Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

11 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello feral,

Wishing you all the very best, big style.

Yog

Thanks yog.

I got the call in work and trashed my already tenuous corporate credibility by chair dancing while answering the phone.

Luckily, they all know I'm odd already 

:yahoo:

3 hours ago, feral chile said:

Thanks yog.

I got the call in work and trashed my already tenuous corporate credibility by chair dancing while answering the phone.

Luckily, they all know I'm odd already 

:yahoo:

I was never one for corporate credibility, but chair dancing - there's a trick I missed out on. 

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:31 PM, feral chile said:

Got a date for my reconstruction -  March 19th.

They'll use my back muscle.

So I'll literally be back to front, and will have a legitimate excuse not to know whether I'm coming or going.

Love the excuse you will be able to use :)

Best of Luck with it. Not far away now

I employed someone to do a building maintenance job for me. He finished the work yesterday afternoon. So, why am I happy? I'm happy because I know what I wanted in my minds eye, and he has produced just that. There's not even a millimetre out of alignment. And guess what? he' s only an artist. He showed me photos of  his sculptures on his phone. Eat your heart out Michelangelo. No, I mean that seriously, the bloke can do exquisite sculpture. I know this because I can see it in the job he has done for me, and the works of his art he has shown me on the phone.

• 3 weeks later...

Happy to be having surgery soon. For reference re below puns, reconstruction using back muscle from right side.

And also happy that my senior management can switch from concern to humour when given the lead.

Conversation goes, as I'm heading out the door:

"Are you ok for Tuesday"?

"Yes, I'll bounce back all perky, in more ways than one"

"You're very up front about it. Keep us abreast of developments".

"It could go tits up, I might make a right tit out of myself. Literally.."

Edited by feral chile

1 hour ago, feral chile said:

Happy to be having surgery soon. For reference re below puns, reconstruction using back muscle from right side.

And also happy that my senior management can switch from concern to humour when given the lead.

Conversation goes, as I'm heading out the door:

"Are you ok for Tuesday"?

"Yes, I'll bounce back all perky, in more ways than one"

"You're very up front about it. Keep us abreast of developments".

"It could go tits up, I might make a right tit out of myself. Literally.."

I think if i were to make a joke about breasts right now, it would be in bad taste - wouldn't tit?

All the best for your OP feral.

8 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I think if i were to make a joke about breasts right now, it would be in bad taste - wouldn't tit?

All the best for your OP feral.

Ha!

Bad taste is fine by me, I have a dark sense of humour.

And I can give tit for tat.

Thanks for the good wishes yog, hope all is well with you and yours :)

Edited by feral chile

My remaining teeth have been playing me up all day. Several of them are loose, and have been like a nest of vipers, antagonising me for hours. I took paracetamol and ibuprofen, and some heavy grade Gabapetin, but still the raging roared on. So, a few minutes ago I decided to roll a smoke. Totally instant pain relief. TBH I thought all that kind of talk was bullshit, and just an arrow in the armament to help make it legal. But, bloody hell, the pain relief was instant. How incredible.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

My remaining teeth have been playing me up all day. Several of them are loose, and have been like a nest of vipers, antagonising me for hours. 

That sounds horrid, hope you manage to get a more long term solution, as in my experience perpetually smoking does present some challenges in day to day life. 

15 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

My remaining teeth have been playing me up all day. Several of them are loose, and have been like a nest of vipers, antagonising me for hours. I took paracetamol and ibuprofen, and some heavy grade Gabapetin, but still the raging roared on. So, a few minutes ago I decided to roll a smoke. Totally instant pain relief. TBH I thought all that kind of talk was bullshit, and just an arrow in the armament to help make it legal. But, bloody hell, the pain relief was instant. How incredible.

That sounds horrendous. Hope you can get them sorted yog x

51 minutes ago, clarkete said:

That sounds horrid, hope you manage to get a more long term solution, as in my experience perpetually smoking does present some challenges in day to day life. 

Thanks clarkete, appreciated.

Unfortunately the long term solution is phenomenally expensive. I've seen figures of about £1500 per tooth. And I am missing a lot of teeth. There's three that want to come out right now - hence my reference to a nest of vipers. Unfortunately it's really wasn't the smoking that did it,.It's more likely to be the shed load of drugs that I've taken orally and nasally. People should be warned about rubbing hard core drugs in to their gums. I've never seen a warning yet on that. 

So, people, if you are going to take invasive drugs, you'd be better of, nasher wise, to bomb them in a Rizzla paper.

All the best clarkete. :)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thanks clarkete, appreciated.

Unfortunately the long term solution is phenomenally expensive. I've seen figures of about £1500 per tooth. And I am missing a lot of teeth. There's three that want to come out right now - hence my reference to a nest of vipers. Unfortunately it's really wasn't the smoking that did it,.It's more likely to be the shed load of drugs that I've taken orally and nasally. People should be warned about rubbing hard core drugs in to their gums. I've never seen a warning yet on that. 

So, people, if you are going to take invasive drugs, you'd be better of, nasher wise, to bomb them in a Rizzla paper.

All the best clarkete. :)

Is that implants?

3 minutes ago, feral chile said:

Is that implants?

Yes, it is. I've got partial dentures, but can't even get them in my mouth without wanting to vomit. I don't know what the answer is really. I keep on spending money on indulgence - which I am quite happy to continue doing. However, i haven't got that kind of spare cash to get implants. My folks have got oodles of the stuff, but I wouldn't want to ask them for it. It's ironic really, because I don't mind, that much, walking around toothless, but would be mortified if I had to meet my extended family, should one of my parents die ie. at their funeral. 

The above said, there's no way, on earth, that the pikey look is going to catch on. Not even in London!

16 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yes, it is. I've got partial dentures, but can't even get them in my mouth without wanting to vomit. I don't know what the answer is really. I keep on spending money on indulgence - which I am quite happy to continue doing. However, i haven't got that kind of spare cash to get implants. My folks have got oodles of the stuff, but I wouldn't want to ask them for it. It's ironic really, because I don't mind, that much, walking around toothless, but would be mortified if I had to meet my extended family, should one of my parents die ie. at their funeral. 

The above said, there's no way, on earth, that the pikey look is going to catch on. Not even in London!

Yeah, partial dentures are a very recent addition of mine, and in the drawer.

Being able to eat is important though.

Could you get finance with a dentist and do one at a time?

My friend went to Turkey for hers, it probably cost the same with flights and accommodation added on, but with a holiday thrown in.

13 minutes ago, feral chile said:

Yeah, partial dentures are a very recent addition of mine, and in the drawer.

Being able to eat is important though.

Could you get finance with a dentist and do one at a time?

My friend went to Turkey for hers, it probably cost the same with flights and accommodation added on, but with a holiday thrown in.

Hello feral,

I must admit, I was thinking about how much it would cost abroad, and how to get it right, if I go down that path. So, personal recommendations would be a good addition. I don't suppose you could ask your friend where she went, and let me know where, and whom. If it's problematic then don't do it, but if it's no skin off your nose, then please go for it. 

I'm not really up for my face to collapse because of lack of teeth. 

He says with a :)