Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

16 minutes ago, feral chile said:

Any tips for an exercise resistant food junkie?

Errrrrrrr that’s all I’ve done and only drink alcohol once a week. 

Cut out junk food and dump the car for cycling to work(15 mile round trip). 

31 minutes ago, thetime said:

Errrrrrrr that’s all I’ve done and only drink alcohol once a week. 

Cut out junk food and dump the car for cycling to work(15 mile round trip). 

So basically, quit being an exercise resistant food junkie?

?

I bow to your willpower :)

17 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello grumpy,

I decided not to even try for Glasto this year. That said, I am entering the competitions on the off chance that fate dictates that I go. I did try for some efesters last Sunday, but got nowhere.

The only festival we have tickets for this year is the Landed Festival. Whether we go or not is still in the balance. We run an Airbnb now, and weekends tend to be taken up with customers. This will, no doubt, be the case throughout August. So, we've got to decide whether to make money, or spend money.

I'd like to go to Green Man one day, as I've only ever heard good things about it. 

Hope your car gets sorted, as well as your beloved caravan.

I'll probably enter a few competitions Yog but the problem is that as well as an attendance ticket I'll need a Campervan Ticket as it's caravan or nothing these days,

As for Green Man, I can't speak highly enough about it.  All the best bits of Glasto without the hassle. Stunning setting, lots of variety, great caterers (the best of Glasto usually - such as La Grande Bouffe) and run by people who really know music and bands.  Loads to do apart from music.  When I did my first Green Man a couple of years ago I thought: "With this I don't need Glasto any more" but the temptation of Big G still keeps calling.

My daughter does Airbnb at her house in Cardiff but her problem tends to be where does she go with her wife and twins when she has a booking?  It's often: "Dad, can we come up to yours for the weekend?"

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Losing 5 and a half stone and dropping 4 jeans sizes. Was size 40 jeans and now got size 32 I fit into nicely.  ?

Nice one thetime. That's a real result. Actually it's an amazing result. Getting from a 40 back to a 32 is fucking incredible. I've recently been thinking about being pro-active in losing some weight. You've given me some firm inspiration to actually stop thinking about it and actually do it. I'm going to copy and paste your post above and send it to my inbox as a permanent reminder. :)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

I'll probably enter a few competitions Yog but the problem is that as well as an attendance ticket I'll need a Campervan Ticket as it's caravan or nothing these days,

As for Green Man, I can't speak highly enough about it.  All the best bits of Glasto without the hassle. Stunning setting, lots of variety, great caterers (the best of Glasto usually - such as La Grande Bouffe) and run by people who really know music and bands.  Loads to do apart from music.  When I did my first Green Man a couple of years ago I thought: "With this I don't need Glasto any more" but the temptation of Big G still keeps calling.

My daughter does Airbnb at her house in Cardiff but her problem tends to be where does she go with her wife and twins when she has a booking?  It's often: "Dad, can we come up to yours for the weekend?"

I'll get to Green Man one day - he says hopefully. 

We've got a large (5 metres by 4 metres) log cabin set amongst the trees at the bottom of our long garden. It's that which we use for Airbnb, so we still have full use of the house. It's can be quite an interesting occupation. Many is the guest that has barely stayed in the cabin, because they've been too busy partying in the house with us until the very wee hours! We've only had very favourable reviews, but in this game you are only as good as your last review - or at least, that's the way we view it. 

We are also currently looking at renting out our campervan too, as an additional income stream. I came across a site (see link below) which has been described as Airbnb for campervans. It's a no brainer really, as a lot of the time the van is standing idle, when it could be earning us money. here's hoping.

https://www.camptoo.co.uk/hire/motorhome?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=2_Camptoo_Always-On_UK_NON-BRAND_SEA_Campervan_Broad_Demand&gclid=CjwKCAjwza_mBRBTEiwASDWVvn5LRgFPMXMQ8Ehc-ECn1dnYbFdMt8D4lLWj-LZPei1CQ7vPdEmnFxoCxaQQAvD_BwE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, feral chile said:

Finally had my op tuesday, out today in time to vote.

Result!

Hello feral,

Hope the op went according to plan.

Unfortunately things have gone pear shaped this end, and I've not been able to vote. I know that a vote in the right (and I don't mean 'right' in that sense) direction has been squandered, but it is the way it is. Ho hum.

All the best with your recovery.

6 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello feral,

Hope the op went according to plan.

Unfortunately things have gone pear shaped this end, and I've not been able to vote. I know that a vote in the right (and I don't mean 'right' in that sense) direction has been squandered, but it is the way it is. Ho hum.

All the best with your recovery.

Thanks yog.

I hope whatever went pear shaped is not having a negative impact on your life, and send you positive vibes x

Thanks yog.

I hope whatever went pear shaped is not having a negative impact on your life, and send you positive vibes x

Cheers feral.

