Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

6 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I used to go to Bristol regularly a few decades ago, when my brother was at college there. Always had a fab time there. I've visited relatively recently, and it looks more trendy than a trendy thing. This is a good thing, as I like that kind of c creative community feel to a place.

met a bunch of Aberdonians in town yesterday, flown in for the weekend to see a mate here. They seemed to like it.

20 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

met a bunch of Aberdonians in town yesterday, flown in for the weekend to see a mate here. They seemed to like it.

Yes, I get the impression that it's a buzzing place. I'd quite like to visit there myself. This may happen sooner than later, as my wife's brother (an old school mate of mine) lives there, and we are due a visit to see him and his wife. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2019 at 6:23 PM, ian the worm said:

Sold me house (SSTC). 

I can only assume that you wanted to sell your house, given the thread title. Did you get what you wanted for it? If so, then it easily sits within this thread.

Apologies to those who have read this before (because I have told the tale on here before), but it was my best poker hand, so I love it. I sold my last house a couple of years ago now. The solicitor who was buying it from me (via the use of another solicitor. Apparently they can't do their own conveyancing) strung me along for months and months using every trick in the book. Then at the last minute he told my estate agent that he would only offer me £9.5K less than what he had agreed to months and months beforehand. However, he hadn't banked on me having ascertained where he worked, that he was in rented accommodation costing him a fair whack per month, that I knew his wife was pregnant (and presumably desperate to be in her own home). So, when my estate agent informed me of this via email, I sent her an email back. It stated that the bloke had 24 hours to come back to me with the formerly agreed price (along with some other information)  otherwise I would be putting the asking price up £3.5K, not dropping it £9.5K. He came back the next morning agreeing to the originally agreed price. Got him, the snidey little bastard!

Yes. It was planned. I was offered less but rejected it so they came up to the virtual asking price. 99.2% to be precise. We also had our offer accepted on the house we wanted and that completes a chain of 5. It was seeing the new house that made us put ours on the market so it’s all happened really quick. Solicitors instructed and is all systems go!!!...  

3 hours ago, ian the worm said:

Yes. It was planned. I was offered less but rejected it so they came up to the virtual asking price. 99.2% to be precise. We also had our offer accepted on the house we wanted and that completes a chain of 5. It was seeing the new house that made us put ours on the market so it’s all happened really quick. Solicitors instructed and is all systems go!!!...  

A chain of 5. Now that's a mother fucker. More than happy to hear that you've moved to (or closer to) your dream. I'm there now myself as far as house and home goes. It was a truly shitty route here, but got there in the end.

On 9/19/2019 at 6:49 AM, eFestivals said:

apparently my little bit of Bristol is the 35th coolest place in the world. :lol: 

https://www.timeout.com/coolest-neighbourhoods-in-the-world

"This ever-evolving suburb, a half-hour wander away from the centre of Bristol, is a chilled and friendly haven for hip young families, alternative-leaning young professionals and indie business owners alike".

Which one are you then Neil?

Me and my wife have just been invited to go to Bristol for Saturday and Sunday nights. We've said yes straight away to the proposal, as we both feel that it'll be nice to get away from the lunatic asylum that our house has recently appeared to have become. The invite has come from my wife's brother and his wife. It's unlikely that we'll see much of Bristol though, I suspect, as we'll probably just go in to lock down at their flat for the duration. That said, I may apply a small bit of pressure to maybe go out for a few pints on the Sunday afternoon. I like drinking pints on a Sunday afternoon, whilst conducting a proper post mortem of the night before. This prospect is making me happy right now.

Earlier this year an independent documentary producer working for the BBC made an urgent request to us, asking if they could use our timber cabin to conduct interviews for 'Saving Lives At Sea', as they had been let down at short notice. We duly obliged. Anyway, it's just been shown on the BBC. This is making me happy right now, because watching it has made my wife happy, and that'll do me.

On 10/8/2019 at 9:48 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Earlier this year an independent documentary producer working for the BBC made an urgent request to us, asking if they could use our timber cabin to conduct interviews for 'Saving Lives At Sea', as they had been let down at short notice. We duly obliged. Anyway, it's just been shown on the BBC. This is making me happy right now, because watching it has made my wife happy, and that'll do me.

Was it the first rescue on "Saving Lives at Sea"? assuming it was as the family are from the Midlands

15 minutes ago, OG said:

Was it the first rescue on "Saving Lives at Sea"? assuming it was as the family are from the Midlands

Hello OG,

Well, it was certainly the first story on the episode that I watched. I'm fairly certain that this was the episode shown live last night. just in case - it's the episode where two young female children accidentally went out to sea (away from their parents and the beach) on a toy inflatable. The shots of our cabin are when they interview each parent. They've chosen to make the background blurry, so you can only get a distorted feel for the cabin. The best footage is at the end of the episode, where it shows the two kids playing on the swing in our back garden. That's as clear as, well, a clear thing.

