Flags

Guest cejx

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, ME is anyway...

There are also discussions to ban large flags at the event in an area in front of the stage. Eavis said he was keen to clear a line of sight for the audience but his daughter, Emily, who also runs the event, wanted the flags to stay.
Edited by scaryclaireyfairy

Now see there in lies the problem with Glastonbury, as there is no arena they would have to do these searches at the entrance gates. I don't know about anyone else but I am always bursting to get into the festival and would find it a bit of a pain to wait until everyone was searched for flags etc. I know they to spot searches at the moment but this wouldn't capture everyone that took a flag?

Yay!! Flags are staying!! Really don't get why people whine about them - most of them are too high up to actually get in my way.

The general glastonbury goer justs needs to think a little about where they are & why they are there. If you want to get on TV queue up for bloody X factor. If you want to party/chill get on with it! a 4m^2 flag will probably not enhance your experience but you will see it on tele.

The idea of stopping them from going in the crush barrier area will mean there will be a wall of flags at along the line of the barrier.

Banning them is not the way forward. The freedom feeling of the festival is getting eroded a little more each year as it is so every thing should be allowed. Lots of dickhead stewards, police on site, no this no that, its time to leave (7.30 mon Mornign). it looks like from last year that nudity is a thing of the past. The heavy handed stewards would have another thing to get narky about.

Encourage the traders from selling them & eventually the problem will even out hopefully.

Next will be ban the lanterns when hundreds of oh look at me ive bought 3 for a fiver from so & so stall & im setting it off in teh midle of the tents with the wind blowing & im well pissed init.

Flag taking and waving history for me and not ashamed to admit:

nowt in the 90s...oh wait, there may have been one made for the Prodigy in 97 but as that gig was cack I didnt bother using it.

2002 - one large fluoro yellow flag with Orbital face logo on...one of the very few flags in field during the gig I am aware of, in shot in the videos...and I didnt even hold it, the guy next to me offered for the whole show! Felt guilty about it blocking views sometimes and it did come down when folks nearby politely asked. But it still makes me a wee bit proud to see it whenever I watch the One Perfect Sunrise video.

2003 - the creation of the infamous large fluorescent yellow Efestivals flag, complete with sparkly silver pyramid, sequins and dancing men. Not used in a crowd, just at the meet at the Jazz Stage. The 'There is no Spoon' flag made a shortlived appearance too and helped kickstart that awesome meet by making all the (sort of) strangers all meeting in the field come together once Neil arrived.

2004 - the fluoro yellow Efest flag makes a re-appearance definitely blocking views during Macca but wasnt up for long.

During the ENO also had a cardboard cutout of the Pimms guy with an extra sign on that said '60,000 of you, The ENO and me? I make that Pimms o'Clock'. Went down very well as we went through the crowd selling cups of Pimms...but wasnt shown on telly.

I just take ye olde homemade Efest flag to the fest now...and only use it for the cider bus meets.

The flags and chairs these days are ridiculous but unless there are screen announcements to put chairs and flags away during performances and flag poles are not sold on site, stopping the overabundance is going to be hard.