Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

On 09/03/2018 at 9:40 AM, TheGayTent said:

Great to hear fc 

Thanks TGT.

The goodwill I've received since  my diagnosis has been awesome. If only we could always extend this goodwill to each and every one of us. Kindness costs nothing.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 09/03/2018 at 7:59 AM, eFestivals said:

nice one :)

Thanks Neil. It's so nice to have hair. Apparently the skinhead look is all the rage, and my white hair that I can't dye for 6 months is a nice shade.

So says my hairdresser who has refused to charge me the last 3 times I've seen him and has seen me on days when the salon was closed for business and in a private back room.

Such a kind man.

Edited by feral chile
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, feral chile said:

Thanks Neil. It's so nice to have hair. Apparently the skinhead look is all the rage, and my white hair that I can't dye for 6 months is a nice shade.

So says my hairdresser who has refused to charge me the last 3 times I've seen him and has seen me on days when the salon was closed for business and in a private back room.

Such a kind man.

Hello feral,

The white skinhead look can be very alluring.

What a fab hairdresser. 

1 hour ago, kaosmark2 said:

I have arranged to buy a new car! Getting my cousin's girlfriend's old Micra as they're moving to London. I'm really excited about driving again, primarily for the sense of freedom and opportunity it gives.

I'll have a drink to that bit of good fortune. Hope you have a ball in / at your new horizons.

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'll have a drink to that bit of good fortune. Hope you have a ball in / at your new horizons.

Cheers! It's been a somewhat isolated winter, 4 months since I had to scrap my old one and I've felt its impact. Lots of weekends when I've not had much on and a few months ago would've rung up someone further away and had a jaunt to visit them. Looking forward to a few more spontaneous trips after not travelling without extensive planning.

And it'll get me to festivals this summer :D 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Cheers! It's been a somewhat isolated winter, 4 months since I had to scrap my old one and I've felt its impact. Lots of weekends when I've not had much on and a few months ago would've rung up someone further away and had a jaunt to visit them. Looking forward to a few more spontaneous trips after not travelling without extensive planning.

And it'll get me to festivals this summer :D 

Excellent. Have fun. :)

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, JacquelineS said:

Well, I got him on St. Patrick's Day soI thought I would give him an Irish name that only the Irish can pronounce. ;)

If I seriously thought it was a female bird, which I don't, the choice was Saoirse.

I like the names. Dead cool.

My middle name is Finbarr. I used to hate it, but now less so.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Younger daughter Lizzie marked boyfriend Nathan's birthday yesterday by giving him a ticket (plus one for her) for the Green Man Festival.

He responded by asking her to marry him.  I'm delighted that she said 'Yes.'

So I'm going to have a son-in-law and a nicer bloke you couldn't hope for.  He's kind, gentle and thoughtful and it's wonderful to see two people so much in love.

They met last year at the tiny Blue Lagoon Festival and will join our gang for Green Man.  The joys of festivalling.

I just hope that when they have their Big Day - sometime next year - that they will have checked festival dates for clashes first.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, grumpyhack said:

Younger daughter Lizzie marked boyfriend Nathan's birthday yesterday by giving him a ticket (plus one for her) for the Green Man Festival.

He responded by asking her to marry him.  I'm delighted that she said 'Yes.'

So I'm going to have a son-in-law and a nicer bloke you couldn't hope for.  He's kind, gentle and thoughtful and it's wonderful to see two people so much in love.

They met last year at the tiny Blue Lagoon Festival and will join our gang for Green Man.  The joys of festivalling.

I just hope that when they have their Big Day - sometime next year - that they will have checked festival dates for clashes first.

Lovely news! I'm sure they'll work round the festivals. Be lovely if they could also do one of those hand fastening things at one you all go to. Heard of people doing it at Glastonbury, not sure if anywhere else. Unless not their thing obviously.

After my health scare two months ago (I had lost 100% kidney function and was given less than 2 hours to live) I've just come back from seeing the consultant and he has given me a bit of news that I really wasn't expecting. He told me that my kidneys are now functioning at a normal level again. I really had thought that they wouldn't have recovered that much.

Anyway, I'm now celebrating with a pint of prosecco, and am just about to have a spliff. Not quite what the doctor ordered. 

I urgently needed someone who knew both how to specify and install suitable solar power for a garden chalet. I've just managed to get a hold of someone who can fulfil both criteria, and happens to be someone that I'd rather give money to than most other people. He's a lovely young lad, is a qualified electrical engineer, a DJ, musician, and really naturally friendly bloke. As if that wasn't enough to make you sick, he is, and you must note that I'm not that way inclined, ferociously good looking.

Note to self - watch wife with 'real moving Action Man eyes'.  lol