Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

4 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

Why are you taking your shed to Green Man?

It would be great if I could - more space than in my caravan - but even if I painted wheels on it I don't think it would tow very well.

Are you going to Green Man this year Ian?

I’m in a foul mood and hiding upstairs in bed..... but the fact that my daughter and her friend have been constantly dancing round the front garden singing the chorus to Mamma Mia (each time slightly louder) for the last hour has finally drawn out a sly smile. 

Edited by ian the worm

25 minutes ago, ian the worm said:

I’m in a foul mood and hiding upstairs in bed..... but the fact that my daughter and her friend have been constantly dancing round the front garden singing the chorus to Mamma Mia (each time slightly louder) for the last hour has finally drawn out a sly smile. 

Nice one. I've also been in bed feeling sorry for myself, but cheered up hearing my husband play a Welsh folk song.

I am still here...despite everything.

Edited by feral chile

• 2 weeks later...

Mrs GH has just booked us a five week holiday to Australia next Spring with a very good deal including flying Business Class with two nights stay en-route in Kuala Lumpur.  Business Class should ensure a decent night's sleep and, hopefully, minimise jet lag.  Will be in Melbourne for nephew's 40th birthday.  Returning via Perth with a couple of days stop-over.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Mrs GH has just booked us a five week holiday to Australia next Spring with a very good deal including flying Business Class with two nights stay en-route in Kuala Lumpur.  Business Class should ensure a decent night's sleep and, hopefully, minimise jet lag.  Will be in Melbourne for nephew's 40th birthday.  Returning via Perth with a couple of days stop-over.

Oh wow very nice indeed.

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 8:23 PM, grumpyhack said:

I've been more than lucky enough to fly Business Class on long haul, a fair number of times (it was an inside blag, your honour!). Anyway, it's the f'ing the bollocks. However, even though you can lie down in your own bed, it doesn't guarantee a good night's sleep. Although, if you haven't just previously taken a shed load of class A's, you should be alright! 

3 hours ago, feral chile said:

That I've realised just now that the Green Man is this weekend, not next weekend.

Pity we're off to France on Sunday :(

Green Man has been sold out for months anyway Feral.  I'm off there tomorrow.  Enjoy France.

2 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Green Man has been sold out for months anyway Feral.  I'm off there tomorrow.  Enjoy France.

I've got tickets, but we're not camping. I just had it in my head it was the last weekend in August. We'd have been so confused - 'it must be around here somewhere, why can't we find it?' 

:D

I mentioned an IT problem that I've had to two IT whizz kids about half an hour ago. It's all to do with a proposed business venture that I propose to go in to. Not only did they nail it, they went beyond my wildest expectations. I had hoped that they would make a process a little bit shorter than I could manage myself. They blew that notion right out of the window, and reduced the amount of input that I have to complete down to a negligible amount. I could have squandered oceans of my limited time on this planet doing what I wanted to do, and now they've negated the need to, essentially, squander so much that time. I am, currently, one well happy bunny.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just pulled yet another of my teeth out with a pliers. This is the third one that I have extracted this way now. It's a kind of surreal experience extracting one's own tooth. There's the pain and then the joy. I heated the end of the pliers over a gas ring on the oven first, and then cooled them down rapidly with cold water. I also had salted water to hand to swill out after the extraction. Now I'm nuking the hole that it has left with a G & T, in the belief that the pure alcohol will assist further to the healing process. I've also just taken two ibuprofen. The upside (and why I am happy) is that the tooth ache has finally gone. The downside is that I've just developed a twinge of a headache, which I think may be because of the stress of the situation. 

Anyway, the last few hours has been hell, but now the tooth pain has gone. And why did I do it myself? Because I couldn't afford to go to the dentists. Them's the breaks!

