BlackHole2006

Things that ur happy about

I've had a great week off. Which I thought was over yesterday, but it turns out I miscalculated and I don't actually go back until tomorrow.

Now that's a right result. Whatever the result.

I'm on a right nineties nostalgia binge at the moment. Euro '96. World Cup '90. MTV Unplugged.

Passing my PADI Scuba Diver Certification 😁 and seeing a massive giant manta ray yesterday on my first dive 

7 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Passing my PADI Scuba Diver Certification 😁 and seeing a massive giant manta ray yesterday on my first dive 

Hello Paul,

I remember passing my initial PADI certificate. It's your licence to another world, one that drugs couldn't make up, your ability to 'fly' etc. Congratulations on passing. To me passing that, and further exams, is far more important than any O or A Level.

Carry on living the dream.

All the best to you both.

Yog.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

I blinked and missed it

was enough to create a puddle or two round here, but it wasn't much.

just bought a mini PC. It's about the same size as a three-CD album, tiny. It's only a cheapie, that came with windows 10, and I've just installed Linux Mint on it too which I'm using now.

I'm very impressed with it so far.

Finding a certain 'something' just at the right time. Then realizing that you also had recently found a certain 'something else', which you'd held back from being made less so. Then comes the hay maker - realizing that if you combine the two, along with alcohol and fags, then the result is (currently) happiness. 

11 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Finding a certain 'something' just at the right time. Then realizing that you also had recently found a certain 'something else', which you'd held back from being made less so. Then comes the hay maker - realizing that if you combine the two, along with alcohol and fags, then the result is (currently) happiness. 

Is the 'something' Countdown, and the 'something else' a six bag multipack of different flavoured Hula Hoops?

If so then I too recently experienced the very same happiness - good on ya

:-)

2 hours ago, justanotheronethen said:

Is the 'something' Countdown, and the 'something else' a six bag multipack of different flavoured Hula Hoops?

If so then I too recently experienced the very same happiness - good on ya

🙂

You've hit the nail right on the head there. Countdown, different flavoured Hula Hoops, alcohol, and ciggies - what's not to like about that combo? I actually had some plain Hula Hoops a couple of days ago. I must say that they were, dare I say it, a little bit disappointing. I guess I wasn't in the right frame of mind. Talking of savoury snack there used to be things called Chip Sticks in the 1970's, and possibly 80's. I can't recall seeing them for many a year. I wonder why they went off radar.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You've hit the nail right on the head there. Countdown, different flavoured Hula Hoops, alcohol, and ciggies - what's not to like about that combo? I actually had some plain Hula Hoops a couple of days ago. I must say that they were, dare I say it, a little bit disappointing. I guess I wasn't in the right frame of mind. Talking of savoury snack there used to be things called Chip Sticks in the 1970's, and possibly 80's. I can't recall seeing them for many a year. I wonder why they went off radar.

http://groceries.iceland.co.uk/smiths-chipsticks-salt-and-vinegar-snacks-8x17g/p/63550

3 hours ago, feral chile said:

Hello feral,

Unfortunately those aren't the chip sticks that I was referring to. These ones weren't light and fluffy like those above. They were kind of like hard needles of potato. I'm going to have a look now to see if I can find a photo of them.

I can't find them anywhere. Maybe I have a phantom memory of these savoury snacks. Pretty sure that they were around at the same time as Golden Wonder and KP crisps. I think that they may have been made by Smiths, but not certain.

Anyway, remember these;

See the source image

Never liked them.

Hello feral,

Unfortunately those aren't the chip sticks that I was referring to. These ones weren't light and fluffy like those above. They were kind of like hard needles of potato. I'm going to have a look now to see if I can find a photo of them.

I thought I didn't remember them being those puffy things, I used to like them too.

I can't find them anywhere. Maybe I have a phantom memory of these savoury snacks. Pretty sure that they were around at the same time as Golden Wonder and KP crisps. I think that they may have been made by Smiths, but not certain.

Anyway, remember these;

See the source image

Never liked them.

Yuck. I think you're right about those snacks, I remember them as well.

10 hours ago, feral chile said:

Yuck. I think you're right about those snacks, I remember them as well.

A day after eating a packet of these and your tongue hurts when you breathe.

Unlike these - these make me happy

31qVwFaSTnL.jpg.0b130daf8efe4c41258420ee4ff35130.jpg

It rained last night so I don't have to spend a hour and a half watering my allotments and can start planting new stuff instead :)  

Edited by Ommadawn

3 hours ago, zahidf said:

Despite there being massive problems, things are getting better

I'd love to see the algorithms used in that site. My guess is that they won't stand up to much scrutiny.

On 7/17/2018 at 8:31 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello feral,

I hated them as a kid but my dad loved them, most of the supermarkets do their own version   https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/gb/groceries/sainsburys-potato-chip-sticks-150g?dclid=COW0ssfItNwCFYnHUQodpD8ESw&langId=44&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzvm_xMi03AIVrL3tCh1wiw1aEAQYASABEgIN7_D_BwE&storeId=10151&krypto=FM0iiuAWmo1H%2BeVuIliOtGM2Bhiz69dASvsrtjYL4biQ8xglYDX88TeeIeKrBL%2FNC20%2FX3OITDPRr4gAqpR%2Bkprv2hJ2VgRAsCO6PnMbcN8SQNnuYrEMl1KCuDACqFVzGs8JH0tR4t%2F01v3zyWZ7ZjWKBjtTrwazC%2BNoKVAdjLBzJFdPXBK97Jeu2hb%2FsaFrs8BXbocuf4qcsWYzqRYwDOCVGSdKwG8Oz9oMrr2u4xE%3D&ddkey=https%3Agb%2Fgroceries%2Fsainsburys-potato-chip-sticks-150g

Edited by Cheshire Cat
cant get the link to put a photo
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

MP or teacher?

Support staff at a school, busy few days left for me though. I do all the media for the school and we have sports day and a sponsored walk so plenty for me to do before that break.