Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

Deputy manager had a word in my ear earlier at work and apparently the new boss who'd only in her second week wants to make me a supervisor already despite the fact I've only been here going on a month,full time for two weeks,due to my high standards.

Even if it doesn't happen I feel assured of continuing on full time hours.

Mainly I'm happy because I've done something I haven't done in years, written creatively (fiction!).

I'd love you guys to have a look and let me know what you think.

(Sorry it's a little off topic, but I'm just happy to have done something productive for a change, and I wanted to share it.)

It's a little short, Hallowe'en themed story

http://pxM3F-w

Thanks guys! :)

If you pop into Daliburgh Coop then look out for a woman with the name tag Marjory,that's my mum lol!Say hello and it'll make her day,after being flustered and confused as to how you know me haha.Don't mention any of my worries I've written though lol.

I think I remember Wullie saying something about he was related to Duncan who used to drive for Hebridean Coaches,or am I making that up?

Your mum wasn't there when we were in, just a couple of young lassies on the tills. Aye, you're right about Willie's relations at Howbeg. You must have a good memory!

Had a superb week on South Uist and the weather was kind again. They've told us that if it's the same when we go back next time then they are not letting us off the island!

Your mum wasn't there when we were in, just a couple of young lassies on the tills. Aye, you're right about Willie's relations at Howbeg. You must have a good memory!

Had a superb week on South Uist and the weather was kind again. They've told us that if it's the same when we go back next time then they are not letting us off the island!

Aww that's a shame about my mum,that would of blown her mind haha!

Aye there's not much I forget about home.I miss it a lot and have nothing but positive memories.

Glad you had a great time and weather was good,its always a bonus.It was miserable last time I was back including blowing a cigarette clean out of my hand with a gust but you've got to laugh lol.

Feeling happy in general today.Got paid finally and used it all to clear off some rent arrears and pay my virgin bill so should have tv and internet access tonight and also went to see my landlord and explain my situation and get electric after living like a monk the past week reading by candlelight,I can finally have a cup of tea at home now!

Will be a week clean and sober tomorrow and feeling good about that,my relationship with my father has improved greatly this past week after breaking down and admitting everything to him last week and asking for help.

I'm going out tonight for a birthday party so this is mg first big test again after falling off the wagon last week but I've told everyone I'm not drinking,although not the reason why,and I have no desire at all to drink.

TReated myself to a warm winter jumper and hat today,my treat until I get paid again in two weeks.

Just about to book my bus up to my dads next week aswell.

So yeah,feeling great!!!Full of energy aswell.

• Upvote 2

metallimuse, I'm out of likes, but that is a brilliant post. I'm really glad to read that you are getting your shit so sorted, I know it hasn't been easy for you. I also cleared some rent arrears and am knuckling down for a winter of rising fuel bills, so I hear you on that :) Fair play to you for the relationship with your dad thing, that sort of thing can be so hard to deal with.

metallimuse, I'm out of likes, but that is a brilliant post. I'm really glad to read that you are getting your shit so sorted, I know it hasn't been easy for you. I also cleared some rent arrears and am knuckling down for a winter of rising fuel bills, so I hear you on that :) Fair play to you for the relationship with your dad thing, that sort of thing can be so hard to deal with.

Aye feeling good mate but I had the rug pulled out from under me slightly,never smooth sailing is it lol?

Had the night off yesterday but popped into work after I posted and found out that we've all been over paid due to a fuck up at head office and I actually owe work £300!This was after I'd outlined a payment plan to my landlord guaranteeing him money every two weeks.Luckily my boss has gone on all out war with head office and demanded that we all be given plenty of time to pay the money back in gradual installments and my dad has offered to help aswell now that our relationship is stronger and I've told him everything.

I felt absolutely gutted at the time though it was a real kicker after a great 24 hours but its not all doom and gloom.

everyone has set backs. Try not to let it cloud the good stuff... onwards and upwards!

If an employer overpays you, surely there has to be some arrangement for you to pay them back over time (if at all?). It's not your cock-up... they have to accept some responsibility, no?

Oh I'm still happy and smiley and cracking on but literally when she told me about the mistake I was gutted.I could of genuinely cried due to how much of a rollercoaster my life has been recently lol.Just felt Luke the rug was yanked out from under me and I walked off deflated but quickly pulled myself together within an hour and went back to see her after crunching some numbers.

Head office originally said they would dock it from our next pay check so it would of meant all of us having to last the month on what we've just been paid unless we work in excess of what they overpaid but I explained there was no way I could afford to do that after guaranteeing my landlord money every two weeks to continue paying off my arrears.By my math its going to take me three pay days (6 weeks) to pay back work what I owe aswell as be able to pay my landlord what I agreed,leaving me only £50 to live on every two weeks.That's on the provision I get 40 hours rotad to me every week.

You're back working and at your own place?That's excellent news mate.How's the health?

All good. Tests all came back negative for unpleasant things and docs have said it's just a bad viral infection and they needed to be cautionary.

And yeah, back working, back at my own place is excellent. Good times.

I've recently started up a band with a couple of my mates called The Business Trip, and I decided to contact a few venues, and one venue wants us to headline!

So chuffed! biggrin.png

Nice band name, share with us your dates when you know them.

Finding a Xmas postcard to my Gran from my Grandad that I'd never seen before. It's stamped 13 Dec 44. Not sure where from exactly, but he would have been somewhere in Holland on active service after the battles in and around Arnhem and Nijmegan and the rivers of Maas and Waal.

Seems slightly surreal to read his handwriting 25 years since I last saw him - he passed away in 1987.

• Upvote 3

that qatada bloke is on bail again ................................i thought hed been kicked out to the U.S weeks ago its costing us 5million a year .............................................................................................

that qatada bloke is on bail again ................................i thought hed been kicked out to the U.S weeks ago its costing us 5million a year .............................................................................................

what's costing £5M a year is all the spurious attempts by the govt to make illegal attempts to deport him legal!!!

If Teresa may didn't spunk a fortune on worthless agreements with a torturing nation and then court cases to try and back those up, he would be costing about £40k a year the same as any other prisoner.

Just because he might - and I stress 'might' - be a terrorist does not mean that he has no rights, no matter how much the very stupid want to deny him those rights.