Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

• 2 weeks later...

Sorted my new (well new to me car). Towbar fitted yesterday and today I took it back to the car lot in Bristol where I bought it and they replaced the back discs and pads under warranty after I complained they were looking rough.

Good service.

So now ready to hook up the caravan and start heading off to festivals.

Just sorted through all my emails. i had over 3000 unread emails, I never delete anything! it was fun finding out what I'd been buying and talking about back in 2007!

No point in e-mailing you then. And I was going to suggest a pre-Glasto South Wales EFests meet - you'd probably make it in 2020.

Edited by grumpyhack

No point in e-mailing you then. And I was going to suggest a pre-Glasto South Wales EFests meet - you'd probably make it in 2020.

Ha! seriously, would love to get to an efests meet, now I've finally come out of hibernation for the summer. And I have an empty inbox now! (oo missus!)

After getting fucked over by my agency over pay I got the union involved. At long last I will be getting the same rate as the permanent staff. It is nearly double the rate I get now. We are going to challenge them to see if I can get it back dated. Given that I don't get that many hours I still don't earn a huge amount, but I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Its been a really difficult couple of years and it was all starting to get on top of me.

At the same time my 2 eldest are moving back for a year or so and we have agreed to just split the bills. I may even have cash to spoil myself once I clear all I owe and the like :-)

Got loads of things to look forward to next term, Glasto, finishing my second year at Uni, and just life in general.

Also, going to work extra hard with my band as well, I'm thinking a gig every other week, regardless of where it is or how many people are there, as long more we play, the more people will recognize us, the more success we will get as it goes on. Most people on here say that it's about who you know, well, (and I know this may sound niave) I think it's time to change that.

When I was there Dahab was still a backpacker hangout sort of place, (cheap cafes/hotels/diving/weed. police turned a bit of a blind eye as long as you weren't blatant) but they seemed to be trying to clean it up, turn it a bit more like Sharm. No idea if they succeeded.

ETA just had a look at Taba Heights. Unless there has been crazy levels of development then no.

Edited by philipsteak

just discovered this facebook page and it needs sharing. basically a guy called jim paints peoples bizarre requests in microsoft paint, he is amazingly talented. here is jim'll paint it: (his page was probably once a funny parodied name, but has now sadly become not so funny)

http://www.facebook.com/JimllPaintIt?ref=ts&fref=ts

Here's an example, this is his latest post:

Dear Jim,

Please paint me the T-Rex attack scene from Jurassic Park, but the T-Rex is the band T-Rex.

559471_178048915682054_247124652_n.jpg

you can make a request on his page, he lets people vote which one he paints from his favourite requests.

i think his work is amazing!!!

(i dont know if i need his permission, but seems as though i have credited and linked to his page it shouldnt be a problem)

Last few times I went to Sharm it was crawling with female Russian prostitutes. I'd only go there now in order to head off out to sea to go diving for a week. It's quite a charmless place, in my opinion.

Other than organised day trips and diving I doubt we'll escape the confines of the hotel...

Truly happy. I am going to marry Yog on a stick.

Luckiest girl in the world. He has divine taste in all things and thinks.

He may be perturbed that I've posted this, but I would like your gang to know he is an immense, kind, profound and reckless character. I cannot sleep, too much in love.

Apologies for sop.

One and only fault - he won't play scrabble.

• Upvote 2