BlackHole2006

Things that ur happy about

On 12 October 2019 at 11:22 PM, MrZigster said:

... local gig wise, it's looking to be a great month. At least three more acts I'm looking forward to and can make...

And tonights turn really did not disappoint.

Keith Kenny (From The U.S.A.). Never heard a surname in brackets before, but that's how he introduced himself :).

Just a phenomenal act.

If you can make it to see him in Southampton, Folkestone or Deal over the next three nights then do so.

Think Ed Sheeran schtick. Same type of equipment set up, one man band type thing, but with way more passion and talent.

And for free in a pub ffs! Well. I say free. Twenty quid in for the five large vodka and cokes in two and a bit hours.

Trust me on this. Only about twenty people there. But half of them were from well established local bands who were there on word of mouth and were welling up at the stuff he was pulling off.

My daughter is studying music at uni and has an essay to do related to the psychology of songwriting. She rang me for a chat on where to start and it has opened new doors for me. It has really set a spark for me and I have found myself reading around music psychology and therapy. I really is nice to feel useful. 

14 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

My daughter is studying music at uni and has an essay to do related to the psychology of songwriting. She rang me for a chat on where to start and it has opened new doors for me. It has really set a spark for me and I have found myself reading around music psychology and therapy. I really is nice to feel useful. 

That sounds really interesting.

On 11/11/2019 at 5:36 PM, feral chile said:

That sounds really interesting.

It really is. I was reading a paper on the benefits of attendance at music festivals for teenagers. I am amazed at the whole area of music psychology. Where has it been all my life. 

1 minute ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

It really is. I was reading a paper on the benefits of attendance at music festivals for teenagers. I am amazed at the whole area of music psychology. Where has it been all my life. 

Have you got any reading materials you can share with us? Sounds intriguing

1 hour ago, santowhir said:

Have you got any reading materials you can share with us? Sounds intriguing

https://www.google.com/search?q=imlact+music+festivak+young+people&oq=imlact+music+festivak+young+people+&aqs=chrome..69i57.49535j1j7&client=ms-android-sonymobile&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

You should be able to download the odf through that link

Having badly a slipped a(nother) disc 9 weeks ago, this week the pain is just beginning to subside. Therefore I may not get a spinal injection next week. 

• Like 1

My husband tonight commented that I cough like a donkey, and has started calling me hee-haw.

That has set me up for circular bouts of giggling that triggers coughing, which triggers giggling:

Hee hee hawwww!  Hee hee hawwww!

I think the lack of oxygen must be making me lightheaded. 

Edited by feral chile
  • Upvote 1

On 11/22/2019 at 7:57 PM, ian the worm said:

Having badly a slipped a(nother) disc 9 weeks ago, this week the pain is just beginning to subside. Therefore I may not get a spinal injection next week. 

Update.... last week I did have the back injection. Was a pretty shitty process but this week my pain has subsided so much I’ve managed to come off (most of) the codine. 

3 hours ago, feral chile said:

My husband tonight commented that I cough like a donkey, and has started calling me hee-haw.

That has set me up for circular bouts of giggling that triggers coughing, which triggers giggling:

Hee hee hawwww!  Hee hee hawwww!

I think the lack of oxygen must be making me lightheaded. 

Your husband - hee hawww, hee hawww, he haaawlways  says that you cough like a donkey!

I'll get me coat. And the crib!

13 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Your husband - hee hawww, hee hawww, he haaawlways  says that you cough like a donkey!

I'll get me coat. And the crib!

Ha!

Can you still get high from cough medicine? I met someone once who kept od'ing on it.

This cold is definitely bringing out the weird in me.

Edited by feral chile

16 hours ago, ian the worm said:

Update.... last week I did have the back injection. Was a pretty shitty process but this week my pain has subsided so much I’ve managed to come off (most of) the codine. 

Excellent news, hopefully the pain will soon sod off altogether and let you have fun xx

1 hour ago, feral chile said:

Can you still get high from cough medicine? I met someone once who kept od'ing on it.

I'm not sure whether there are still over the counter cough medicines that will do that or not. Back in my late teens I used to abuse Do-Do Chesteze. Well, I did until I took too many one evening and thought I was genuinely going to die because my heart rate had accelerated so much that I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I can still recall it now, and how frightening it was. That was the last time I touched them. Very odd tasting too, I seem to remember.