Things that ur happy about

BlackHole2006

The Malt Shovel does live music? Cool. I'll be in there on Saturday!

Anyway - my happy news - my nan arrived at my mum and dad's house last night, so I popped over to see her. The first visit she's had since I got married in 2007.

She was really well, very upbeat and looking forward to our weekend with the family down south.

I'm really proud of her. :P

I think it's only every other Thursday they do an open mic thing down there and it's my mates second home, so his band said why not. It was a really decent gig and they were very tight, the bassist was very impressive.

Good news on your nan, It's always nice to see family/relatives after a long period of time. Me and my mates are planning on seeing my friend in wales this summer, who I havn't seen in 2 years. That sould be fun :P

No, we had a good natter last night and she kept saying how she's trying her hardest and it's just what Grandad would have wanted her to do.

Then she told me she really enjoyed listening to Elbow when my dad had them on in the car on the journey down. The last album she bought was George Formby. I thought this was tremendous. She disapproved of The Beatles so I was quite surprised.

Nice, and good on her, just cos folk are old, and things can really change like a death, life goes on. I am jealous as you sound a really supportive family, and I hope that I will be like that for my kids or them me.

My mate has just asked me if I could be a singer/rythem guitarist for his band and I said yes!

Band practice is tommorow 2 till 6!

SO EXCITED.

I've been in bands before and toured about with bands. I've alwasys prefered just touring about, doing the merch for a bit and that. Means you can get f**ked. Oh, and it's well easy to tour man, save up a bit and enjoy the tour, but just try and play with decent promoters who may not promise pay, but promise a party and a floor to sleep on instead.

I'll give you nice wee venues to play to and from places as well which will 9 times out of 10 give you some cash.

I've been in bands before and toured about with bands. I've alwasys prefered just touring about, doing the merch for a bit and that. Means you can get f**ked. Oh, and it's well easy to tour man, save up a bit and enjoy the tour, but just try and play with decent promoters who may not promise pay, but promise a party and a floor to sleep on instead.

I'll give you nice wee venues to play to and from places as well which will 9 times out of 10 give you some cash.

Yeh tommorows gonna be a trial run for me and then if they like me then their going to keep me as their singer/ rythem guitarist. I think they havn't been around for a while so touring is a bit less of a possiblility but they have played gigs in the past.

And nice one, I think were gonna be looking into playing some small pubs first though for practice but I like a small gig venue. Really looking forward to it though cause I've never played in a band and have been despirate to be in one for ages plus they said that they would do a cover of a Pixies song, just for me :P

3 day week next week :P

then a 4 dayer the week after :P

Also found out today that I got through for an interview with the job application I did last week :P

i've got a three day week aswell, it's a silly week though. off monday, in tuesday and wednesday, off thursday then in friday. stupid.

good luck with the interview ;)

i've got a three day week aswell, it's a silly week though. off monday, in tuesday and wednesday, off thursday then in friday. stupid.

good luck with the interview :P

I'm in mon-wed. off thursday for interview, then bank holiday friday and monday

Cheers!

I'm sooooooooooooooooooo happy coz ive just been chatting on msn with one of my best friends who lives in liverpool, about how boring this weekend is, and he's decided (with a bit of gentle persuasion :P ) to jump in the car and drive up for the weekend :P

He's only just passed his driving test so hes a bit worried about getting lost but he'll be fine (i hope!) and shud hopefully arrive about half 2/3 am :P;):O:)

I think i'm due a rebate then, any idea how that works? I'm not all that clued up on that kinda stuff...

And if i am ill be very happy about that!

When I got a rebate I just received a letter, never knew I was due one. What a lovely £1800 suprise that was :P

I think i'm due a rebate then, any idea how that works? I'm not all that clued up on that kinda stuff...

And if i am ill be very happy about that!

Might be worth giving your tax office a ring to see if you are entitled, what you might get, and if they need anything to get it sorted. I'm sure someone on here will know a bit more about it than me tho :P

I need to get into my bank and pay some money into my ISA before Thursday

Just wondering because when i started working 7 months ago i started getting taxed although i was told you needed to earn 4k? before you get taxed usually, and was also told i should get a percentage of what i had been taxed back which would be very nice.

Were you on Basic Rate when you started? If so then should be will be due a rebate. Thats what happened with me. Once we got to the bottom of it, it didnt take long and I got a nice wee rebate.

Edited by minute5072

I've got a few beers in the fridge for tommorow, Rachel's off so we can go to the pub for a bit and we got a giant Pizza Express pizza last night on the cheap in Sainsurys for dinner. Happy days. :P