'Sunset Slot'

Guest alfoir

So now that U2 / Muse / Stevie is pretty much a dead cert, any thoughts / predictions for those in the sunset slot on the Pyramid? Weirdly it's probably my favourite slot of the day!

Wouldn't mind seeing Arcade Fire up there, would love it if they were before Wonder! Them Crooked Vultures would fit well before Muse but can see them playing the Other Stage if they're on the line up.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So now that U2 / Muse / Stevie is pretty much a dead cert, any thoughts / predictions for those in the sunset slot on the Pyramid? Weirdly it's probably my favourite slot of the day!

Wouldn't mind seeing Arcade Fire up there, would love it if they were before Wonder! Them Crooked Vultures would fit well before Muse but can see them playing the Other Stage if they're on the line up.

Edited by 1mills

I'd go for Faithless before U2, Stereophonics before Muse (guilty pleasure and, tbh, I won't mind if I miss them, which is exactly how I feel about Muse) and Jamiroquai before Stevie (surely the most obvious booking ever!!) would be about perfect. Or maybe Smokey Robinson and his Motown tribute thing from last year's electric proms.

I accept that they won't appear, but Arcade Fire would be perfect.

As would Elbow, Doves or maybe Roger Waters or David Gilmour?

Again, I know none of the above are likely. :P

An act I'd love to see again are The John Butler Trio, but I don't think they'd get such a prestigious slot, certainly not on the main stages, but such beautiful music would sound great as the sun went down.

I accept that they won't appear, but Arcade Fire would be perfect.

As would Elbow, Doves or maybe Roger Waters or David Gilmour?

Again, I know none of the above are likely. :P

An act I'd love to see again are The John Butler Trio, but I don't think they'd get such a prestigious slot, certainly not on the main stages, but such beautiful music would sound great as the sun went down.

Yes, please.

I'm really hoping that they'll manage to get some music geniuses/Gods along. Lou Reed is a good example, Gil Scott-Heron is another....surely we can get these guy for the 40th birthday.

I'd go for Faithless before U2, Stereophonics before Muse (guilty pleasure and, tbh, I won't mind if I miss them, which is exactly how I feel about Muse) and Jamiroquai before Stevie (surely the most obvious booking ever!!) would be about perfect. Or maybe Smokey Robinson and his Motown tribute thing from last year's electric proms.

never claimed to be any thing else.

man, they were great brother, you'd have :P it :P

Edited by Langdale Wolf