Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

Finding a certain 'something' just at the right time. Then realizing that you also had recently found a certain 'something else', which you'd held back from being made less so. Then comes the hay maker - realizing that if you combine the two, along with alcohol and fags, then the result is (currently) happiness. 

11 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Finding a certain 'something' just at the right time. Then realizing that you also had recently found a certain 'something else', which you'd held back from being made less so. Then comes the hay maker - realizing that if you combine the two, along with alcohol and fags, then the result is (currently) happiness. 

Is the 'something' Countdown, and the 'something else' a six bag multipack of different flavoured Hula Hoops?

If so then I too recently experienced the very same happiness - good on ya

:-)

2 hours ago, justanotheronethen said:

Is the 'something' Countdown, and the 'something else' a six bag multipack of different flavoured Hula Hoops?

If so then I too recently experienced the very same happiness - good on ya

?

You've hit the nail right on the head there. Countdown, different flavoured Hula Hoops, alcohol, and ciggies - what's not to like about that combo? I actually had some plain Hula Hoops a couple of days ago. I must say that they were, dare I say it, a little bit disappointing. I guess I wasn't in the right frame of mind. Talking of savoury snack there used to be things called Chip Sticks in the 1970's, and possibly 80's. I can't recall seeing them for many a year. I wonder why they went off radar.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You've hit the nail right on the head there. Countdown, different flavoured Hula Hoops, alcohol, and ciggies - what's not to like about that combo? I actually had some plain Hula Hoops a couple of days ago. I must say that they were, dare I say it, a little bit disappointing. I guess I wasn't in the right frame of mind. Talking of savoury snack there used to be things called Chip Sticks in the 1970's, and possibly 80's. I can't recall seeing them for many a year. I wonder why they went off radar.

http://groceries.iceland.co.uk/smiths-chipsticks-salt-and-vinegar-snacks-8x17g/p/63550

3 hours ago, feral chile said:

Hello feral,

Unfortunately those aren't the chip sticks that I was referring to. These ones weren't light and fluffy like those above. They were kind of like hard needles of potato. I'm going to have a look now to see if I can find a photo of them.

Hello feral,

Unfortunately those aren't the chip sticks that I was referring to. These ones weren't light and fluffy like those above. They were kind of like hard needles of potato. I'm going to have a look now to see if I can find a photo of them.

I thought I didn't remember them being those puffy things, I used to like them too.

I can't find them anywhere. Maybe I have a phantom memory of these savoury snacks. Pretty sure that they were around at the same time as Golden Wonder and KP crisps. I think that they may have been made by Smiths, but not certain.

Anyway, remember these;

See the source image

Never liked them.

Yuck. I think you're right about those snacks, I remember them as well.

On 7/17/2018 at 8:31 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello feral,

I hated them as a kid but my dad loved them, most of the supermarkets do their own version   https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/gb/groceries/sainsburys-potato-chip-sticks-150g?dclid=COW0ssfItNwCFYnHUQodpD8ESw&langId=44&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzvm_xMi03AIVrL3tCh1wiw1aEAQYASABEgIN7_D_BwE&storeId=10151&krypto=FM0iiuAWmo1H%2BeVuIliOtGM2Bhiz69dASvsrtjYL4biQ8xglYDX88TeeIeKrBL%2FNC20%2FX3OITDPRr4gAqpR%2Bkprv2hJ2VgRAsCO6PnMbcN8SQNnuYrEMl1KCuDACqFVzGs8JH0tR4t%2F01v3zyWZ7ZjWKBjtTrwazC%2BNoKVAdjLBzJFdPXBK97Jeu2hb%2FsaFrs8BXbocuf4qcsWYzqRYwDOCVGSdKwG8Oz9oMrr2u4xE%3D&ddkey=https%3Agb%2Fgroceries%2Fsainsburys-potato-chip-sticks-150g

Edited by Cheshire Cat
cant get the link to put a photo
  • Upvote 1

Had a phone call today from St Georges in Bristol to say we've got four tickets to see Graham Nash tomorrow.  The concert was sold out when I first tried so I went on a waiting list for returns and this morning a lovely guy rang to say four front row seats have been returned. Even better, Mrs GH has paid for them.

3 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

four front row seats have been returned. Even better, Mrs GH has paid for them.

I have no idea who Graham Nash is (sorry to you grumpy, to Graham himself, and to all those who know of, and appreciate, him. That said, what a fantastic result, getting front row tickets. That sounds insanely lucky.

3 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Even better, Mrs GH has paid for them.

Oh perleease, this is going too far on the lucky luck front. Please share with us the numbers for this Friday's Euro millions. 

Oh, and here's this. Sorry, it may not quite be Graham Nash, but for some unknown, to me, reason I currently believe that it should be posted, and posted right now. And just before you get paranoid grumpy, it's not about you - or me, for that matter. It's just 'because'. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSn2K3eciSc

Hope you are well.

Yog

Yog,

Not knowing Graham Nash isn't quite on the same level as not knowing Bob Dylan, but fairly close.  Graham Nash started in the UK band The Hollies before moving to the US and forming Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young.

Here's three of the four together with a song you must know.

And yes, I'm well, busy painting my shed and looking forward to Green Man.

8 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

Yog,

Not knowing Graham Nash isn't quite on the same level as not knowing Bob Dylan, but fairly close.  Graham Nash started in the UK band The Hollies before moving to the US and forming Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young.

Here's three of the four together with a song you must know.

And yes, I'm well, busy painting my shed and looking forward to Green Man.

That's the one I was thinking of, didn't realise this was them