The Unthanks

Guest Pipkins

I don't usually do this, 'did you see who's playing' stuff - but...

just saw on this site that The Unthanks are TBC!

That should mean a lot of very happy efesters. If it means nothing to you then stop listening to Muse and U2 and get into DECENT music. No GSH now, but we at least have SW and now The Unthanks! Just Simon and Garfunkel needed to complete the set.

I don't usually do this, 'did you see who's playing' stuff - but...

just saw on this site that The Unthanks are TBC!

That should mean a lot of very happy efesters. If it means nothing to you then stop listening to Muse and U2 and get into DECENT music. No GSH now, but we at least have SW and now The Unthanks! Just Simon and Garfunkel needed to complete the set.

As much as I love them, I don't think this clip does them justice. Check out the whole of their album on Spotify, including the last song, Betsy Bell, which doesn't seem to appear on the physical release. Rachel has a great voice, but her younger sister's is even better, (the best voice in British folk?).

They also did a few songs on the BBC4 Christmas Folk programme (can't remember the name of the programme) which also featured the magnificent Bellowhead. Try and find it on Youtube etc. I'm sure it will be there somewhere.

Whilst on the subject of stunning female vocals, check out Natalie Merchant if you don't know her. The best folk voice in the World? Without a doubt, the most beautiful folk singer. Touring in May.

I had put up some links but am editing as Youtube says they've all been removed for violation - since yesterday!

Edited by Pipkins