Kendal Calling 2010

Guest SharonStoned

i got there on time for whenever the gates opened, and queued for about 1.5-2 hours i think

(although i must say, it was the most fun ive ever had in a queue)

you queue to get on the campsite, the reason for this is obvious; glass, weapons, drugs etc, would be taken off you if in plain sight. the glass is because its a deer farm, so any broken glass could harm the deer.

they didnt frisk i dont think, but the searched every single bag until they got upto us, when the head security said to the guy "oh just check every other one from now on". kinda annoying after we waited so long haha

at the arena they just stop you taking booze in, and had sniffer dogs there at certain times, i cant really remember but they werent there the whole time

queues to get into the arena were small in the morning, like 15 minutes, and then after that pretty much nothing unless someone made a fuss or a big band just finished etc (PS organisers - a entrance and exit in different places would be alot better.. dunno if you thought of that)

So to sum up, arena queues were fine, no worries there, unless you're one to wait at the arena from 11 to 1130 for it to open, when at 1145 you will be able to walk straight through anyway. Entrance queues were a bit crap, but im guessing after they sorted bag search it got better, also they only had 3/4 people on bag search, perhaps theyll increase that this year. There were never queues for wristbands, queues for food was like waiting at a chippy, one or two people, and i never bought any alcohol inside the arena (just dashed out for a can or *cough*snuck it in) so i wouldnt know about bar queues

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bar queues were minimal. I'm a shorty and often get overlooked at the bar but didn't have a problem here.

TBH I can't really remember queueing for anything at Kendal apart from the entry into the festival on the first morning (which was fun at first but got a bit nasty in the end) & the arena friday evening (which was about 45 mins but we were pretty pissed by then so we didn't care).

Security and staff were some of the nicest I've come across at festivals :P

i got there on time for whenever the gates opened, and queued for about 1.5-2 hours i think

(although i must say, it was the most fun ive ever had in a queue)

Thanks for that info!

Iit doesn't sound too bad, though I do hate searches when they can't be bothered to put enough staff on, but it doesn't sound as heavy handed or disorganised as some of the festivals I've been to.

Just read Justin Robertson is on the line-up. How did I miss that??!!?? I bought tickets yesterday to see him this weekend. I am a muppet :P

Are Pendulum playing? Just seen the quote on the webpage. Please say it is so. Took my daughter to see them a couple of years ago in Preston & the support act had a Kendal Calling t-shirt on. I certainly went up in my daughter's estimation!!

Would make me very happy if they were, they put on a really good live show.

Edited by SharonStoned

Too near to Wickerman for me :P
Edited by MikeyB37

Are Pendulum playing? Just seen the quote on the webpage. Please say it is so. Took my daughter to see them a couple of years ago in Preston & the support act had a Kendal Calling t-shirt on. I certainly went up in my daughter's estimation!!

Would make me very happy if they were, they put on a really good live show.

thats the sole reason i went last year, that, streets, and cornershop

the fact is, i think every band whether i knew them or not that I watched on the mainstage were fantastic, and good fun

and to get to oxenholme station, id have to get taxis from kendal :/ it is effectively in kendal if youve got a car, but i dont fancy walking it with crates of beer, tent and backpack. opening the campsite thursday would make life a hell of alot easier, but it wont happen. we're thinking half of us will get train up, half go in car, and the ones in the car setup camp in the morning, with the others arriving around 10

yeah but going from kendal to penrith transferring at oxenholme is a 1hr20 journey :/

btw dance tent;

Friday: DJ Yoda, Justin Robertson, Plump DJs, Elite Force

Saturday:

Sunday: High Contrast, Emalkay

Bold is headliner, other; no order [confirmed dates and headliner]

Guessing Sunday is Wax:On so Erol Alkan, Doorly, Danny Byrd, People Get Real, Eskimo Twins most likely playing that night

Guessing Friday is KC booked, so Scratch Perverts, Rich Reason, Ken Evil, Ash Howell most likely playing that night

Craig Charles and Lanc Hotpots are both Sunday

Edited by rbranigan

yeah but going from kendal to penrith transferring at oxenholme is a 1hr20 journey :/

btw dance tent;

Friday: DJ Yoda, Justin Robertson, Plump DJs, Elite Force

Saturday:

Sunday: High Contrast, Emalkay

Bold is headliner, other; no order [confirmed dates and headliner]

Guessing Sunday is Wax:On so Erol Alkan, Doorly, Danny Byrd, People Get Real, Eskimo Twins most likely playing that night

Guessing Friday is KC booked, so Scratch Perverts, Rich Reason, Ken Evil, Ash Howell most likely playing that night

Craig Charles and Lanc Hotpots are both Sunday