Kendal Calling 2010

Guest SharonStoned

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my final wishlist before the first announcement ahah

Foals....................................The Horrors................................Doves

The Kills....................................The XX....................Mumford & Sons

Two Door Cinema Club..........Stornoway......................Johnny Flynn

Im being unbelievably hopeful, take the top three outta the equation and id still be happy.

Or swap glasvegas in for horrors/doves, or jamie t in for either, or hot chip for foals, or the big pink for the kills.

ps. if the we are calling stage hasnt been booked yet, imperial leisure would suit

im well chuffed with this although i hate calvin harris with a passion (though will probably watch all the same, too damn catchy), the others are good, and the dance stage looks awesome, glad erol alkans announced

i reckon calvin will be the biggest headliner of the weekend? i dont see why they wouldnt announce the biggest first

Edited by rbranigan

In an ideal world, maybe! Contracts and bands take forever to sort out, and each band, manager and agent act differently. I reckon the other headliners.. well, I'll stop there. :P

Anyway glad you like it, there's still plenty more to be announced (80% of the main stage including 2 headliners, plus 6 or so other stages), and I'm pleased OK GO are the first international act to grace the main stage - I've been a fan for years.

I saw him at Wireless last year and he was suprisingly good.

He played a live set with a full band and played keyboard, sang and generally bounced about.

I'm looking forward to seeing him again, though judging by the posts here that means I have no street cred!

But I also love the Futureheads - seen them a few of times and they never dissappoint.

Edited by SharonStoned

By the way, anyone living in kendal/penrith/general lake district, maybe you could shed some light on a situation

me and my mates (we're from liverpool/preston area) are thinking of going up to stay in a flat my parents own in kendal, so that we can arrive early on the friday in order to avoid the queues and get then same spot that we did last year. we were thinking of driving, but now theres 6 of us, and only one car..

we can get the train from preston to kendal for £17 return, which is great value, but how would we get from kendal to the lowther site? as i said, we were hoping to get there before 9 so that we could get the spot we camped in last year and avoid queues, but the first bus from penrith station leaves at 9 :/ and we'd have to get another train from kendal to penrith which is a good 1hr20min journey with 1/2 changes!

Edited by rbranigan

By the way, anyone living in kendal/penrith/general lake district, maybe you could shed some light on a situation

me and my mates (we're from liverpool/preston area) are thinking of going up to stay in a flat my parents own in kendal, so that we can arrive early on the friday in order to avoid the queues and get then same spot that we did last year. we were thinking of driving, but now theres 6 of us, and only one car..

we can get the train from preston to kendal for £17 return, which is great value, but how would we get from kendal to the lowther site? as i said, we were hoping to get there before 9 so that we could get the spot we camped in last year and avoid queues, but the first bus from penrith station leaves at 9 :/ and we'd have to get another train from kendal to penrith which is a good 1hr20min journey with 1/2 changes!

Edited by Flaminglippy

I saw him at Wireless last year and he was suprisingly good.

He played a live set with a full band and played keyboard, sang and generally bounced about.

I'm looking forward to seeing him again, though judging by the posts here that means I have no street cred!

If Thursday opening is not possible can the gates not be opened in the early hours of Friday so people drift a few at a time? Or have more than a couple of tables checking the bags intead of the bottleneck?

I appreciate there will be a queue to get in, sometimes it's part of the fun, but there was loads of people pushing in the queue from the sides (out of sheer frustration) and it turned quite nasty at one point. Wasn't a great start to the festival.

Last year we were there for 9am, we couldn't be bothered pushing and shoving to get in and didn't manage to finish off setting up camp until 3pm. We missed loads of stuff :P

see if the music starts at 12, alot of people are gonna miss alot of music unless that openings bigger :/

id be willing to pay extra for an early entry kinda ticket for thursday night tbh

for anyone without a car its going to be practically impossible to get to the festival and not miss the first act (at least it would have been last year if the music had started at 12) I remember we got in about 1130 after queueing for quite a long time, and we got there early, and we drove there. the first bus wont arrive till 930/10 :/

see if the music starts at 12, alot of people are gonna miss alot of music unless that openings bigger :/

id be willing to pay extra for an early entry kinda ticket for thursday night tbh

for anyone without a car its going to be practically impossible to get to the festival and not miss the first act (at least it would have been last year if the music had started at 12) I remember we got in about 1130 after queueing for quite a long time, and we got there early, and we drove there. the first bus wont arrive till 930/10 :/