Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

Thanks to all for the congratulations. I know all this love stuff will make you want to puke. If you think that may happen to you, you had probably not better read on.

I'm happy because since I left school I've always been searching for something and never found it. Deep down I really felt unhappy for decades even though I had my family, friends, etc. Now all that searching is over as I've found the thing that I was looking for. I didn't realise that it was going to come in the shape of a soulmate, but it has. I cannot begin to describe how the lifting of that burden of unhappiness feels. There are no words to describe it.

So, yes I have asked Hendricks to marry me. Not only that but we are hoping to get married at a venue a stones throw away from Glastonbury. We drive down to Somerset in two weeks time to see if they will accept us having our marriage there.

Sorry if the above has made you feel queasy.

CONGRATS :D:D

Recording the first E.P tomorrow for my new project Haydn & The Normals. Includes a song about my uni lecturer called Pillhead, a song that samples automated answering machines from various different companies to a Sly & The Family stone esque funk riff called Hold Music, and a dub reggae cover of Rock The Casbah, made famous by The Clash. Cannot wait :D

• Upvote 1

Just received a letter of acceptance from the Royal Navy for me joining the subs! :dancer:

my cousin is very highly ranked in the Subs - Commander I think (but might be remembering wrong). I'll put a word in for you - I'm sure he'll put you to the front of the queue to play "find the golden rivet"!!

my cousin is very highly ranked in the Subs - Commander I think (but might be remembering wrong). I'll put a word in for you - I'm sure he'll put you to the front of the queue to play "find the golden rivet"!!

Haha I'll be getting court marshaled for refusing then! :P oddly enough I'm joining as a marine engineer so will constantly be in the bowels looking a nuts, bolts, rivets, pipes etc

• 1 month later...

Now at 13.5 stone, which is okay for my 6' large-set frame.

Another stone or two to go before I'm 100% cut. Context: 14 months ago when I started hitting the gym I was 18.5 stone, as of couple of months ago I was 15 stone.

Rock Ness was the first time I went around bare-chested (soaking up the sun) since I was a teenager. Was awesome not least as I appeared to be the least-fat man in my camping neighbourhood.

Planning to be somewhere between 12.5 and 13 stone for Kendal, and planning to drink enough Real Ale to put me back up to 18.5 :beerhat:

Now at 13.5 stone, which is okay for my 6' large-set frame.

Another stone or two to go before I'm 100% cut. Context: 14 months ago when I started hitting the gym I was 18.5 stone, as of couple of months ago I was 15 stone.

Rock Ness was the first time I went around bare-chested (soaking up the sun) since I was a teenager. Was awesome not least as I appeared to be the least-fat man in my camping neighbourhood.

Planning to be somewhere between 12.5 and 13 stone for Kendal, and planning to drink enough Real Ale to put me back up to 18.5 :beerhat:

Well done fir the weight loss, now the hard work starts...

I lost a similar amount 3 years or so back and have put a stone back on which is ok the amount I lost.

So well done and hope yiu keep it of.

Thanks. I have a gym class I do (each day) that I really love, I'll be keeping it up even when I'm not looking to cut any more fat out. I've also radically changed the diet.

I'm also lucky that, Real Ale aside, most of my vices are calorie free and even up the metabolism. ;-)

Sorry but not a good look for any self respecting man :P

I never never, ever claimed to have self-respect. :startle:

And since when was a Festival for "looking good"? I went to feel good, and getting scorched all was part of that. :sungum:

I mean, dude, I was the one dressed in ladies pink pyjama bottoms. Because they were comfy. And pink. And ladies pyjamas (which is quite important if you're not Theon Greyjoy).

It's Zumba, isn't it? :D

Heh, you mock but I considered Zumba. To be honest it's a bit low-energy for me.

I'm doing the Les Mills aerobic class Body Attack (every day). It's brutal but it's not just got the weight off, it's given me mad strength in the legs and a core of iron. I'm now thinking of adding a new Les Mills dance/cardio class called "SH'BAM" to the mix. It's their direct assault on Zumba but looks like a much better workout, as well as pretty funky.

I loved dancing - last time I was fit I was living overseas, attended endless D&B/Jungle squatter parties. At Rock Ness I had enough groove to get some lady attention, which was flattering for a former fattie, but I'm still needing a bit more work before I Saturday Night Live the motherfucking marquee like it ain't no thang.

Edited by viberunner

I never never, ever claimed to have self-respect. :startle:

And since when was a Festival for "looking good"? I went to feel good, and getting scorched all was part of that. :sungum:

I mean, dude, I was the one dressed in ladies pink pyjama bottoms. Because they were comfy. And pink. And ladies pyjamas (which is quite important if you're not Theon Greyjoy).

Heh, you mock but I considered Zumba. To be honest it's a bit low-energy for me.

I'm doing the Les Mills aerobic class Body Attack (every day). It's brutal but it's not just got the weight off, it's given me mad strength in the legs and a core of iron. I'm now thinking of adding a new Les Mills dance/cardio class called "SH'BAM" to the mix. It's their direct assault on Zumba but looks like a much better workout, as well as pretty funky.

I loved dancing - last time I was fit I was living overseas, attended endless D&B/Jungle squatter parties. At Rock Ness I had enough groove to get some lady attention, which was flattering for a former fattie, but I'm still needing a bit more work before I Saturday Night Live the motherfucking marquee like it ain't no thang.

I attempted Body Attack once - I suspected I resembled a baby giraffe on speed. I love BodyCombat, BodyJam and had a love/hate relationship with BodyPump. Jam is infinitely funkier than Zumba but not usually high in the energy stakes.

I once attempted BodyBalance too, but spent most of it face down on the mat having a fit of the giggles, much to the disapproval of the instructor.

Congrats on your weight loss, it sounds hard-earned!

Cheers!!

Body Attack took me weeks and weeks to "get". My first experiences were horrific, always out of step, always out of breath. It takes some time but before you know it you'll know the routine, know the moves, and at THAT point you can start to focus on form and giving it all.

Body Jam isn't high energy, it's more choreography (or so I'm told). That's why the same people are introducing SH'ZAM, it's an energy-upped / cardio version of Jam. Apparently "like Attack meets Jam" which is exactly what I want - dance and cardio.

Combat, Pump and Balance are all excellent. I've done a little of each and would recommend them to anyone.