only which would be a hell of a lot easier to moderate and put an end to crap about stuff you heard at school about Jay Z and total lack of respect for chat board etiquette.

I commented on the general website issues page that i was glad it has been shut, the place was full of complete and utter cack, duplicate after duplicate threads and utter bollocks that bore absolutely no relation to t in the park.

Personally i would wait till the day splits become apparent and re-instate it with a dedicated thread on each stage and general advice thread only which would be a hell of a lot easier to moderate and put an end to crap about stuff you heard at school about Jay Z and total lack of respect for chat board etiquette.

Holy Moley... followed the thread as it was posted on the Rockness forum, but what the hell went on? From what i have read some racist stuff was posted about the Scots and english, and some stuff about Jigga Man?

Never really noticed if the forums are censored... as with it being a free forum i would have thought it was free to say whatever you wanted... (obviously the administrators can ban people etc...)

Cant work out how a website like this has a duty of care against liable posts? Surely thats in its nature of being a forum....

Glad we are all friendly(ish) over at Rockness forum....

Edited by Piratebhoy