I've had a really great week.

Got Glastonbury tickets on Sunday and have won around £500 over the last couple of days on the gee gees and online poker.

Saw two of my favourite local bands over the last couple of nights as well, who I haven't seen for ages as I've been working the last two or three times they've played.

In fact, local gig wise, it's looking to be a great month. At least three more acts I'm looking forward to and can make.

Pity I have to work the next two days and the weather forcast is total wetness, but I'm determined to let this winning streak see me through such drudgery.

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

I've had a really great week.

Got Glastonbury tickets on Sunday and have won around £500 over the last couple of days on the gee gees and online poker.

Saw two of my favourite local bands over the last couple of nights as well, who I haven't seen for ages as I've been working the last two or three times they've played.

In fact, local gig wise, it's looking to be a great month. At least three more acts I'm looking forward to and can make.

Pity I have to work the next two days and the weather forcast is total wetness, but I'm determined to let this winning streak see me through such drudgery.

Nice one Mr Zigster

I've not long come back from the Alice Cooper gig, with the Stranglers supporting.

And my hair's growing.

39 minutes ago, feral chile said:

Nice one Mr Zigster

I've not long come back from the Alice Cooper gig, with the Stranglers supporting.

And my hair's growing.

I'm starting to go bald again.

I've had alopecia once or twice before. It's always grown back, but, ultimately I'm going to have to face up to the reality that my old bloke hair will ultimately become old bloke hair.

Damn you. I was enjoying myself.

/s (:))

Alice Cooper and The Stranglers! I hope they both did Greatest Hits heavy sets.

5 hours ago, MrZigster said:

I'm starting to go bald again.

I've had alopecia once or twice before. It's always grown back, but, ultimately I'm going to have to face up to the reality that my old bloke hair will ultimately become old bloke hair.

Damn you. I was enjoying myself.

/s (:))

Alice Cooper and The Stranglers! I hope they both did Greatest Hits heavy sets.

Sorry about your hair. I'm irrational about mine. My hairdresser staged an intervention to try to urge me to emotionally detach from long thick uncontrollable frizz and to embrace a well groomed pixie cut or bob.

I can't. No matter how many people, and mirrors, tell me I look better, I identify as a scruffy old rocker. So I've been too embarrassed to return since February.

Alice Cooper and the Stranglers did indeed run through all their hits. They were both awesome.

Edited by feral chile

On 8/6/2019 at 10:21 PM, Paul ™ said:

Booked our ferry back out to get to Portugal for early October for 6 months over the winter :)

And we arrived a couple of days ago, lovely 25-28 degrees too.

Oh and also managed to get Glastonbury tickets (well a friend in our syndicate did), so will be returning there for the first time since 2011 :)

On 10/13/2019 at 10:25 AM, Paul ™ said:

And we arrived a couple of days ago, lovely 25-28 degrees too.

Oh and also managed to get Glastonbury tickets (well a friend in our syndicate did), so will be returning there for the first time since 2011 :)

Good times. Enjoy ?

On 12 October 2019 at 11:22 PM, MrZigster said:

... local gig wise, it's looking to be a great month. At least three more acts I'm looking forward to and can make...

And tonights turn really did not disappoint.

Keith Kenny (From The U.S.A.). Never heard a surname in brackets before, but that's how he introduced himself :).

Just a phenomenal act.

If you can make it to see him in Southampton, Folkestone or Deal over the next three nights then do so.

Think Ed Sheeran schtick. Same type of equipment set up, one man band type thing, but with way more passion and talent.

And for free in a pub ffs! Well. I say free. Twenty quid in for the five large vodka and cokes in two and a bit hours.

Trust me on this. Only about twenty people there. But half of them were from well established local bands who were there on word of mouth and were welling up at the stuff he was pulling off.

• 3 weeks later...

My daughter is studying music at uni and has an essay to do related to the psychology of songwriting. She rang me for a chat on where to start and it has opened new doors for me. It has really set a spark for me and I have found myself reading around music psychology and therapy. I really is nice to feel useful. 

14 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

My daughter is studying music at uni and has an essay to do related to the psychology of songwriting. She rang me for a chat on where to start and it has opened new doors for me. It has really set a spark for me and I have found myself reading around music psychology and therapy. I really is nice to feel useful. 

That sounds really interesting.