ey.. wheres all the TWIGS gone?

Guest gratedenini

Oway man--- where yer all at (well the 6 of us anyway)?

Monsiuer Bleu and his annoying countdown.... and that inseperable pair of Cider Drinkers (overweight with hats i recall).

Masher Marrooned is still about with his anarchic shite,getting me into trouble... and wheres the LURKERS.

Lurkers... oooh.... it reminds me of the lads who used to sneak into the bogs when i was serving me time.. carrying in HONG KONG BIBLES and re-emerging 10mins later, red-faced and whitened overalls.... ee us toolmakers had it good in the 70s (not).

So--oway man.... its only blah blah days to go and 2 months mortgage to miss to pay for the tickets.... lets get some TWIG CRACK going...

den, not holding out much hope...

At least spell me name right, ya Northern git!

And me 'anarchic' - pot, kettle, very black

------------------------------------------

Marooned, choosing NOT to go to Wychwood Festival because of the unforeseen mathematical madness of the extortionate CamperVan charge combined with the additional camping charge for adults occupying the aforementioned CamperVan. £80 for 2 Adults - FREE at 5 day Larmer Tree - £75 for 5 dayGlastonbury - 'evil' Guilfest £60 - EndorseIt £20odd..................................

At least spell me name right, ya Northern git!

And me 'anarchic' - pot, kettle, very black

------------------------------------------

Marooned, choosing NOT to go to Wychwood Festival because of the unforeseen mathematical madness of the extortionate CamperVan charge combined with the additional camping charge for adults occupying the aforementioned CamperVan. £80 for 2 Adults - FREE at 5 day Larmer Tree - £75 for 5 dayGlastonbury - 'evil' Guilfest £60 - EndorseIt £20odd..................................

You could BUY a Campervan for 80quid oop north - but who'd want a Campervan with 8ft. of snow bucklin' the windows and doors?

Edited by gratedenini

• 2 months later...

Marooned WILL be there after all - in day-glo vest, refusing entry to anyone who doesn't 'play the game'.

So, all my Campervan Embargo was for nowt - arise Sir Steward of Wychwood ( free ticket, 3 meals a day - can't be bad! ) - don't think The Grate Pretender is gonna be there though.

Shame - perhaps we should all ask him politely.........

Marooned WILL be there after all - in day-glo vest, refusing entry to anyone who doesn't 'play the game'.

So, all my Campervan Embargo was for nowt - arise Sir Steward of Wychwood ( free ticket, 3 meals a day - can't be bad! ) - don't think The Grate Pretender is gonna be there though.

Shame - perhaps we should all ask him politely.........

Isn't Wychwood on Maxie's hit list - if so, HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO

does anyone know how to get hold of the Breakdown Mechanic with the Dayglo Mohican.

If so, I'm sure he'd lift you.......

I'd pick you up but you'd have to travel South to get a lift - sorta defeats the purpose ye understand, christ, I'm turnin' intae Rab C Nesbit.............

AND, nowhere on the Volunteer's Application does it ask if you actually LIKE people, so, I'm assuming it is not a requirement. I charmed them with my natural wit and good humour - but, I kept quiet about the 'doo-ings' at the last hurdle - just couldn't find the Elsan Point at my first Wychwood!

Edited by marooned

Isn't Wychwood on Maxie's hit list - if so, HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO

does anyone know how to get hold of the Breakdown Mechanic with the Dayglo Mohican.

If so, I'm sure he'd lift you.......

I'd pick you up but you'd have to travel South to get a lift - sorta defeats the purpose ye understand, christ, I'm turnin' intae Rab C Nesbit.............

AND, nowhere on the Volunteer's Application does it ask if you actually LIKE people, so, I'm assuming it is not a requirement. I charmed them with my natural wit and good humour - but, I kept quiet about the 'doo-ings' at the last hurdle - just couldn't find the Elsan Point at my first Wychwood!

Monsiuer Bleu and his annoying countdown.... and that inseperable pair of Cider Drinkers (overweight with hats i recall).

Masher Marrooned is still about with his anarchic shite,getting me into trouble... and wheres the LURKERS.

Lurkers... oooh.... it reminds me of the lads who used to sneak into the bogs when i was serving me time.. carrying in HONG KONG BIBLES and re-emerging 10mins later, red-faced and whitened overalls.... ee us toolmakers had it good in the 70s (not).

So--oway man.... its only blah blah days to go and 2 months mortgage to miss to pay for the tickets.... lets get some TWIG CRACK going...

(quote)...........you will save a fortune in fuel with the meet the Fokker van

-----------------------------------------------------------------

WHY OH WHY did you have to mention that ????

I think it DIED last Summer, somewhere between Wiltshire and 'oop North'.

Hankies all round............tandem bicycle (or LESS) now!

No--it was the caravan that died (twice) on the way home from Larmer===Meet The Fockers actually didnt make it through the previous winter!

Seen Willowman-- yes looks ok but clashes with Linton festival (much better line up but 30miles down the road is a lot closer that HEREFORD!!).

Decisoins to make.

den

• 2 weeks later...
A caravan - you know they make sense !? Join the club - not literally - Hereford ? - Willowman is on a farm just outside Northallerton, Nooooooorf Yorkshie - not as far as dalby forest.

Got to get used to doing this forum again.

Don't worry Den, your favourite cockney will be there with his crew.

Anyone on this years line up you looking forward to?

tbh... I`ve just had a good look at the line up and i got to say, it looks (from my taste) that its the weakest line up yet.

Seth Lakeman and Dreadzone do nowt for me BUT--- and i say this every month... it doesn`t really matter about the bands..i`m sure there will be some suprises in there,cos i haven`t heard of 90% of em!

What about this 12 yr old guitarist who`s on eh? I somehow can`t get into kids as young as that..doesnt matter how good they are. I massively appreciate em as players--wow to be able to play as good as that at 12, but they are very rarely entertainers.

Course ,our friends The Travelling Band are on--but have now started getting BIGGER and are on a proper stage.

Excuse me, but are you the David who always has a huge tribe and we first met a few years ago when you were sat a little way in front of us, and we shared some food and drink etc?

I cant picture you though. Do you do something to do with social work or summat?

den

Yeah I think that's me.

I sent you a picture of us talking. You were wearing a paper bag on your head. Yeah, we shared some food and you slagged off me veggie sausage.

Looking forward to doing it again.

Davi