Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

lol. You have just reminded me of a story. When I was at nursing school at an old style mental hospital most of the students lived on site. The women lived in halls and the blokes had house shares. I was 18, a virgin, and incredibly shy. I had gone out a couple of times with a 3rd year student and one night we went for a drink at the hospital club and then I have her a peck on the cheek as a night night. I went home and about am hour later got a phonecall. It was the lass calling from her halls saying there was a spider in her room and could I come and remote it. I ran up to the halls, stepped over the spider, to see this lady scantily dressed on the bed. Anyway I grabbed the spider, threw it you of the window and them said my goodbyes. On the walk back to my house I realised that she would have had to step over the spider to get to the phone so she was not that scared. When I got in I told the story to a housemate and got a slap across the face. I was too embaressed to in back. :-(

I feel your pain. The stupidity of being shy has cursed me too in the past.

I'm off to a wedding today, with a bunch of festival friends, which marks the start of a week off work, with another festival wedding next weekend and a week walking & camping in the lakes in between. With http://festival.london2012.com/events/9000961275 in between.

It's been a tough few weeks, celebration is very much in order!

• Upvote 1

My next door neighbour's sister house sat for us when we went on one holiday and it turned out that she had a huge spider phobia and came across four or five spiders around the house. We'd never noticed any before but maybe for those people with a phobia they are more noticeable. She told us afterwards that placing conkers around the house gives off an odour that discourages spiders.

I don't know if it's an old wives tale but we got in a plentiful collection of conkers before her next stay and she didn't spot a spider. Maybe worth trying.

I also remember many years ago my younger daughter Lizzie (then about eight) screamed when she found a daddy longlegs in the bath. "Oh that's OK, he's my pet Boris," I explained as I gently lifted him out of the window.

Ever since then spiders have been known as Boris in our house and Lizzie now thinks of them as fun.

Unfortunately, I'm testament to the power of learning by modelling, as all my children are terrified of spiders, my daughter and 3 sons.

at least your Boris had a happier escape than the original:

You could get yourself one of these which are designed to suck up spiders so that you can then take them outside where you propel them out of the tube.

http://www.amazon.co...39841656&sr=8-1

i think that's oine for my Wish List, i did have one before that I was given, but I think my daughter nicked it.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my mates annual summer party to go to in London this weekend. I haven't been to his party in years now so it's going to be good going back. A bit of nostalgia. Plus the parties tend to just run on until the Sunday afternoon without break from early evening Saturday. For the first time in since last Glasto I'll be gurning for my country again. Got the Monday off work too as Sunday night may see us going out on the town!! Hopefully it'll lift me out of a fug I've been in all week.

Got confirmation of my tax rebate through today. £1300. Back of the net. B)

Now I play the waiting game for the cheque to arrive :)

Good luck with that. :lol:

To get them to pay me my last rebate I had to claim to be so poor that I couldn't eat....

"Give me my money".

"You're sounding a bit angry".

"yes, that's because I've not eaten for 5 days because you have all my money".

"I don't have the authority to release it".

"Then tell me where your office is so I can come and ask you face to face".

"I've just released it".

HMRC really are the world's most incompetent w*nkers. The last call I had from them was because ...

"you've not done the employers year end form".

"They're on your online system".

"but they're not on our back office systems"

"and whose fault it that? Show me the 'submit' button on the online forms so I can send them to you".

"there is no submit button".

Etc, etc, etc.

Am still waiting on the come-back from that convo. They'll no doubt try and fine me because their systems are so shit. ;)

Good luck with that. :lol:

To get them to pay me my last rebate I had to claim to be so poor that I couldn't eat....

"Give me my money".

"You're sounding a bit angry".

"yes, that's because I've not eaten for 5 days because you have all my money".

"I don't have the authority to release it".

"Then tell me where your office is so I can come and ask you face to face".

"I've just released it".

HMRC really are the world's most incompetent w*nkers. The last call I had from them was because ...

"you've not done the employers year end form".

"They're on your online system".

"but they're not on our back office systems"

"and whose fault it that? Show me the 'submit' button on the online forms so I can send them to you".

"there is no submit button".

Etc, etc, etc.

Am still waiting on the come-back from that convo. They'll no doubt try and fine me because their systems are so shit. ;)

I've already been trough all that, and the cheque is now in the post.

Going to Christen my new festival tent with a spot of pre- festival camping this Friday. Got the day off and am heading to the coast for the weekend. This is making me happy at the moment. It'll also make me happy to learn how to pitch the tent before having to do so in festival conditions. In addition it'll provide me with the scale I need to know if the tent will go in between already pitched tents. First spot of camping since last Glasto.

Going off to DeMontfort Uni this weekend to see a mate and go on a night out in Leicster. Passed the first year at my own year.

Also after many endless problems with the estate agents and the landlord... managed to secure a flat for next year and get the payments.

ALSO watched Human Traffic again today. Definately my favourite film of all time.

LIFES GOOD!