Not too sure what way it's going to go, to be honest. My wife has had a monumental headache, apparently beyond migraine, for the last week. We've tried to get a doctor to see her, but they'd only give her access to a nurse. I'm not saying nurses are under qualified. Far from it. However, she went to see the nurse, and the nurse said it was stress, to lie down still for three days, and put a cold flannel on her forehead. My mom was a nurse, and that's what she made us do in the 1970's. Anyway, to cut a long story shorter, my wife (who I love dearly, and have done since we became a 'thing') has totally changed during this short period of time that she's had this monumental pain in her head. When I say changed, I really mean changed. Instead of us showing our love to each other on an almost minute by minute basis (as we have done for seven years), she has, all of a sudden , and out of the blue, started calling me a c**t, w*nker, scum etc. It's really come from nowhere ie. I haven't facilitated a need for such a response. It only occurred to me late last night that it might be a medical problem rather than a psychosomatic or even drunken problem. The research on which, if true, would indicate that she may have a brain tumour. Now, she said this very thing to me about three days ago, which I kind of dismissed, not out of any rationality, but probably because of fear that it might be the case. She has a multitude of illnesses anyway, and it would be no surprise if this wasn't an addition to those, or an extension of those. Anyway, all I can appear to do at the moment is cry my eyes out, and let's face it, that ain't going to do no good. Sorry to be so honest, but out of all the people on here I communicate with, i think that you are probably the one that can handle it. 

All the best

Yog.

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Cheers feral.

Not too sure what way it's going to go, to be honest. My wife has had a monumental headache, apparently beyond migraine, for the last week. We've tried to get a doctor to see her, but they'd only give her access to a nurse. I'm not saying nurses are under qualified. Far from it. However, she went to see the nurse, and the nurse said it was stress, to lie down still for three days, and put a cold flannel on her forehead. My mom was a nurse, and that's what she made us do in the 1970's. Anyway, to cut a long story shorter, my wife (who I love dearly, and have done since we became a 'thing') has totally changed during this short period of time that she's had this monumental pain in her head. When I say changed, I really mean changed. Instead of us showing our love to each other on an almost minute by minute basis (as we have done for seven years), she has, all of a sudden , and out of the blue, started calling me a c**t, w*nker, scum etc. It's really come from nowhere ie. I haven't facilitated a need for such a response. It only occurred to me late last night that it might be a medical problem rather than a psychosomatic or even drunken problem. The research on which, if true, would indicate that she may have a brain tumour. Now, she said this very thing to me about three days ago, which I kind of dismissed, not out of any rationality, but probably because of fear that it might be the case. She has a multitude of illnesses anyway, and it would be no surprise if this wasn't an addition to those, or an extension of those. Anyway, all I can appear to do at the moment is cry my eyes out, and let's face it, that ain't going to do no good. Sorry to be so honest, but out of all the people on here I communicate with, i think that you are probably the one that can handle it. 

All the best

Yog.

Ah yog, I feel for you. I can see why you'd be so worried. It might be the level of pain she's in, I can well see why you're worried about personality change.

Is A&E an option?

I don't think I'd wait, personally.

I have my fingers crossed for you that she's ok, but waiting around in extreme pain is bad enough an ask anyway.

Wish positive vibes could heal, sending them anyway xx

Edited by feral chile

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello feral,

I've only just realised that I've blurted my heart out to you.

Apologies, I didn't mean to lay that one on you, it just shot out of my head.

Yog. :)

No apologies necessary, I'm here to chat if you need to x

17 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Sorry Feral I haven't kept up with posts. May I ask what the op was for? 

Hi rufus, breast reconstruction.

Got diagnosed 2 years ago, had mastectomy and failed one then. Going much better this time round.

Edited by feral chile

On 5/24/2019 at 5:14 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello feral,

I've only just realised that I've blurted my heart out to you.

Apologies, I didn't mean to lay that one on you, it just shot out of my head.

Yog. :)

Just catching up with these threads, I hope you have got Mrs yog sorted now. Simple things such as a urine infection can send people loopy (sorry for using that term but can't think of another). There's a couple of very confused people on my ward currently.

1 minute ago, slash's hat said:

Just catching up with these threads, I hope you have got Mrs yog sorted now. Simple things such as a urine infection can send people loopy (sorry for using that term but can't think of another). There's a couple of very confused people on my ward currently.

Oo yes, definitely, it really affects you cognitively.

50 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

Hello slash's hat,

Yeah all good again at this end, thanks. Order has been restored to my world. Well, the usual kind of order, at any rate.

