first acts announced

Guest 5co77ie

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not enough there for me to even consider this festival for the 1st time :P

Probably consider Endorset, Big Chill or Green Man for a new festival for August or stick to an old fav like Belladrum or Beautiful Days.

Well I'm happy that we have Tinchy on the bill. Adds to the diversity that Summer Sundae has. Agreed that he's not the best Grime/Uk Hip Hop Mc out there (Stand up Roots Manuva, Klashnikoff, Skinny Man, Sway etc) but it doesn't mean he doesn't have a place.

I'm hoping we may get Plan B yet and of course an AV treat in the shape of yoda.

It does raise the question though are SS missing Rich H?

Also just noticed that Seasick Steve has been announced for baordmasters the week before fingers crossed for him to.

Edited by Leprekorn

And that matters why? I've been reading them for ages but never got around to registering. Jesus chill out on the League of Gentlemanism! :P

I've been writing reviews for newspapers and music websites for years so if you're anything like your post suggests, this shouldn't upset your obvious need for everyone who comments on here to have a justification.

I still stand by the fact it's not that bad. There are some great small bands on that list and I have had Erland and the Carnival on my list ever since I listened to the album in January.

The Sunshine Underground might be indie pop but they're no worse than The Mystery Jets last year, The Whip are an awesome live act too and The Fall fill the bracket of the Saturday mid evening band.

I can't wait for the weekend! :P

And that matters why? I've been reading them for ages but never got around to registering. Jesus chill out on the League of Gentlemanism! :P

I've been writing reviews for newspapers and music websites for years so if you're anything like your post suggests, this shouldn't upset your obvious need for everyone who comments on here to have a justification.

I still stand by the fact it's not that bad. There are some great small bands on that list and I have had Erland and the Carnival on my list ever since I listened to the album in January.

The Sunshine Underground might be indie pop but they're no worse than The Mystery Jets last year, The Whip are an awesome live act too and The Fall fill the bracket of the Saturday mid evening band.

I can't wait for the weekend! :P

Just looked at the announcemnst for last year and think that SS have dropped the ball.

1st annnouncement (23rd Feb)

THE STREETS

THE ZUTONS

BON IVER

THE CHARLATANS

2nd announcement ( Mid March)

St Etienne

Noisettes

Micachu & the Shapes

Imelda May

Dan Black

Teitur

Qemists

Oi Va Voi

Karima Francis

James Yuill

Jim Jones Revue

So in essence first time round last year we got the three headliners.

I'm feeling a little worried now that the headliners may not even be in place yet.

Edited by Leprekorn

Fair enough all... I'm sure that Ruth is genuinely excited by the announcement. And welcome to this space Ruth. It's largely a friendly place and I'm sure many will welcome you to the e festivals meet at Kaybee's bench or wherever such event will be located this year. My apologies for being so suspicious of your first post!!!

It works both ways though. I'm also suspicious when somebody comes on these boards and has a pop at festivals when they've never posted before...

It's a weaker announcement than in previous years - but I'll echo what Andy says - it'll turn out OK in the end. I'm sure that Rob Challice has some important cards up his sleeve.

Sean