Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

Been told at work that I've won some kind of staff voted award.Either 'All Round Good Guy' or 'Best Worker',boss won't tell me until tomorrow she's just teasing me lol.I'm not sure which I'd prefer to be honest...

Or the biggest snitch award, sorry couldnt resist.

• Upvote 1

Or the biggest snitch award, sorry couldnt resist.

I was thinking you'd put a reply in as I was writing the post you sod.I had a chat with the lad who I was discussing the other day and told him that I'd ended up in conversation with the trainee assistant about him and told him what I said.He admitted he'd lost his passion and drive at the moment.

Currently hungover. I made the decision to do a pub crawl last night a couple of weeks ago, it wasn't falling off the wagon so much as planning testing myself. Regardless, I'm really pleased with the result. I had a fun night, enjoyed myself immensely, yet didn't feel it was so phenomenally better that I'm tempted to go back to drinking regularly.

I'm really pleased that the temptation to resume isn't there. Part of it is the hangover, but I think even without it I wouldn't be in a hurry to repeat the drinking side of the night

• Upvote 1

My mate got her mobile nicked when we went clubbing the other night, and the security guards searched every single person who walked out the club as soon as she reported it and eventually found the guy who took her phone and arrested him.

Even though it sucks that she got her mobile pick pocketed, I was really impressed with the way that the bouncers dealt with the situation, within minutes of her reporting it there were police outside the place waiting to arrest the fella.

Shame the club lacked atmosphere and charged ridiculous prices for booze.

Edited by BlackHole2006

Searched everyone who left? I would of told them to do one...

I suspect that the alternative is that you would not be allowed to leave and that the old bill would be called, and then they'd search you.

So whatever you do you get searched, but by letting the bouncers do it you get to go home when you want and not when the old bill fancy letting someone who has bothered them unnecessarily take their leave - which wouldn't be quick (it's a standard trick of theirs, to cause maximum inconvenience to anyone who won't jump to their orders).

I suspect that the alternative is that you would not be allowed to leave and that the old bill would be called, and then they'd search you.

So whatever you do you get searched, but by letting the bouncers do it you get to go home when you want and not when the old bill fancy letting someone who has bothered them unnecessarily take their leave - which wouldn't be quick (it's a standard trick of theirs, to cause maximum inconvenience to anyone who won't jump to their orders).

I remember when I was sweet 16, catching the last train home from Cardiff up the Valleys. And being unused to cardiff, we didn't realise there was more than one train destination going through the same platform so we didn't realise we were on the wrong train until we were on the outskirts of Cardiff. We jumped off, and a kindly man showed us where the police station was, and vouched for the fact that we'd made a genuine mistake, because he'd overheard us.

They kept us waiting for 5 hours and refused to notify our parents, because they thought we were after a lift in the police car. None of us had house phones (it was back in the dark ages) and it was 4 in the morning before they relented and got our local station to contact anyone.

Edited by feral chile

I would wait for the cops.... I like being a pain in the arse.... It's the fucking principle...

doing the same isn't beyond me either, but having done it on enough occasions in the past I've wised up to the extent to at least think about whether I want to spend the next 4 hours in the company of the old bill just because I want to be awkward.

Would the cops come if a bouncer rang them up saying someone might or might not have stolen property on them?

In the end of the day there only bouncers.

yep, they defo would (other demands on their time permitting).

Since bouncers started getting badged (it didn't work the same way to the same extent before then), the old bill see them as a secondary police force to some extent, people who are on their side.

Not only that, licenced premises are expected to work with the old bill in ensuring that licence conditions are complied with, and that gets to mean that it works back the other way, that the old bill work with the licenced premises.

Essentially, the old bill give bouncers support and bouncers give the old bill support. They consider themselves to be on the same side against law breakers.

Be interesting to explore the legality of their false imprisonment as well.

It's not 'false imprisonment' to detain someone when there is reasonable suspicion to detain them.

And the way that 'reasonable suspicion' pans out in reality is that refusal to comply with a reasonable request to be searched after a crime has been committed is suspicion enough.

It's worth bearing in mind that when you enter the those premises you're agreeing to give those bouncers a right over you while you're in those premises (normally there's a sign which says so) - and so you have already agreed to their right to search you by entering the premises. If you then refuse to be searched (after having agreed to be searched by entering) that raises a suspicion about why you're refusing to be searched.

Edited by eFestivals

Essentially, the old bill give bouncers support and bouncers give the old bill support. They consider themselves to be on the same side against law breakers.

Refusing a search a law break?

Im interested as a couple of years ago I was taking pictures in a city centre and was asked by 2 officers if they could search my bag, me and to look what I had been taking pictures of.

I refused and had a discussion and they them said someone of my description was banned from the city centre and asked for my name and address. They then talked to someone on the radio and then said you can carry on now.

They didnt get there search.