Sorry to hear that your poorly, and are trapped in the hospital (as I read on the other thread). I tried to discharge myself from hospital once against the staff's and my wife's wishes. I just couldn't stand being in the place. They'd put in an elderly bloke in there as they didn't know where to put him. He was up all night ranting, raving, and trying to attack other patients. The staff would put him to bed, he'd get up, start trying to hit a patient etc, then the staff would put him to bed, then he'd get up etc. Anyway, this went on all night long (and I mean all night). then when everybody's weary in the morning, the bastard would go to bed and sleep all day, only to repeat the process at night. we, on the other hand, couldn't sleep like that during the day, so had to just endure this continuous lack of sleep. Really, he should have been put on a different ward each night, in my view, so that everybody got a share, as opposed to over exposure by a few, to the degree that they went demented and tried to discharge themselves when that wasn't in their interests.

So, I know what it's like to be trapped in a hospital. You have my every sympathy. Here's hoping that it all comes good for you soon. :)

7 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello slash's hat,

Yeah all good again at this end, thanks. Order has been restored to my world. Well, the usual kind of order, at any rate.

Sorry to hear that your poorly, and are trapped in the hospital (as I read on the other thread). I tried to discharge myself from hospital once against the staff's and my wife's wishes. I just couldn't stand being in the place. They'd put in an elderly bloke in there as they didn't know where to put him. He was up all night ranting, raving, and trying to attack other patients. The staff would put him to bed, he'd get up, start trying to hit a patient etc, then the staff would put him to bed, then he'd get up etc. Anyway, this went on all night long (and I mean all night). then when everybody's weary in the morning, the bastard would go to bed and sleep all day, only to repeat the process at night. we, on the other hand, couldn't sleep like that during the day, so had to just endure this continuous lack of sleep. Really, he should have been put on a different ward each night, in my view, so that everybody got a share, as opposed to over exposure by a few, to the degree that they went demented and tried to discharge themselves when that wasn't in their interests.

So, I know what it's like to be trapped in a hospital. You have my every sympathy. Here's hoping that it all comes good for you soon. :)

I think elderly people need much more one to one care than can be provided, it's not just what brought them into hospital, but general care needs.

We had 2 nurses between 4 of us, while the next ward had a less intensive ratio but more demands on their time.

Some of those on the next ward had carers.

13 minutes ago, feral chile said:

I think elderly people need much more one to one care than can be provided, it's not just what brought them into hospital, but general care needs.

We had 2 nurses between 4 of us, while the next ward had a less intensive ratio but more demands on their time.

Exactly this. My dad's been in hospital after a fall since March. But now getting rid of a chest infection is the main priority, not rehabilitation. And trying to get help in place for them when he comes out is proving somewhat lengthy. I wish I was fit enough to do more myself. 

Trouble is on my many stays I've seen people who've come and been confused, they're given meds to calm them down, then they don't want to do anything or eat, and it spirals downwards.

Nhs is fantastic but completely on its knees.

18 minutes ago, feral chile said:

Hello feral,

I wasn't having a pop at his age. He could well have been a young bloke doing those things, it's just that he happened to be elderly. I suspect that he did have a few other ailments other than a physical one - dementia springs to mind. I get your point though about some wards being more intensive than others, and hadn't actually thought of that. It's a good job I'm not a senior NHS planner getting paid a load of money to get it wrong. Oh, hold on a minute.....   Only joking. That said, it bugs me mental about the funding to the NHS. In the 1950's 60's it may well have taken 6 NHS operatives to change a light bulb, but everything was running smoothly and all was right with the world. Now the system will not allow for 6 people to change a light bulb. Why not? There used to be money in the system for it to happen, so where's all the money gone? It's not left the planet. No need to answer that question, because I know that the majority of it has gone to the 1%.

24 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello feral,

I wasn't having a pop at his age. He could well have been a young bloke doing those things, it's just that he happened to be elderly. I suspect that he did have a few other ailments other than a physical one - dementia springs to mind. I get your point though about some wards being more intensive than others, and hadn't actually thought of that. It's a good job I'm not a senior NHS planner getting paid a load of money to get it wrong. Oh, hold on a minute.....   Only joking. That said, it bugs me mental about the funding to the NHS. In the 1950's 60's it may well have taken 6 NHS operatives to change a light bulb, but everything was running smoothly and all was right with the world. Now the system will not allow for 6 people to change a light bulb. Why not? There used to be money in the system for it to happen, so where's all the money gone? It's not left the planet. No need to answer that question, because I know that the majority of it has gone to the 1%.

I think when you've had a good few hospital stays, the elderly patient turns up on just about every hospital stay.

They really need obe to one care, you can see how stressed staff get.

We had one in sepsis watch, she was constantly calling for a nurse, and the nurses ended up having to say she needed to wait as they had other patients to deal with.

I think she was scared.

I think when you've had a good few hospital stays, the elderly patient turns up on just about every hospital stay.

My dad had it the other way around recently. He'd just been taken in to hospital for kidney problems, and was very fortunate to get his own room there. What he didn't expect was the number of people that came in to the room asking him if he wanted to talk to them - about anything. They ranged from the priest, formal hospital patient volunteers, and one person who he gathered hadn't got a clue about why they were there themselves!!