Kendal Calling 2010

Guest SharonStoned

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to confess that I managed to get 2 tickets and was refreshing from about 08:50 and i think it was about 8:56am when I was entering my details.

I have checked and my ticket numbers and they are both below 10 so very lucky I tried earlier than 09:00.

From past experience with online ticket booking agents I always try earlier than they say as it sometimes pays off as it just depends when the server allows access which may not always be exaclty when it should be.

Hey all,

I was nervous about the sale and spent the night unable to sleep - so I slept in and missed quite a bit of action today. It would appear that the tickets went on sale a few minutes earlier than advertised - earliest reports are 8:55, and that's backed up by a number of posts on other forums. I'm not sure why this could happen when the systems are all automated (I assume..) but, well, it's happened and it's something we'll work on avoiding next year. Sorry for all those who were ready at 9 and didn't manage to get through.

In the meantime we're looking forward to starting the lineup announcements - I'm certain you'll be very pleased!

Are tickets gonna be forsale at any shops at all ? I know Millets were selling them last year, any chance of a list of where there gonna be on sale ?

Also i see capacity is gonna be increased to 8000, it was 6000 last year wasn't it ? Don't ruin it by letting it get to big !!

Edited by Wooden

Hey all,

I was nervous about the sale and spent the night unable to sleep - so I slept in and missed quite a bit of action today. It would appear that the tickets went on sale a few minutes earlier than advertised - earliest reports are 8:55, and that's backed up by a number of posts on other forums. I'm not sure why this could happen when the systems are all automated (I assume..) but, well, it's happened and it's something we'll work on avoiding next year. Sorry for all those who were ready at 9 and didn't manage to get through.

In the meantime we're looking forward to starting the lineup announcements - I'm certain you'll be very pleased!

Good stuff! Part of the reason I want to try a smaller festival is to avoid the knobheads who seem to have taken over every major festival! Just to want to have a session with my mates and see some decent bands without being round a bunch of teenagers wanting to start a ruck!

Maaaan...I'm starting to sound OLD!

Can't believe how easily people have agreed to come to this one...after a series of texts and e-mails theres about 10 of us now...a few of them have never done a festival.

Hi There

I have just come across Kendal Calling and Im really thinking of coming. Im use to going to the "bigger" festivals but have somewhat become frustrated by the fact they seem more interested in the commercial aspect rather than the true music lovers.

Question - Is this a more family friendly environment and therefore would you recommend it being suitable for my 4 year old daughter aswell. I would never dream of taking her to one of the Glasto type festivals but as this appears a lot smaller and more intimate, I wonder what other peoples thoughts are especially if you have been to Kendal Calling before?

Thanks

Hi. We've never done Kendal Calling before but have got tickets this year and are taking our three kids, 11, 9 and 6. We've heard it is good for families. Solfest is another smaller festie that we have done with the kids and they loved it.

Can anyone tell me if we can take a caravan to Kendal Calling. We've bought a campervan ticket as we have booked to hire a VW camper but we're now in the process of buying a caravan and would prefer to take this. Thanks for any advice.

hi all, not sure about caravans (sorry!) but it seems a good festival for the kids. can't get my daughter to come with me though, she's worried about the camping and insects and spiders etc... !!!

i didn't manage to get early bird tickets despite being sat ready online, got full priced ones just a few minutes after nine and they're ticket numbers 101 and 102 so am wondering if there ever was 500 early birds to start with :P

now am looking forward to hearing the line up !

see you in the fields :P

Edited by lisobely

Do you know what numbers the early bird tickets were? We got numbers 101 and 102 and those weren't early birds. Shouldn't there have been 500 early birds sold first? We also tried buying them from 08.55 onwards, but up until 09.00 the website just said they weren't on sale yet.Then switched to sold out at 09.00