Announcement when?

Guest mpop

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

You could pretty much name V's line up now - unimaginative, middle of the road, same old, same old... A press realese only really confirms that you don't want to go anyway.

As for SSW, I like the fact that you never really have any clue who they might get to headline (will it be someone on their way up, or on their way down??) and the real joy for me is seeing the line-up and then getting on Spotify to listen to the people I've never heard of :P

One of my friends suggested going to Secret Garden Party or End of the Road ths year, but to be honest, I just want to go to Summer Sundae!!

Edited by Tomisme

I saw Delphic support Orbital last year, they were very good live, not so good on record.

I go to V every year cus its a close major fest, Ive been to SSW a couple of times, and I loved it, but I have dropped it the past couple of years due to bland headliners and TITP being so strong in 2008 [couldn't resist Verve, REM & RATM headlining] and Download last and this year.

How you can slag off V andy and SSW got Zutons and Streets as headliners who are very average I dunno, I like Zutons but they're nothing special, and The Streets are awful, I watched them at V last year even though they pulled out of SSW, and god they were so bad.

!!! were the best act Ive seen at SSW, they were amazing, loved Gomez when they headlined too.

Anyway, it doesn't matter except the point for me is yes for me SSW and V are in competition for me for my money, the date and money required means that I could only do one out of the two, and I think SSW have left it too long to announce, cus Ive already made plans for V now regardless of line up

i did'nt slag off v festival. i just pointed out v and ssw are two very different events.

yes ssw headliners may have also appeared at v. but they are very very different events, with different leanings. and at ssw you're watching those same acts in a 6,000 capacity venue, rather than a 60,000 capacity venue.

you'd certainly never find john cooper clarke at v festival. likewise, if you're looking for really big names(oasis, killers, kol etc), ssw is'nt the place for you. you'll never find big name headliners at ssw because they cost such a fantastic amount of money. (and one of the reasons they cost so much is because v are willing to pay much much higher levels of money then any other uk festival). but you'll see the bands playing v 3 years earlier at ssw.

like i said, people may well love v. me personally, im not mad keen on paying £4 a pint, £8 a burger, and standing next to people who go to be seen rather than see. and i dont like gigs with massive crowds. ssw is as big as it gets festival wise for me. the best festival i went to last year was indietracks, and that had 1,500 punters, and teenage fanclub were the most high profile band on the bill.

(clearly musical opinions are individual, and these are just mine) delphic on record just sound as if they like new order's republic album very very much. and whilst i'm certainly no zutons fan. i personally wouldnt describe the streets as awful. a grand dont come for free was one of the best lps of the last decade for me. their cancellation was a notable disappointment for me, but then i famously like ned's atomic dustbin (google them), so my opinion is no set judgement of taste.

Edited by andyblack

Ha love you wrote google Ned's Atomic Dustbin, im 28 andy, im well aware of who they are.

And having been to both SSW and V in 2006 and 2007 the same week, there was no difference in price between the two for beverages or any food. Thats fact. Also yeah you may get some people at V to be seen, but generally I don't get that vibe.

Anyway, I dion't really want this to be a big bettle between the two fests, I just wanted to say that like me, im sure there are people who have to make the choice between the two.