Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

I'm jumping about with excitement here.  I've just been offered a job working on the most popular VR game on the planet right now (Pavlov) working as a level designer/level artist.  This is the biggest news in my life in years, the money is fantastic and I get to work from home so I can sit around in my pants listening to music while I work.

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, Spindles said:

I'm jumping about with excitement here.  I've just been offered a job working on the most popular VR game on the planet right now (Pavlov) working as a level designer/level artist.  This is the biggest news in my life in years, the money is fantastic and I get to work from home so I can sit around in my pants listening to music while I work.

That sounds awesome. Really chuffed for you. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Spindles said:

That's the dream. Right there.

Congrats

On 3/3/2020 at 10:00 AM, Spindles said:

That's amazing. Then again, maybe not. I say that because you obviously are well skilled in this area. What's probably not open to debate is that it sounds like a fab job. Talk about 'job satisfaction' - it doesn't get better than working on something you enjoy, in your pants, and listening to music. Really made up for you mate. :)

On 3/2/2020 at 6:00 PM, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Went to a gig for the first in 10 years on Saturday. I over indulged and had a dizzy spell around 5am  but I still had a  cracking time 

Brill, I've slowed down a lot recently, so hardly indulge in fun these days either.

Need hearing aids too.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Out of isolation and feeling free :)

I wish I did. Though I can't wait to get down the gym next week, as the OBR report yesterday had these tiers in place till June and it seems pretty much impossible for an area which has anything remotely close to the population density of a city to reach tier 1 I'd say potentially not being able to have a drink with friends for the next 7 months isn't anything close to "free"

58 minutes ago, lost said:

I wish I did. Though I can't wait to get down the gym next week, as the OBR report yesterday had these tiers in place till June and it seems pretty much impossible for an area which has anything remotely close to the population density of a city to reach tier 1 I'd say potentially not being able to have a drink with friends for the next 7 months isn't anything close to "free"

I'm going to meet friends in parks for walks and drinks. I expect to get into tier 2 after the inevitable January lockdown and be able to go to restaurants for a meal and a drink. The sun is shining, I've been for a walk for just under 2 hours, I can go back in and open my shop next week, and I'm doing a half day tomorrow to prepare for it. I've been smiling since I woke up today and even Bristol going into tier 3 isn't stopping that!

On 1/13/2010 at 1:31 AM, LusciousLucy said:

I MAY be escaping all the snow to go work in the snow but in France and get paid to have fun and have a reasonably exciting social life [url=https://www.numericard.fr/imprimerie-numerique/]imprimerie numerique[/url] AND I will be able to pay off my Glasto ticket on the earnings! Fingers crossed.

I had a bloomin marvellous weekend with old and new friends in the snow.

I broke the diet and had a Chinese...:P

It really is a beautiful resolution, but is it really the job that you want to do and that you want to have a career with.

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

I was persuaded by my daughters to write an account of my time as a journalist, not really for publication, just as memento for them of some of the daft things their dad got up to.  It became something to concentrate on during lockdown and I found it was running away with me.  

Anyway it was completed today and I've found a short run printer who will print it as an A5 paged book in time for Christmas.  The file was finalised and uploaded this afternoon.  I was astonished to discover that it's 150 pages long.

I've only ordered ten copies but it will be an extra stocking filler for friends and family.

On 12/15/2020 at 6:34 PM, grumpyhack said:

I was persuaded by my daughters to write an account of my time as a journalist, not really for publication, just as memento for them of some of the daft things their dad got up to.  It became something to concentrate on during lockdown and I found it was running away with me.  

Anyway it was completed today and I've found a short run printer who will print it as an A5 paged book in time for Christmas.  The file was finalised and uploaded this afternoon.  I was astonished to discover that it's 150 pages long.

I've only ordered ten copies but it will be an extra stocking filler for friends and family.

Hello grumpyhack,

What an excellent and unusual present to give to family and friends. However, there is one down side that I can see in all this. That is, now you've told us, we don't get to read it. That's not fair, that is!

All the best. 🙂

I've already discovered a few typos and am continuing to add to the story.  So there will be a corrected and expanded Second Edition.  Whether I'll stick with the same printer I don't know.  That will depend on what the first copies due to arrive tomorrow look like.  If anyone wants a read PM me and I can e-mail you what I've done so far.

At present Glastonbury doesn't figure but that's something to be added for the next edition.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Run away with me, one of the best pop songs in recent years.  This video is just pure joy, relatively bearable crowd singing (shouting) every word,(including background vocals), someone giggling towards the end, Carly Rae bouncing around stage. Just generally people having the time of their lives . Hope it's us all soon!

Edited by lemons

• 3 weeks later...

Our home has passed it's MOT again!, we've just finished a month long stint at Latitude and now off to Leeds on Monday for another month of work... sadly it's Mama Mia but the cash will help! 😄

On 7/28/2021 at 10:37 PM, Paul ™ said:

Our home has passed it's MOT again!, we've just finished a month long stint at Latitude and now off to Leeds on Monday for another month of work... sadly it's Mama Mia but the cash will help! 😄

Which of the dads are you playing?

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...