Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

• 1 month later...

My youngest son is 18 today. Gonna take him out later but I cant be arsed spending loads on getting him drunk so I am taking him to a place with a cheeky Absinthe. Should be home after an hour or so ;-)

Nice plan!:lol:

I bid on a piece of art work today on ebay and won. I was expecting to be gazumped in the dying seconds of the auction, but it never happened. Also got it for £20 less than the Buy it Now option. I, rather impatiently, want it to be here right now so I can look at it in more detail. I also bought what has been described as the Super String of God for the princely sum of 10p, which includes the postage. I also can't wait for that to arrive because, apparently, it will bestow upon me magical powers despite looking just like a piece of string with a knot in it! With this string in my possession there is no way I'll not get a ticket for Glasto 2013!

I've decided I'm going to get drunk tonight. Fuck yeah

I have come to the same decision myself. I don't have to move an inch until about 1pm tomorrow, so the lie in is as good as sorted. Remember to put some water or something beside your bed. Otherwise you'll be spitting feathers tomorrow morning and not wanting to get out of bed to sort the issue. Have fun my fellow comrade in arms.

I don't even know why, I'm just happy today. Woke up in an alright mood, which has steadily improved throughout the day.

Also quite pleased that my mission to give up the booze for a while is going well. I'm at the half-way point and the temptation has pretty much gone.

I don't even know why, I'm just happy today. Woke up in an alright mood, which has steadily improved throughout the day.

Also quite pleased that my mission to give up the booze for a while is going well. I'm at the half-way point and the temptation has pretty much gone.

Sometimes it's like that - you just wake up that bit happier than you've been of late and can't fathom out why. It's odd but welcome. Good luck with the abstinence.

The sun always improves my mood, even though I'm not a sun-worshipper, being very fair skinned. It affects my energy levels as well, though that could be the general lifting of mild depression/hibernation tendencies.

I'm definitely solar powered.

• Upvote 2

I met a friend on Friday night who had got 2 FREE tickets to Glasto last year. I'd been meaning to ask him about how he is fixed for 2013 tickets and finally did so. He said he is sorted for the tickets and could and would get me one too. I'm still going to try and buy one the usual way because that way I know for definite. However if that fails it's nice to know there's a possible back up plan.

yeah, you need to be careful about any 'free' tickets anyone might say they can get you. They're only likely to be 100% confirmed to anyone 'on the inside' long after the tickets have been sold, which means that if the expected freebies don't come thru you're stuffed.

I could get free press tickets. I never do tho because I wouldn't know for certain that I'd got them until June, far too late to get tickets by other means. So I *ALWAYS* buy tickets, because I want to guarantee for myself that I'm going.

Yep. Also worth noting that just because you've volunteered to work there previously for Greenpeace/Oxfam/Whoever and completed all of your shifts diligently, is no guarantee that you will be a shoe in/invited back for the next years workforce. I've had a couple of years where friends have missed out because they made that presumption.

yeah, you need to be careful about any 'free' tickets anyone might say they can get you. They're only likely to be 100% confirmed to anyone 'on the inside' long after the tickets have been sold, which means that if the expected freebies don't come thru you're stuffed.

I could get free press tickets. I never do tho because I wouldn't know for certain that I'd got them until June, far too late to get tickets by other means. So I *ALWAYS* buy tickets, because I want to guarantee for myself that I'm going.

That's interesting. I would have had you down as a major pick of the bunch as far as free press tickets go ie.it would be a racing certainty that you'd get tickets. I know what you mean though about the having to wait until June scenario though. That would be heart in the mouth territory. That'll be the case with this other angle if I don't get to buy tickets the usual way. With my mate last year it was so last minute as in he drove off from home (Birmingham) without having the tickets in hand and only a verbal agreement in place for him to get in. I'd just like to add that it was all legal. I don't think I could ever try to get in illegally. Apart from not being in the spring of my youth I just don't think I could do that sort of thing - despite it being Glasto.

That's interesting. I would have had you down as a major pick of the bunch as far as free press tickets go ie.it would be a racing certainty that you'd get tickets.

that's pretty much my presumption too - but I've never tried it, so I don't know for certain. I'd rather ensure the certainty by getting myself a ticket.

She's come out saying that it's an expensive sideshow and a waste of public money...

Well Miss Brooks. We'll let the Jury be the deciders of that, thank you.

If she gets sent down it will be worth every single penny.

rich w*nkers have the same view towards crime as they do towards paying taxes - that it's something that only the little people do. A pillar of the establishment couldn't possibly be a common criminal, in no different a way to the scumbag who might mug you in the street. ;)

I'm wetting myself at her "anger" that her hubby has been brought into things. One of the charges her & her hubby are charged with is to do with a laptop, mobile phone, and paperwork relating to NI being found dumped in their dustbin the day after she was arrested - and her hubby claimed it was all to do with him, that a 'friend' (who he can't name) had returned these things but put them in the wrong place. Presumably there's plenty of evidence with these three things to show that they were hers.

And I'm wetting myself even more that her hubby is saying she can't get a fair trial because the case has been all over the newspapers - when newspapers is what they both do, newspapers who have no problem fingering others in no different a way to how she's been fingered.

And just remember when she's doing her poor little hurt woman act that this is the woman who had Grant Mitchell running to the police in fear of violence from her.

All the same, just think 'Arry Rednapp - and pray that it doesn't go the same way. But with a jury of the types who'd vote for dancing dog I don't hold out much hope. :(