Yellow Camp, Can and cannot?

Guest danlen

All, I will be getting tickets for the yellow campsite this year and at 30yrs old this will be my first full festival.

I read a post that you can not take BBQ's into this campsite :P

Do people get these in? (disposable ones) are you able to take mini stoves?

Generally, what does everyone get up too when it all stops? more beer?

Cheers

CAN I TAKE A BBQ? You can take the small portable BBQ trays into red campsite at Hylands Park but not yellow campsite. Yellow campsite is owned and operated by and independent campsite organiser who's rules vary from our own. You can take small portable BBQ trays into the campsites at Weston Park.

CAN I BRING A CAMPING STOVE TO V? Yes but only the small gas camping stoves, strictly no petrol fueled cookers. We strongly advise you to just bring the small portable BBQ's though. This is applicable to Weston Park campsites and both red and yellow campsites at Hylands Park

Taken from the FAQ section on the V Festival website.

Edited by AFC

Cheers, but CAN I TAKE A BBQ? You can take the small portable BBQ trays into red campsite at Hylands Park but not yellow campsite.

We strongly advise you to just bring the small portable BBQ's though. This is applicable to Weston Park campsites and both red and yellow campsites at Hylands Park

one states you can not take BBQ in yellow camp chelmsford, the 2nd states you can?!?!?!

Last year I had a print out of the do's & dont's list as we had problems getting in BBQ's the year before. It clearly stated that disposable BBQ's & Camping stoves are allowed into both campsites. We stocked up on food, BBQ's and made out way to the campsite to be told that BBQ's are only allowed in red. Showed the bloke (absolute twat by the way) the list I'd printed and he just said, "Tough, I've been told to confiscate any BBQ's" and took them!

So basically, red you can have them, Yellow you can't. And the staff don't have a clue what they're supposed to be doing by the sounds of it.

Oh, but we did buy a little camping stove and pan inside the campsite which was allowed.. not quite the same as a BBQ tho!

Edited by mcalli2008