10 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've just pulled yet another of my teeth out with a pliers. This is the third one that I have extracted this way now. It's a kind of surreal experience extracting one's own tooth. There's the pain and then the joy. I heated the end of the pliers over a gas ring on the oven first, and then cooled them down rapidly with cold water. I also had salted water to hand to swill out after the extraction. Now I'm nuking the hole that it has left with a G & T, in the belief that the pure alcohol will assist further to the healing process. I've also just taken two ibuprofen. The upside (and why I am happy) is that the tooth ache has finally gone. The downside is that I've just developed a twinge of a headache, which I think may be because of the stress of the situation. 

Anyway, the last few hours has been hell, but now the tooth pain has gone. And why did I do it myself? Because I couldn't afford to go to the dentists. Them's the breaks!

That's good and bad.

Good you're not in pain any more, and bad that you had to do it yourself.

I just had dental work, I'm not sure why she extracted the tooth she did, since it was the other one causing pain. She sent me off with antibiotics and isn't interested in sorting out the problem tooth.

You're not missing much.

1 hour ago, feral chile said:

That's good and bad.

Good you're not in pain any more, and bad that you had to do it yourself.

I just had dental work, I'm not sure why she extracted the tooth she did, since it was the other one causing pain. She sent me off with antibiotics and isn't interested in sorting out the problem tooth.

You're not missing much.

Wow, that sounds like a crap service your getting there feral. Negligent even. Anyway, if you ever need a second opinion on your dental needs, then I'm your man. I'll undercut anybody's cost on the tooth extraction front! :)

18 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Wow, that sounds like a crap service your getting there feral. Negligent even. Anyway, if you ever need a second opinion on your dental needs, then I'm your man. I'll undercut anybody's cost on the tooth extraction front! :)

Yes, she doesn't answer direct questions either. I don't want to get myself a bad name, some people here can't find an nhs dentist. But I'm not convinced by her.

I did somebody a favour not so long ago. They were unknown to me personally, but rather than drop them in it, as should have been my duty really speaking, I chose not to, out of general kindness. Guess what's just happened? They've tried to shit on me. So, why am I happy? I'm happy because (1) I absolutely love a battle, (2) because now it's my turn, (3) because I am, in all probability, going to annihilate them - not physically, you understand, just professionally. Silly, silly, fuckers. lol

11 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I did somebody a favour not so long ago. They were unknown to me personally, but rather than drop them in it, as should have been my duty really speaking, I chose not to, out of general kindness. Guess what's just happened? They've tried to shit on me. So, why am I happy? I'm happy because (1) I absolutely love a battle, (2) because now it's my turn, (3) because I am, in all probability, going to annihilate them - not physically, you understand, just professionally. Silly, silly, fuckers. lol

Do they know you helped them, and do they know what they're doing?

I remember one time, falling out with colleagues, and having a fire drill, so stood with the outcasts to avoid them. One of the outcasts bitchily pointed out that I was in the outcast corner. I had to bite my tongue, since not only was she there, the reason I was there was because of a disagreement over how the office had exiled her.

The irony!

4 minutes ago, feral chile said:

Do they know you helped them, and do they know what they're doing?

I remember one time, falling out with colleagues, and having a fire drill, so stood with the outcasts to avoid them. One of the outcasts bitchily pointed out that I was in the outcast corner. I had to bite my tongue, since not only was she there, the reason I was there was because of a disagreement over how the office had exiled her.

The irony!

Hello feral,

Yes, they will have known that I got them out of a very very sticky wicket, and yes, they will have been fully aware of what they chose to do since then. So, as far as I'm concerned they are now fair game. They have taken a very short sighted view and will pay - most likely financially and professionally. I hasten to add that I'm not a mean minded individual (at all), but if i do you a favour, and then you try to stick my nose in it, then I am going to respond (and to quote a line in a film) with extreme and utter prejudice.

I’ve just nailed a wonderful whistle stop 48 hour business trip to two separate manufacturing companies near Paris. The purpose was to discuss technical details and engineer solutions blah blah blah.

Actually rather chuffed with myself as I took charge and showed that I knew my stuff.

At least 2, possibly 3 return trips before Chris*mas. 

xx

PS went to that shithole Euro Disney. Urgh. 

• 4 weeks later...