Wizard 2010

Guest BenWizard

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or does anyone else reckon that Happy Mondays are pretty likely to cancel?

Here's my thoughts:

Shaun Ryder has been announced today as playing V Festival this coming weekend - not Happy Mondays - and on efestivals, he's playing only one other gig in Leamington Spa on Thursday 26th.

Happy Mondays website an myspace site has no dates noted at all.

Bez has been done for assaulting his ex girlfriend and is about to be sentenced on 25th August.

Either Shaun Ryder turns up himself or we have Alabama 3 as headiners - not a bad substitute given Mondays could have been shambolic anyway!! :blink:

(and I'm just happy to see James on Friday!!)

Brewdog = sore head! Although i am a fan of the odd punk IPA. BRewdog are opening a pub in aberdeen.

I hope everyone has a fab time at wizard, i had wizard envy til all the rain this week but i know if i was going i would have a fab time despite the rain. As far as local bands go i cant recommend aka ska and right hand left enough!

Brewdog = sore head! Although i am a fan of the odd punk IPA. BRewdog are opening a pub in aberdeen.

I hope everyone has a fab time at wizard, i had wizard envy til all the rain this week but i know if i was going i would have a fab time despite the rain. As far as local bands go i cant recommend aka ska and right hand left enough!

That was my first time at Wizard and what a great little festival it is. I don't have a bad word to say about it.

Excellent atmosphere, very friendly, spotless toilets. The main stage is in a great little natural amphitheatre.

Musically, I thought Happy Mondays disappointed with a fairly short headline set which took a while to get going (despite opening with Kinky Afro). Alabama 3 were superb - definitely one the best performances ever from them, as were James and the Peatbog Faeries.

If ever there was an understatement!! Still a bit shell shocked from the carnage that was the campsite this morning- yea gods, won't forget this festival in a hurry

That was my first time at Wizard and what a great little festival it is. I don't have a bad word to say about it.

Excellent atmosphere, very friendly, spotless toilets. The main stage is in a great little natural amphitheatre.

Musically, I thought Happy Mondays disappointed with a fairly short headline set which took a while to get going (despite opening with Kinky Afro). Alabama 3 were superb - definitely one the best performances ever from them, as were James and the Peatbog Faeries.

It was a real mess this morning, I've never been in a campsite when the wind has been so strong, what a mess the place was in. Tents everywhere! Somebody camped next to me described it as Armageddon!

• 1 month later...

It was a real mess this morning, I've never been in a campsite when the wind has been so strong, what a mess the place was in. Tents everywhere! Somebody camped next to me described it as Armageddon!