Kings of Leon

Guest luckysalt

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But they've never headlined V.

Well they did second stage in 2004

RHCP, Foos, Coldplay, David Gray all played high main stage at V2001 and then V put the same line up out in 2003 and it did record numbers I believe.

Whats popular is popular, and KOL are f**king huge right now.

They're gunna get back Lady Gaga and Pendulum after last year cus they're big and getting bigger, V don't care about repeat bookings as long as its gunna sell, and the top four of Kings of Leon/Stereophonics/The Prodigy/Kasabian will sell the festival out easy. Thats all they give a shit about, trust me.

Have I missed something somewhere?, where is the source for these four bands?, or are you all talking bullshit as usual?.

The Kings of Leon surly wouldn’t play will they?, they had such a negative reaction to their Reading performance, to then ring them a few weeks / months later and ask them to headline V sounds crazy!.

Vfestival is going to get an even worse reputation if it continues to regurgitate line-ups. All you’ve mentioned is dull…dull… dull.

Have I missed something somewhere?, where is the source for these four bands?, or are you all talking bullshit as usual?.

The Kings of Leon surly wouldn’t play will they?, they had such a negative reaction to their Reading performance, to then ring them a few weeks / months later and ask them to headline V sounds crazy!.

Vfestival is going to get an even worse reputation if it continues to regurgitate line-ups. All you’ve mentioned is dull…dull… dull.

Occasionally they surprise us.

The truth is that not all the bill is predictable, there’s consistently a very small portion of it which they throw in a few unusual bookings.

This year those bookings might be headliners?, so until thats ruled out, I’m still praying like f**k that they book somebody decent.

We said it would take a lot to get us back to V this year since the steady decline from 05', either Pearl Jam or REM headlining would swing it or a strong line up during the day. Yes, there's repetition at every festival but to have the top 4 acts repeated from just 2 years ago shows a distinct lack of imagination.

But as we all kniw if you don't like the lineup f**king shut up moaning and go to another festival! There's enought out there.

We said it would take a lot to get us back to V this year since the steady decline from 05', either Pearl Jam or REM headlining would swing it or a strong line up during the day. Yes, there's repetition at every festival but to have the top 4 acts repeated from just 2 years ago shows a distinct lack of imagination.

I know what you're saying but surely that's the point of a discussion forum? Also, I imagine you're like me where you'll go to whichever festival has the line-up that appeals to you the most? People, for a reason I can't fathom, seem to have some kind of loyalty & will either defend Virgin, and/or give them their money regardless of the line-up. (Huge generalisations ahead) In my experience the typical V goer wouldn't consider doing this (typical V goer isn't someone who posts on festival forums & awaits news/leaks etc.) I know & work with loads of people who go to V every year & can tell you a few bands that are playing the main stage but don't know, or care for that matter who's on in the tents. They don't attend gigs throughout they year and seemingly go to V to tick off a few bands & to say they're going to a festival. Virgin know this & therefore don't have to be as discerning as the other fests as the casual music fan they attract wont give a monkeys.

When discussing last years line-up the overwhelming response was 'I'll just have a laugh with my mates'. Given the choice between having a laugh with my mates & watching a top notch line or having a laugh with my mates & watching a mediocre line-up there's no choice at all.

Going to be totally honest - if Kings of Leon, The Prodigy, Stereophonics, Vampire Weekend and Girls Aloud are there - I'll take that.

If my experience of going to many (12) V Festivals - don't wish for too much! You may end up with something FAR worse..............

I actually dont think its the bands that are the problem. If you notice on here the majority of people who moan about the bands seem to be the regular festival goers as opposed to the people who are going to V for the first time. I just think that the general festival circuit (not just v!!) has got so repetative now that the people who have gone 2 v,glasto,r & l etc. have seen the likes of kol and kasabian that many times that we just want somebody a bit different! I like both of them but the thought of watching them live...again is just dissapointing. But unfortunatley this wont change for a few years because as lucky says they book the bands that are most popular in the charts and to people who haven't gone to festies or gigs the last few years its fantastic news to them! Im thinking a few years off the big festies is needed :P