which tent ?

Guest nomi-rizz

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as it's not "single skin", the usual suspects from Blacks, Yeoman for <£50 are pretty good. Eurohike etc. My Eurohike did me for 10 years.

As much as it can rain, you don't need a super duper tent for a festival - some tents are made to keep you snug on a snowy Scotland mountainside. Just don't camp in a gulley/dip that's obviously going to turn into a river/lake. And pitch it properly. A great tent will still leak if you pitch it wrong.

A "two man" tent will be very cosy for two people. I'd generally advise getting a 2 man tent for one person, a 3 man tent for 2 people, and so forth.

Having said that, I'm thinking of investing in a teeny tiny one man tent: less weight to carry on the train, and I could pitch it in a tiny space.

I am thinking I will go with this Coleman 3 person Hooligan tent $74 on amazon. Looks weather resistant.

2000001590_500c.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-2000001590-H...7417&sr=1-1

Another choice is the 4 person Hooligan. $110

2000001591_500c.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-2000001591-H...t/dp/B001TS8OEG

Not sure if I want to spend over $100 though. It will be for 2 people.

Edited by rideincircles

You'll be glad of the extra space. Both of those tents you've pictured have a porch so when it rains you'll have somewhere to leave your muddy boots & your wet jacket without having to have it in your bedding area when you get back to your tent. Being dry when you sleep will be worth the extra $/£!

Edited by WildChildRockChick

this is what i had for 2009 - was really good, lasted through the thunderstorms of thursday & friday & stayed completely dry & i didn't bother trying down the long guy ropes

ive got this one for 2010 as i wanted something with a bit more head room so i can at least sit in the porch on a chair if the weather goes a bit tits up ( which it won't obviously )

this is what i had for 2009 - was really good, lasted through the thunderstorms of thursday & friday & stayed completely dry & i didn't bother trying down the long guy ropes

ive got this one for 2010 as i wanted something with a bit more head room so i can at least sit in the porch on a chair if the weather goes a bit tits up ( which it won't obviously )