Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

21 cubic metres of concrete poured today (that's a lot of concrete) to provide the surface for my new car parking area and space to park my festival caravan outside the house. Now got to wait for it to set so in about a week I should be able to collect and then park the caravan. A 1992 Lunar Meteorite - One of these

128357450.jpg

Edited by grumpyhack

21 cubic metres of concrete poured today (that's a lot of concrete) to provide the surface for my new car parking area and space to park my festival caravan outside the house. Now got to wait for it to set so in about a week I should be able to collect and then park the caravan. A 1992 Lunar Meteorite - One of these

128357450.jpg

At long last we get to see a photo of the type of caravan you have. Looks very nice indeed. Going a little bit green with envy this end. I never thought of doing a festival with comfort thrown in.

Where are you going?

Arriving in Dublin airport, hiring a car and going over to Galway for 2 nights. Then it's back over to the east coast again, to Skerries (via a short stop in Longford to see ones of my mates refurbished house - he's now living in Longford). We'll be staying in Skerries for the Sunday and Monday night. This gives us Tuesday night to go somewhere else. Might try Wicklow. Any good for two late 40's retrobates?

At long last we get to see a photo of the type of caravan you have. Looks very nice indeed. Going a little bit green with envy this end. I never thought of doing a festival with comfort thrown in.

It gets better

c14842c.jpg

and

119377831.jpg

d.jpg

For £1,500 I've got a double bed, or 2 singles, plus a full sized awning that will provide sleeping for 3 more - so that's all of our gang accomodated. Also toilet, shower, full cooker and oven, fridge and even a gas fire if it's cold.

No hassle about having to trolley everything onto site and then setting up tents.

Spread over four fests a year for a few years it's not a bad investment - and I might even be able to persuade Mrs GH to try the odd night in it.

It gets better

c14842c.jpg

and

119377831.jpg

d.jpg

For £1,500 I've got a double bed, or 2 singles, plus a full sized awning that will provide sleeping for 3 more - so that's all of our gang accomodated. Also toilet, shower, full cooker and oven, fridge and even a gas fire if it's cold.

No hassle about having to trolley everything onto site and then setting up tents.

Spread over four fests a year for a few years it's not a bad investment - and I might even be able to persuade Mrs GH to try the odd night in it.

Very nice. Very nice indeed. My jeleousyometer has just exploded! I stayed in a caravan on a Scottish island at Christmas once. It was a lovely cosy experience. I've also done a few static caravan holidays too and they were all fab as well. Just loving that living area you've got there. Here's hoping the caravan brings you many a happy adventure.

Looks great, is £1500 a good deal you got or is that going rate?

It's about the going rate but I also know I've got a good deal because I've bought it from my neighbour who wouldn't rip me off and it's in excellent condition - no damp etc. His son runs a vehicle upholstery business - they pimped up Madonna's tour bus for example - so they've checked it over and made sure everything is tip top. It's also a very lightweight van so, hopefully I should be able to manoevre it into position solo. I'll know in a week when I give it its first outing to Wychwood.

Arriving in Dublin airport, hiring a car and going over to Galway for 2 nights. Then it's back over to the east coast again, to Skerries (via a short stop in Longford to see ones of my mates refurbished house - he's now living in Longford). We'll be staying in Skerries for the Sunday and Monday night. This gives us Tuesday night to go somewhere else. Might try Wicklow. Any good for two late 40's retrobates?

Sligo is a GREAT town to go out in. Longford and Skerries not so much.

Glendalough (pronounced Glen-da-lock) in Wicklow is beautiful if you go down there. Would highly recommend that.

Glendalough_alt.jpg

Edited by The Nal
  • Upvote 1

This time next week I'lll be lapping up the sunshine with an ice cold beer at Rockness. The only downside isthe fact the last two years I've treated it as a Glasto warm up but thisd year once it's finished I won't have any other fests till Bestival in September.

Still, will just have to make sure we have an even better time next weekend!

• Upvote 2

One of the joys of living half way up a mountain is the stunning views. But there are drawbacks too - like water, or the lack of it. We live too high up to have normal pressure fed mains so our water comes to a pumping station, which we are responsible for, and our pump then shoves it up the last 100 feet or so. In theory!

But if the pump packs in we have no water. And that's what happened yesterday. Thankfully the pump engineer came out in response to our pleas for help and so, £700 later, we have a new pump and water again.

But it's no bad thing to be reminded just how vital water is for survival and it puts the £25 a month we give to Water Aid in perspective.

And, anyway, I'm demob happy. A long weekend, one more day of teaching and then off to my first fest of the year testing my caravan at Wytchwood.

Kathryn Jenkins is actually a really nice person too - very down to earth, no celeb airs and graces. I got to know her (only in a professional capacity you understand) when she took part in the Tsunami Relief Concert at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff. A delight.

• Upvote 1