BlackHole2006

Things that ur happy about

Younger daughter Lizzie marked boyfriend Nathan's birthday yesterday by giving him a ticket (plus one for her) for the Green Man Festival.

He responded by asking her to marry him.  I'm delighted that she said 'Yes.'

So I'm going to have a son-in-law and a nicer bloke you couldn't hope for.  He's kind, gentle and thoughtful and it's wonderful to see two people so much in love.

They met last year at the tiny Blue Lagoon Festival and will join our gang for Green Man.  The joys of festivalling.

I just hope that when they have their Big Day - sometime next year - that they will have checked festival dates for clashes first.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Younger daughter Lizzie marked boyfriend Nathan's birthday yesterday by giving him a ticket (plus one for her) for the Green Man Festival.

He responded by asking her to marry him.  I'm delighted that she said 'Yes.'

So I'm going to have a son-in-law and a nicer bloke you couldn't hope for.  He's kind, gentle and thoughtful and it's wonderful to see two people so much in love.

They met last year at the tiny Blue Lagoon Festival and will join our gang for Green Man.  The joys of festivalling.

I just hope that when they have their Big Day - sometime next year - that they will have checked festival dates for clashes first.

Lovely news! I'm sure they'll work round the festivals. Be lovely if they could also do one of those hand fastening things at one you all go to. Heard of people doing it at Glastonbury, not sure if anywhere else. Unless not their thing obviously.

After my health scare two months ago (I had lost 100% kidney function and was given less than 2 hours to live) I've just come back from seeing the consultant and he has given me a bit of news that I really wasn't expecting. He told me that my kidneys are now functioning at a normal level again. I really had thought that they wouldn't have recovered that much.

Anyway, I'm now celebrating with a pint of prosecco, and am just about to have a spliff. Not quite what the doctor ordered. 

I urgently needed someone who knew both how to specify and install suitable solar power for a garden chalet. I've just managed to get a hold of someone who can fulfil both criteria, and happens to be someone that I'd rather give money to than most other people. He's a lovely young lad, is a qualified electrical engineer, a DJ, musician, and really naturally friendly bloke. As if that wasn't enough to make you sick, he is, and you must note that I'm not that way inclined, ferociously good looking.

Note to self - watch wife with 'real moving Action Man eyes'.  lol

Reading people's happy stories.

Congrats all :)

Edited by feral chile

Son and daughter in law are expecting 😊

Edited by feral chile
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, -Stardust- said:

Im happy coz my diet is going well... and ive just started Zumba classes (dancey exercise) which is great fun and makes me feel dead good

I'd like dancey exercise but lack of co-ordination gets in my way.

Literally.

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:25 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm happy because I currently feel happy. I don't really know where it's come from, but it has arrived. :)

This is occurring again. Long may it continue.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

This is occurring again. Long may it continue.

Hear hear

On 5/12/2017 at 5:43 PM, feral chile said:

Hi Yog, no, hadn't posted on here about it - I've got tinnitus, mild dizziness and balance and spatial awareness problems. So I went to the nurse to sort out my ears (convinced it's a neck or ear problem) and she scared me with her wild tales of tumours and pressure on the brain. Then the first eye test was high, so you have to have a second one and more tests. They were OK.

But since my blood pressure's up, and I kept reading about stroke, I'm going to try to listen to my body a bit (after I've finished this cider, anyway :D )

Hey @feral chile, have you ever considered wearing high-fidelity earplugs to help with your tinnitus? They are reusable and protect your ears but have a music filter inside that doesn't muffle the sound like disposable foam ones.

I run a hearing protection campaign called All Ears. We work with venues and festivals across the UK to help encourage safe listening practices. If you want to know more, you can check out our website below:

https://allearscampaign.com/

realising that I've got another way of trying to tackle the korean spam.

It's probably not going to be instantly successful, but hopefully it's going to make a big difference. Fingers crossed.

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

It's probably not going to be instantly successful, but hopefully it's going to make a big difference. Fingers crossed.

Hooray for that. :)

I am a bit of a hoarder and have way too much stuff - most of it in my garage. Anyway, I have been cleaning up the garage today (and will be for a few hours more tonight) and decided to get rid of loads of it. What can be re-cycled will be. What can go to charity shops will go there. And loads of it will go to the council tip because nobody would want it.  I'm having a mega purge. The remaining stuff will actually be useful - tools etc, or can be sold by me on ebay. I'm getting my house in order (well, my garage anyway), and it feels good to be doing it, so that's making me happy. I was quite down yesterday evening /night, so it feels good to be happy / happier.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I am a bit of a hoarder and have way too much stuff - most of it in my garage. Anyway, I have been cleaning up the garage today (and will be for a few hours more tonight) and decided to get rid of loads of it. What can be re-cycled will be. What can go to charity shops will go there. And loads of it will go to the council tip because nobody would want it.  I'm having a mega purge. The remaining stuff will actually be useful - tools etc, or can be sold by me on ebay. I'm getting my house in order (well, my garage anyway), and it feels good to be doing it, so that's making me happy. I was quite down yesterday evening /night, so it feels good to be happy / happier.

I'm a hoarder too. It's liberating to get rid of stuff.

Snorkeling with Turtles in the Gili Islands and seeing Komodo dragons last week too

On 6/30/2018 at 7:43 AM, eFestivals said:

I was recently in Japan for 3 weeks and I got to see just how much spam there was posted when everyone in the uk is asleep. 

I wondered that all you need is a Far East administrator that can delete the threads.