Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

1 hour ago, santowhir said:

Have you got any reading materials you can share with us? Sounds intriguing

https://www.google.com/search?q=imlact+music+festivak+young+people&oq=imlact+music+festivak+young+people+&aqs=chrome..69i57.49535j1j7&client=ms-android-sonymobile&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

You should be able to download the odf through that link

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My husband tonight commented that I cough like a donkey, and has started calling me hee-haw.

That has set me up for circular bouts of giggling that triggers coughing, which triggers giggling:

Hee hee hawwww!  Hee hee hawwww!

I think the lack of oxygen must be making me lightheaded. 

Edited by feral chile
  • Upvote 1

On 11/22/2019 at 7:57 PM, ian the worm said:

Having badly a slipped a(nother) disc 9 weeks ago, this week the pain is just beginning to subside. Therefore I may not get a spinal injection next week. 

Update.... last week I did have the back injection. Was a pretty shitty process but this week my pain has subsided so much I’ve managed to come off (most of) the codine. 

3 hours ago, feral chile said:

My husband tonight commented that I cough like a donkey, and has started calling me hee-haw.

That has set me up for circular bouts of giggling that triggers coughing, which triggers giggling:

Hee hee hawwww!  Hee hee hawwww!

I think the lack of oxygen must be making me lightheaded. 

Your husband - hee hawww, hee hawww, he haaawlways  says that you cough like a donkey!

I'll get me coat. And the crib!

13 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Your husband - hee hawww, hee hawww, he haaawlways  says that you cough like a donkey!

I'll get me coat. And the crib!

Ha!

Can you still get high from cough medicine? I met someone once who kept od'ing on it.

This cold is definitely bringing out the weird in me.

Edited by feral chile

16 hours ago, ian the worm said:

Update.... last week I did have the back injection. Was a pretty shitty process but this week my pain has subsided so much I’ve managed to come off (most of) the codine. 

Excellent news, hopefully the pain will soon sod off altogether and let you have fun xx

1 hour ago, feral chile said:

Can you still get high from cough medicine? I met someone once who kept od'ing on it.

I'm not sure whether there are still over the counter cough medicines that will do that or not. Back in my late teens I used to abuse Do-Do Chesteze. Well, I did until I took too many one evening and thought I was genuinely going to die because my heart rate had accelerated so much that I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I can still recall it now, and how frightening it was. That was the last time I touched them. Very odd tasting too, I seem to remember.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2019 at 9:27 AM, eFestivals said:

funnily enough I was on the gov.uk website yesterday too, where it's telling me I've overpaid PAYE by about £500.

I can't for the life of me work out how come. I reckon my accounting software is much more likely to be right than HMRC.

Anyway, it means that rather than paying HMRC £600 next week as expected - it's what my accounts software says is due - it's covered already and I'll still have that £500 credit sat there to cover much of the payment due in 3 months time. Result!

Ha! 

Turns out my accounting software was right after all, and after a phone call to HMRC i owe HMRC a chunk of money, quite a lot more than the £500 above. :(

Could have been worse I guess. At least I found the problem before the amount got too large to manage.

41 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Ha! 

Turns out my accounting software was right after all, and after a phone call to HMRC i owe HMRC a chunk of money, quite a lot more than the £500 above. :(

Could have been worse I guess. At least I found the problem before the amount got too large to manage.

Oh no!

How did that happen?

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I didn't untick a box in my accounting software when I should have done a couple of years ago, so have been still getting the Employment Allowance rebate after circumstances changed.

That employment allowance was always causing problems, I seem to remember from one of my earlier incarnations. But usually it would be the other way round, the box would suddenly be unticked.

It might not have been all your fault, you have commercial software interacting with HMRC software. 

Edited by feral chile

46 minutes ago, feral chile said:

That employment allowance was always causing problems, I seem to remember from one of my earlier incarnations. But usually it would be the other way round, the box would suddenly be unticked.

It might not have been all your fault, you have commercial software interacting with HMRC software. 

legally it's my fault, and I don't have an issue with paying taxes I'm obliged to pay.

Not sure things are entirely fair with it tho. HMRC didn't tell me I could claim it - and I lost out on 2 years when I might have done :( - so I sort-of feel it's fair if they lose out on 2 years at the other end; they'd still be £4k up on it. ;) 

30 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

legally it's my fault, and I don't have an issue with paying taxes I'm obliged to pay.

Not sure things are entirely fair with it tho. HMRC didn't tell me I could claim it - and I lost out on 2 years when I might have done :( - so I sort-of feel it's fair if they lose out on 2 years at the other end; they'd still be £4k up on it. ;) 

Yes, I don't think it's fair either.

I think in some contact centres, there are often explicit rules about not being allowed to offer information. I'm not talking explicitly government departments here, it happens a lot across the board. South Wales is big on contact centres, so I know a fair few stories, and it's way up there on the frustration list, and sympathetic advisers often risk their jobs to circumvent it.

42 minutes ago, feral chile said:

I think in some contact centres, there are often explicit rules about not being allowed to offer information.

It's not even that. There's no direct contact from HMRC to employers for rule changes for things to employers benefit, but strangely there are for things to HMRC's benefit.

They forgot to tell me; I forgot to tell them. Should be evens, surely, so that I owe them nothing.  ;) 

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It's not even that. There's no direct contact from HMRC to employers for rule changes for things to employers benefit, but strangely there are for things to HMRC's benefit.

They forgot to tell me; I forgot to tell them. Should be evens, surely, so that I owe them nothing.  ;) 

It should be, since you're collecting tax for HMRC via PAYE.

• 2 weeks later...

My neighbour just gave me a nicely sized bag of nice grass. Just out of the blue. That's made me happy.

What do you think of this?

Has it worked? Do you see a piece of 'art', I wonder? If you do, then it's my entry in to this years Royal Academy of Arts - Summer Exhibition. It'll not get chosen though. My work never does. And there's a reason for that, I know. However, it also makes me happy to put an entry in every year. If you can see a so called piece of art, then I should point out that the brown background is actually rusted metal particles. Looks better in the flesh, i think. 

Anyway, that's me done on the talking stoned cobblers front. Well, at least on this thread anyway. Well, for the time being, in any case.

IMG_20200107_202125.jpg

19 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Going diving today in the Philippines to finish my PADI open water :)

Nice one Paul. You're living the life.

Your Padi Open Water cert is your ticket to a whole new world. It's fab that you can use the qualification all over , in order to see what you aren't really designed to see. :)

• 1 month later...