Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

I've just found my vehicle registration document for my campervan after about two hours of searching for it. Bloody hell but that was a frustrating two hours. Happy I've found it now though.

In addition to the above I've just received an email from a company whose recent competition I entered. They have informed me that I won the prize which has a value of £700. Could be a scam, so will have to wait and see. Not sure how it could be a scam mind. Will now look the company up to see if there's any bad press about it.

15 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

My memory was that you were having all sorts of problems with your camper Yog.  Are they sorted now?

No, unfortunately not. I've been quoted £350 for the repair which is £350 I haven't got right now. Therefore I thought I'd SORN it off the road until I can get enough money to pay for the repair. In the meantime someone has given us a car to use but I need to insure it, which I will be doing via monthly payments which I will activate tonight hopefully. I say hopefully because only my wife has a debit card and she found out yesterday that some company has been taking money from her account without authorisation (and lots of other accounts too according to the bank). She had thought it was me buying stuff initially so didn't think to question it as the sums were low. Anyway, they are now replacing her card so we have to wait for about a week to use it. As luck would have it her brother is calling in this evening on his way back home to Bristol. Hopefully he can pay for the first installment on the insurance and I can give him the last of our cash to cover it. Me and the wife seem to be bouncing off one calamity in to another at the moment. That said, there's no real rush with the campervan as it's the time of year for it to go in to hibernation anyway.

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

No, unfortunately not. I've been quoted £350 for the repair which is £350 I haven't got right now. Therefore I thought I'd SORN it off the road until I can get enough money to pay for the repair. In the meantime someone has given us a car to use but I need to insure it, which I will be doing via monthly payments which I will activate tonight hopefully. I say hopefully because only my wife has a debit card and she found out yesterday that some company has been taking money from her account without authorisation (and lots of other accounts too according to the bank). She had thought it was me buying stuff initially so didn't think to question it as the sums were low. Anyway, they are now replacing her card so we have to wait for about a week to use it. As luck would have it her brother is calling in this evening on his way back home to Bristol. Hopefully he can pay for the first installment on the insurance and I can give him the last of our cash to cover it. Me and the wife seem to be bouncing off one calamity in to another at the moment. That said, there's no real rush with the campervan as it's the time of year for it to go in to hibernation anyway.

Are the bank replacing the money? We had someone phone us and got my husband's card details out of him - luckily, it was only for a dodgy warranty - they treated it as fraud and changed his card, and refunded the money.

32 minutes ago, feral chile said:

Are the bank replacing the money? We had someone phone us and got my husband's card details out of him - luckily, it was only for a dodgy warranty - they treated it as fraud and changed his card, and refunded the money.

I think they are yes.

I recall my mate having his card details used in another part of the country when he could categorically confirm that he wasn't in that part of the country - he was on stage with me at at staff conference in front over well over 1000 employees who could also testify to his whereabouts. They soon gave him his money back. I think that was a case of his card having been 'read' while out of his view in a restaurant. Never let your card out of your sight is the lesson to be learnt there.

Just now, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Tom

Me and the wife decided not to do Glastonbury next year so didn't try for tickets for ourselves. I did manage to get a ticket for another efester this morning though, so that's a result.

ahh! Well there is more to life some say!!

Well done!!:)

5 hours ago, LondonTom said:

Glastonbury ticket in the bag once more!

And the incredible ability of strangers to help each other out, restores the faith in humanity a little 

Same on both counts.  The final tally of tickets our group (formed on these here forums a couple of years ago) bagged was nearly 90.  We got the 77 our group needed and then started taking requests and bagged another dozen.  The same team will be reconvening in April to sort out people who've since come forwards as disappointed amongst those we know.

2 of my work colleagues are coming, one for his first ever festival and another who once went to Glastonbury at "some point in the 90s" without a tent, who had a cracking time and remembers basically nothing, including which year it was.

This morning was tense as hell, many of us struggled to sleep last night and I was up at 5am with the fear, worth every moment to know we'll be back together in a few months time, basically wiping out a major chunk of Darble and further destroying it's reputation as a quiet field :D

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Same on both counts.  The final tally of tickets our group (formed on these here forums a couple of years ago) bagged was nearly 90.  We got the 77 our group needed and then started taking requests and bagged another dozen.  The same team will be reconvening in April to sort out people who've since come forwards as disappointed amongst those we know.

2 of my work colleagues are coming, one for his first ever festival and another who once went to Glastonbury at "some point in the 90s" without a tent, who had a cracking time and remembers basically nothing, including which year it was.

This morning was tense as hell, many of us struggled to sleep last night and I was up at 5am with the fear, worth every moment to know we'll be back together in a few months time, basically wiping out a major chunk of Darble and further destroying it's reputation as a quiet field :D

Glad to hear that you got a ticket Spindles.

2 minutes ago, feral chile said:

Hope the plan works out for you yog xx

Cheers feral. :)

Not being pessemistic but, like a lot of my plans, it may well result in a fair bit of effort going nowhere. However, I'll not be happy unless I try. I'm in a bouyant mood and feel able to take on challenges. A far cry from a week or so ago where I felt drained just from all the shit i was having to face.

Hope that things are good at your end.

xxx

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Cheers feral. :)

Not being pessemistic but, like a lot of my plans, it may well result in a fair bit of effort going nowhere. However, I'll not be happy unless I try. I'm in a bouyant mood and feel able to take on challenges. A far cry from a week or so ago where I felt drained just from all the shit i was having to face.

Hope that things are good at your end.

xxx

yes, they are, thanks yog. I'm feeling unusually calm and resilient at the moment.

Must be something in the air :)

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing my youngest step daughter in Wizard of Oz, and spending a great afternoon with the eldest step daughter. Despite the stress of bringing them up, turning off their lights, picking up their washing, and occasional arguments etc, today is that big light at the end of the tunnel.

Yes, I know, it will all be different tomorrow, ha ha.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Seeing my youngest step daughter in Wizard of Oz, and spending a great afternoon with the eldest step daughter. Despite the stress of bringing them up, turning off their lights, picking up their washing, and occasional arguments etc, today is that big light at the end of the tunnel.

Yes, I know, it will all be different tomorrow, ha ha.

It will when you find that you can't get in to the bathroom again. lol  Really though - nice one, really made up for you. :)